RIMC Dehradun Admission 2023: Rashtriya Indian Military College Application
100% Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 & Passed by AAKASH Apply Now
About RIMC Admission
RIMC Admission 2023 to Class 8 will be done on the basis of the RIMC Admission Test. Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is an ‘A’ category inter-service public school founded by the Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India to promote & provide quality education to young boys in India. Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) was established in the year 1922 with the primary aim of preparing boys to enter into Defence services. RIMC Admission Test is conducted twice a year (June and December) for admission to RIMC Dehradun. Get here the complete details regarding RIMC Dehradun Admission 2022.
Latest Update: RIMC Dehradun Admission registration has started for the July 2023 session
RIMC Exam Date: It will be conducted on 03 December 2022
RIMC Admission 2022 Dates
Candidates can check the dates related to RIMC Dehradun Admission 2023 below
||RIMC July 2023 Term
|Last date to apply
||15 October 2022
|RIMC Admission Test
||03 December 2022
||The first week of March 2023
||Will be notified shortly
|Last date of admission
||31 July 2023
RIMC Dehradun Fee for Class 8
- Tuition Fee: The annual fee is presently Rs. 77,500 for General candidates and Rs. 63,900 for SC/ST candidates per year
- At the time of Entry, a Security Deposit of Rs 30,000 has to be made. The amount will be refunded when the boy passes out.
RIMC Dehradun Scholarships
Selected candidates will get admission to the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun, Uttarakhand for the term July 2023
- Scholarship: Candidates performing extremely well in the RIMC test will be given Scholarships between Rs.10,000 to 50,000 per annum.
- The number of scholarships will vary from state to state and the continuation of the scholarship will depend on the merit, income and discipline of the candidate.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of RIMC Admission
RIMC Admission Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| candidates studying in class 7 or passed class 7
- Class: Candidates should be studying in class 7 or passed class 7 from any recognised school at the time of admission that is on 1 July 2023
RIMC Admission Age Limit
- Age: Candidates appearing for the RIMC test should not be less than 11.5 years of age and should not have attained 13 years of age as of 1 July 2023
- Date of Birth: Applicants should have born not earlier than 2 July 2010 and not later than 1 January 2012.
RIMC Admission Application form and Process
Candidates can obtain RIMC Application Form by Speed Post by sending a written request along with an account payee bank draft and caste certificate (SC/ST candidates). A set of previous year question papers and RIMC Prospectus will be given with the application form.
- The Application has to be obtained through RIMC Dehradun
The candidates must note that only the application forms issued by RIMC shall be valid. Locally printed / Photocopied and form without RIMC hologram (Seal) shall not be accepted.
RIMC Dehradun Application Fee
- The application fee has to be submitted through DD or online payment
Details of DD to be sent with the Written Request
- DD should be drawn in favour of "THE COMMANDANT, RIMC DEHRADUN."
- Drawee Branch: STATE BANK OF INDIA, TEL BHAVAN, DEHRADUN, (BANK CODE: 01576), UTTRAKHAND
- The address should be typed in capital letters with the pin code and contact number
- In case of online payment of fee, the prospectus cum application form and booklet of old questions papers will be sent by speed post.
Link for Online Payment of Fee for RIMC Application Form - Click Here
RIMC Application Guidelines + Documents to be submitted
Candidates have to submit two copies of the application forms on the prescribed form along with the required documents mentioned below
- Two passport-size photographs
- State Domicile Certificate
- Birth Certificate (issued by Municipal Corporation/Gram Panchayat)
- SC/ST Certificate (where applicable)
- Certificate issued from the principal of the School in original with the applicant's attested photograph stating Date of Birth and his/her class.
- Photocopy of Aadhaar Card on both sides is mandatory failing which the RIMC admission application will be rejected
Submission of RIMC Dehradun Application
Candidates have to send the filled-in application forms for RIMC Admission Test, to the specific Government on or before 15 October 2022. Application forms sent directly to the Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, will be considered invalid.
- The Application Submission has to be to the respective state government.
RIMC Admission Selection Process
The candidates will be offered Scholarships from their respective State Governments based on their performance in the RIMC admission test. Candidates appearing for the RIMC admission test have to go through 3 steps selection procedure considering the examination pattern. Examination centres will generally be the state capitals or in cities/towns as advertised by the state government.
RIMC Admission Stage 1: Written Test
In the written Examination, there will be three papers, i.e. of English, Mathematics and General Knowledge. The date of examination, schedule and the minimum percentage required to clear the exam is given in the table below.
Mathematics and General Knowledge can be answered in Hindi or English Language
||Minimum Pass % Required
||09:30 AM to 11:00 AM
||12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM
|| 02:30 PM to 04:30 PM
RIMC Admission Stage 2: Viva Voce
- The interview round is the Viva Voce round and it will be conducted only for candidates who qualify the written test.
- Candidates on qualifying written test will receive an intimation regarding date & place of Interview by their respective state govt.
- The interview will be held in April/May, and during the interview, the intelligence, personality and communication skills of the candidate will be tested.
- The minimum pass mark required in the Interview is 50%.
Who will take the Interview for RIMC Admission
- Chief Secretary to the Government
- Two Military Officers
- State Director of Public Institution or Director of Education
- Member of State Public Service Commission
RIMC Admission Stage 3: Medical Examination
- Candidates selected after the viva-voce round will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospitals and only those candidates found medically fit will be eligible to take admission to Rashtriya Indian Military College.
- The medical examination of candidates for admission to the RIMC, Dehradun will be carried out by a medical board at Command / Military Hospital nearest to the candidate's residence.
The Acceptable Visual Standard is
|Eye Distant Vision (Uncorrected)
RIMC Admission Result 2020
RIMC Result will be based on the combined marks of the written test and interview. The selected candidates will get admission in class 8 in RIMC Dehradun and will get an opportunity to pursue qualitative education under a heavily subsidised fee. The admission closure date will be 31 July 2023. No candidates will be allowed to get admitted to RIMC after the given date under any circumstances.
RIMC Admission Contact Details
Rashtriya Indian Military College,
Dehradun - 248003 Uttarakhand
Phone: 0135 - 2752083 (09:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
Fax: 0135 - 2754260 & 0135 - 2754260 (9:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
TALLENTEX is a talent search exam conducted and directed by ALLEN Career Institute. TALLENTEX is an exam for young students with cash prizes, scholars... Read More
NSTSE 2022 is a talent search exam that is conducted by Unified Council. National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE) will be co... Read More
RIMC Admission 2023 to Class 8 will be done on the basis of the RIMC Admission Test. Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is an ‘A&rsqu... Read More
MOMA Scholarship 2022 is Merit cum Means Scholarship by the Ministry of Minority Affairs commonly known as MOMA Scholarship. Meri... Read More