This article focus on the merit cum means based scholarship, merit-based scholarships, internships and competitions for engineering students.
Image Credits-jscreationzs at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
There are many Scholarships for Engineering Students offered by Government, private bodies and NGOs to Engineering students of the Country.
The links given below for each scholarship/opportunity has the complete details regarding the eligibility, deadline, award, selection process etc.
Latest Update: Application Open for Mitacs Global Scholarship
Merit Cum Means Scholarship- Scholarship for Engineering Students
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship||Merit Scholarships|
|IOCL Scholarship||UGC Scholarship for Rank Holders|
|MOMA Scholarship||OPJEMS Scholarship|
|Central Sector Scholarship||IET Scholarship|
|North South Foundation Scholarship||Google Anita Borg Scholarship|
|ONGC Scholarship||NTPC Scholarship|
|LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship||TOEFL Scholarship|
|Siemens Scholarship||Aditya Birla Scholarship|
|Panasonic Scholarship||GE Foundation Scholarship|
|Foundation for Excellence Scholarship||Cargill Global Scholars Program|
|FAEA BHEL Scholarship|
This is a scholarship offered by Indian Oil to the 1st engineering students who have taken admission in the college in the first year. It is a merit cum means scholarship for engineering students whose annual family income is less than Rs. 1 lac. Preference will be given to the students whose family income is less than Rs. 60,000.
300 scholarships would be given to the engineering students. The selected students will be given Rs. 3000 per month for 4 years. IOCL also offer scholarships to Class 10/ ITI, MBBS & MBA students under this scholarship scheme.
2. MOMA Scholarship- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Engineering Students
This scholarship for engineering students is offered by Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India. Scholarships are given to the students belonging to national Minority Community that is Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Parsis & Jains. It is also a merit cum means scholarship and more than 20,000 scholarships are given every year.
The scholarship is offered to the students who are enrolled in engineering colleges in India and whose annual family income does not exceed Rs. 2.5 Lacs. Students would be paid Rs.10,000 per year (Rs. 5000 for day scholars) + Course Fee. Full course fees would be compensated for the students studying in selected Engineering colleges like IITs & NITs.
This scholarship is offered by CBSE and 82000 scholarships are given (41,000 each for boys and girls). The students who have taken admission in UG courses in Indian universities are eligible for the scholarship.
The selected engineering students will be paid Rs. 1000 per month for 3 years and Rs. 2,000 per month in the 4th year provided that the annual income of the family does not exceed Rs. 6 Lacs.
The scholarship for engineering students is given by North South Foundation. The Scholarship is given to students pursuing professional courses like Engineering, Medical etc.The scholarship would be given for the entire course subject to the performance of the students.
The selected engineering students would be given a scholarship in the range of Rs. 5,000-15,000 per year given that the annual income of the family does not exceed Rs. 65,000
This scholarship is provided by ONGC for SC/ST students who are pursuing professional courses like Engineering. Out of 500 scholarships, 247 will be provided to the students pursuing Engineering. The selected students will be given Rs. 4,000 per month for 4 years and the scholarship is subject to renewal every year.
To avail, this scholarship, the annual family income of the students should not exceed Rs. 4.5 Lacs per annum.
The scholarship is provided by LIC and is applicable for students who are pursuing graduation in any stream from a Govt./ Private college. The selected students are provided Rs. 10,000 annually to pursue higher education provided the family income does not exceed Rs. 1 Lac.
The scholarship is provided for the entire duration of the course.
This scholarship is for 1st year engineering students in IITs and NITs and whose annual family income is less than Rs. 2 Lacs.
Scholarship by Panasonic India for the 1st year engineering students who either hold a BPL card or are not able to fund their studies at IIT.
It is a scholarship for B.Tech and MBBS Students and is given to those students whose annual family income is less than Rs. 1,80,000. This is a scholarship given on merit cum means basis.
10. FAEA BHEL Scholarship
It is a scholarship provided by BHEL and is given to students of Socially & Economically Weaker Backgrounds in the Below Poverty Line - BPL Category. It is given to engineering students as well as to the students in other science, arts, and commerce stream. It covers the tuition fee, maintenance fee, books allowance etc.
Merit Based Scholarships
The students who have secured 1st and 2nd rank in university gets the scholarship from UGC to carry on their post-graduation studies.
2. Central Sector Scholarship ( By MHRD)
The scholarship is given by MHRD to the meritorious students who have secured good marks in Class 12 board exams and have taken admission in 1st year of any undergraduate course in a recognized university in India.
3. OP Jindal Engineering & Management Scholarship (OPJEMS)
Scholarship for Engineering students.This scholarship is offered by O.P. Jindal Group companies and was started in 2007. Every year 100 scholarships are given to students from 40 engineering & management institution. The shortlisted students will take an online test to qualify for the scholarship.
Selected engineering students will receive Rs. 80,000 as scholarship.
This scholarship is offered by IET for 2nd & 3rd year Engineering students in India. The scholarships worth Rs. 8 lacs will be given to the selected students. The students have to go through multiple rounds of selection including an online test to get this prestigious scholarship.
The scholarship exam is conducted by SUFI (NGO) and SEMCI and is open to 3rd & 4th year Engineering Students. 10 or more scholarships of Rs. 35,000 will be given and the topper of the NEST exam will get Rs. 75,000
6. Google Anita Borg Scholarship (Only for women)
The scholarship is given to female undergraduate/postgraduate students who are pursuing studies in the field of science or closely related field based on their academic performance and leadership qualities. Many Indian women have won this scholarship from Indian engineering colleges and science institutes.
7. NTPC Scholarship (Only for SC/ST & PH Candidates)
The scholarship program is for SC, ST & PH students who are studying at IITs, NITs, and BITS and have completed their first year at the respective college. The scholarship amount is Rs. 4000 per month.
The scholarship for pursuing undergraduate/ graduate degree program in institutes which accept TOEFL score in India, Australia, Mainland China, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Scholarship by Aditya Birla Group for pursuing studies in IITs, IIMs, BITS Pilani and Law Colleges in India.
This scholarship is given to 2nd-year students of the selected engineering colleges which are MIT Manipal, VIT Univerity Vellore, IIT Gandhinagar, BITS Pilani and Tezpur University Assam.
The scholarship is given to students of selected engineering colleges in India which are IIT Delhi, DTU, IIT Bombay, BIT Mesra, NIT Tiruchirapalli. The students will receive a scholarship of $2,000 (USD) per year for the 3rd and 4th year of their undergraduate studies.
Other Opportunities for the Engineering Students
- SN Bose Scholars Program- A 3 months student exchange program to leading institutions in the USA.
- Charpak Exchange Program- An Exchange Program of 1-4 months (basically for one semester in leading to leading institution in France.
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program - Spend one semester of your undergraduate studies in the USA. All expenses paid
Internships for Engineering Students
- MITACS Global Internship- 12 weeks Internship in Canada. (Open to 5th, 6th & 7th Sem Students)
- Internship with Microsoft Research- Only Final Year students can apply for this.
- DAAD wise Internship- Internship for around 3 months in top institutions in Germany. Students of 5th & 6th Sem can apply for this internship.
- Viterbi-India Program- 8 weeks Research In USA supported by Viterbi School of Engineering and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
- University of Queensland Summer Research Program - It is a 10 weeks research program in Australia for 1st-year students of UG Studies.
- Charpak Internship - It is offered by French Embassy in India to students pursuing graduate or postgraduate studies in science, economics or engineering fields and wish to attend training courses at a French laboratory during the academic break, i.e. between May and July.
- LAMP Fellowship- An opportunity to work with a Member of Parliament in India after your graduation for 11 months + a stipend of Rs. 20,000 p.m.
- Lok Sabha Fellowship
Competitions for Engineering Students in India
- Google Student Ambassador Program
- Google Code Jam
- Honda Young Engineers and Scientist Awards
- All India Contest on Nuclear Science & Technology- Conducted by Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India.
- Mahindra Driverless Car Challenge
- Wildlife Crime Tech Challenge
- Dr. Ambedkar National Essay Writing Competition- First Prize Rs. 1 Lac
- All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science & Technology - Conducted by Department of Atomic Energy, GOI
- Innovation Jockey by Accenture and Powered by Yahoo
Opening in Indian Defence Services
Scholarship for Master's outside India
- Charpak Scholarship for Master's in France
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Study in Germany Scholarships
- Study in Singapore Scholarships
- Study in Australia Scholarships
Admission in MBA in India and Abroad
Fill up this form if you are interested in Free Updates on MBA Admission
If you do not want to miss any information on scholarship, Competitions & Fellowships: Subscribe to Mota Chashma and get scholarships by Email right into your inbox
This article will be updated as and when the opportunities are added or announced. You can bookmark the article for future reference.