Aditya Birla Scholarship 2018 for IITs, IIMs, XLRI, BITS Pilani & Law Colleges
About Aditya Birla Scholarship
Aditya Birla Scholarship (ABS) Scheme is offered to meritorious students studying in IIMs, IITs, XLRI, BITS (Pilani) and Law Colleges etc. Aditya Birla Scholarship covers a large part of academic fees as well as the hostel fees till the completion of the course. Aditya Birla Scholarship was founded in the year 1999 to fulfill the dreams of late Sri Aditya Vikram Birla, the founder of Aditya Birla Group. The Aditya Birla Scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for Scholars to learn through networking with the Aditya Birla Group. However, it is not mandatory that Scholars on successful completion of the course have to join the Aditya Birla Group if they desire so they can join. The Aditya Birla Group Scholarship 2018 application form is expected in August 2018. Students are suggested to stay updated and check this page regularly. The eligibility for Aditya Birla Scholarship, scholarship amount and application process are given below on this page.
Aditya Birla Scholarship 2018 Dates
Students who want to apply for Aditya Birla Scholarship can check the important dates in the table given below.
||Law and Engineering Students
|Aditya Birla Scholarship Application Form Submission
||1st week of August 2018
||2nd week of July 2018
|Intimation of shortlisted candidates
||4th week of August 2018
||2nd week of August 2018
|Interview of shortlisted Candidates
||4th week of September 2018
||4th week of September 2018
|Aditya Birla Scholarship Result
Note: Interview of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted at ITC Grand Central, Parel, Mumbai.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Aditya Birla Scholarship
Aditya Birla Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||Open to the students studying in IIMs/ XLRI – Jamshedpur/ IITs (B.Tech)/ BITS (Pilani) Campuses/LAW
||Students from the below-mentioned institutes can only apply for the Scholarships:
The top 20 on the basis of the entrance exam which is conducted at the time of the admissions are invited to apply through the Dean of the respective institutes.
- IIMs - Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode, Shillong
- XLRI – Jamshedpur
- IITs (B.Tech) - Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Guwahati
- BITS (Pilani) Campuses
- National Law School of India University - Bangalore,
- NALSAR University of Law - Hyderabad,
- The WB National University of Juridical Sciences - Kolkata,
- National Law University – Jodhpur
Aditya Birla Scholarship Reward
Aditya Birla Scholarship amount covers a large part of academic fees, as well as the hostel fees for the IITs/BITS stream. For management and law students, some part of the tuition fee is covered in the scholarship.
IIMs / XLRI
| Rs. 1,75,000 per annum
IIT / BITS Pilani
Rs 1,00,000 per annum
All Law colleges
| Rs. 1,80,000 per annum or fees at actuals, whichever is lower
- Funds will be sent to the Dean/Director: The scholarship funds are administered by the dean/director of the institution. All funds are sent directly to them via cheque for appropriate disbursal.
- Fee paid by students will be Refunded: The scholarship covers the entire course. Hence the Institute will refund the amount paid by the students as the Scholarship Results is announced only in September.
- Performance will be monitored: For the renewal of the Scholarship every year the performance of the Scholars will be monitored closely.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Renewal
The Scholarship will be renewed on the basis of the below-mentioned Assessment Criteria
- Scholastic standards: The scholar must be in the top 25 percent of students in their batch
- Work done by the Scholar during the course of the programme: 60% of the total assignments submitted should have a rating of 7 on a 9 point scale.
- Participation in campus activities: Active participation in a minimum of two forums on campus.
- Learning: Scholar has to write a 250-word essay on "Being an Aditya Birla Scholar: experience sharing"
Performance Measurement Data has to be submitted to by the Scholar and certified by the Academic Dean at the institute.
Kindly Note: No single factor will be a major determinant.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Application form and Process
The Aditya Birla Group will directly send the application form to the Dean/ Principal of the Institutes. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria are required to fill up the Application Form and submit it to the Dean/director of their respective Institutes before the last dates.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Selection Process
The below mentioned is the process through which the Scholars will be selected:
- On the basis of the information furnished in the Application Form by the applicants 180 students from the IIMs and XLRI, 160 students from the IITs and BITS (Pilani) and 100 students from law campuses will be evaluated.
- Round 1: For the next round the candidates will be selected on the basis of their overall achievements taking into consideration the academic and co-curricular excellence.
- Round 2: For the Interview, shortlisted candidate’s Essays will be reviewed by a panel of judges.
- Round 3: Final Round: Interview
- The Shortlisted students of Round 2 will be called for an interview which will be held in Mumbai.
- Interviews will be conducted by an eminent panel of luminaries and academicians.
- Facilities for the Shortlisted candidates: They will be provided accommodation, travel reimbursement, and a token allowance to travel to Mumbai.
- At the time of Interview, candidates have to carry all supporting documents such as copies of certificates, mark sheets, etc.
- After the interview Best 16 students, each from - engineering and management and 8 from law will be selected.
- The Finally Selected students will be named Aditya Birla Scholars.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Contact Details
Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiative and Rural Development Project
Aditya Birla Management Corporation Limited,
Aditya Birla Centre,
1st Floor, 'C' Wing,
S.K. Ahire Marg
Worli, Mumbai 400 030
Tel: 91-22-6652 5000 / 2499 5000
Fax: 91-22-6652 5741 / 42
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More