MOMA Scholarship 2019 - Merit Cum Means(MCM)
About MOMA Scholarship
MOMA Scholarship 2019 is Merit cum Means Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs commonly known as MOMA Scholarship. Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme was launched with the aim to support the meritorious students, who are not financially strong and who belong to the minority community and want to pursue their educational career and courses for higher and professional/technical courses. The application form for MOMA Scholarship 2019 is available now and the candidates can apply online through the National Scholarship Portal. MOMA Merit cum Means Scholarship will be given to the candidates whose family income is less than 2.5 lakhs per annum. Apart from renewal, 60,000 fresh scholarship will be given under Merit cum Means Scholarship 2019. This page gives information on MOMA Merit cum Means Scholarship, the Application Process, Eligibility Criteria, Rewards and other important details. Scroll down to read more on MOMA Scholarship 2019.
- Minority Community in India includes people who are Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis) & Jains.
- The scholarship is awarded through the State Governments/UTs or an agency designated by State Govt. to the different candidates within the regions of India.
- The Scholarship is awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate courses like Engineering/ Architecture/ MBBS/ Medical & Para Medical Courses/ Veterinary Sc. & Animal Husbandry/ CA/CS/ ICWA/ Fashion Technology/ Design/ Pharmacy/ Law/ Management/MCA
- The Scholarship will be given for some of the courses, and not all >> Courses eligible for Merit cum Means Scholarship
- The scholarship is awarded to more than 60,000 candidates every year.
- List of all Minority Scholarships offered by MOMA
- From the session 2012-13 to 2017-18, the amount of Rs. 1634.99 crore has released to benefit 6,13,472 candidates.
Latest Update: MOMA Merit cum Means Scholarship registration has been started from 15 July 2019. Candidates can apply online through National Scholarship Portal. The link is available below.
Register here for FREE SMS Updates on MOMA Scholarship 2019
What is the MOMA Scholarship?
- Scholarships given by the Ministry of Minority Affairs are commonly known as MOMA Scholarships.
- The Scholarship is given to meritorious minority community students for pursuing their further studies.
- Centre Govt. allocates funds for this scholarship based on the population of the minority community in the respective State/UT
- The Scholarship allocation to the students is done by the State/ UT to the students.
Types of Scholarships under MOMA Scholarship
MOMA Scholarships are divided into three parts and covers the scholarship for students from Class 1 to 12 and also for higher studies after class 12.
Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls A Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) for girls who have passed class 10 and taken admission in Class 11.
Reservation for Girl Students in MOMA Scholarship
- 30% of the scholarship is reserved for girls of each minority community in a state but in case if the number of girls falls short for a particular scholarship than the minimum number of requirement, then it would be made available to some other candidate of the same community.
MOMA Scholarship Dates 2019
Candidates can check dates related to MOMA Scholarship 2019 below:
|| Fresh Application
||Dates for Renewal
|MOMA Scholarship Application Begins
||15 July 2019
||15 July 2019
|Last date to apply online for MOMA Scholarship
||31 October 2019
||31 October 2019
|Scrutiny of Application by Institute
|Scrutiny of Application by State/UT
|Final List of students selected
MOMA Scholarship Amount
MOMA Scholarship Amount
Maintenance allowance (10 months)
|Rs. 10,000 per year
|| Rs. 5000 per year
Course fee (Full course fee will be compensated to the students enrolled in selected institution/college
Rs. 20,000 per annum or actual whichever is less
Subscribe for Regular Updates of MOMA Scholarship
MOMA Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| For students studying professionals/technical courses
- The student must be from the minority group.
- The student should be pursuing his/her studies in India.
- The student should be enrolled in any of these professional/technical course- Engineering/ Architecture/ MBBS/ Medical & Para Medical Courses/ Veterinary Sc. & Animal Husbandry/ CA/CS/ ICWA/ Fashion Technology/ Design/ Pharmacy/ Law/ Management/MCA
- Courses Eligible for Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minority Students
- The income of student/parent/guardian must not exceed the Rs. 2,50,000
- The student must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in his/her class 12 examination.
- The scholarship would be provided to only those students who have got admission in the college/institution through a competitive exam or those through merit, provided they must have attained a minimum of 50% marks in their class 12 exams.
Not Eligible for Merit cum Means Scholarship
- Students under these scholarships are not allowed to avail any other scholarship
- Not more than two members of the same family are entitled to the scholarship
- The scholarship will not be paid for the students who are under internship/houseman ship for the course of M.B.B.S or any other technical course.
- The scholarship would be withdrawn in a case wherein the student changes his/her course for which the scholarship was awarded.
- The scholarship would be cancelled if the student discontinues his/her studies
MOMA Scholarship Reward
The students have to renew their MOMA Scholarship every year provided that they score the minimum qualifying marks. >> MOMA Scholarship Renewal
There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (or in each semester/trimester of previous year’s) their application is approved by State Governments/UTs.
MOMA Scholarship Application form and Process
Candidates can fill the application form for MOMA Scholarship 2019 through online mode. The application submission date for the MOMA Scholarship (Merit cum Means Scholarship) 2019 is available from 15 July. The candidates can apply online for MOMA Merit cum Means Scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal. The link for the same is given below.
Minority Scholarship Application 2019 - Apply Online
- The students should follow the necessary steps while applying for the MOMA Scholarship online
- Visit the official website and first create a student account (if the account already exists then there is no need for registration).
- The student will get the Temporary id
- Select the name of the scholarships they want to apply to.
- They need to register themselves on the website (they are kindly advised to read the FAQs)
- After the online application is completed, the student has to submit the application and take a printout of the application form.
Documents to be uploaded with the MOMA Scholarship Application Form
- One copy of the scholarship application form (signed by the candidate)
- One passport size photograph with student’s signature
- Self-attested copy of all the certificates in respect of all the examination passed
- Income certificates of parent/guardian whether self- employed or under some employee, accordingly
- Self-declaration of the community by the student.
- Course fee receipt
MOMA Scholarship Selection Process
The selection for MOMA Scholarship- Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2019 will be made strictly on the merit basis. Within the State-wise allocations, the application from students enrolled in the reputed institutions will be given preference. After the scholarships are sanctioned the state/UT will publish the details of the selected students on the website of state/Government/UT concerned. MOMA Scholarship- Merit cum means scholarship merit list will be displayed in the first week of November 2019.
MOMA Scholarship Distribution
About Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA)
The Ministry of Minority Affairs was created on 29 January 2006 by the Government of India. The formation of the ministry took place to maintain equal treatment of administrative and executive bodies in the country towards the minority groups in the country. It was formed to take care of the needs of the minority groups in the country
MOMA Scholarship Contact Details
Ramanujan Research Studentship in Mathematics is awarded every year by Trinity College to honour the connection between the famous Indian mathema... Read More
INMO 2020 (Indian National Mathematical Olympiad) is the 2nd step of the ladder to qualify for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO). In... Read More
Indian National Olympiad (INO) 2020 Programme refers to a systematic activity supported by the Government of India to select and train Indian teams fo... Read More
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2020 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between... Read More