Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for OBC Students
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for OBC candidates is launched by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India to provide financial assistance to the selected OBC candidates for pursuing Masters’ and Ph. D level course in a foreign university.
- Fields of study eligible for Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship are:
- Agricultural Science
- This OBC Scholarship is an annual scholarship scheme and 30% of the scholarships are allotted to female aaplicants.
- Total 25 scholarships are provided each year depending upon the allocation criteria made as per the specific subject.
Central Sector Scholarship 2014 for College & University Students
Click here for all OBC Scholarships
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship
Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Students from all over India can apply for this scholarship.
||Below 35 years
- Students or professionals obtaining 60% marks in Masters’ and Bachelors’ can apply for this scholarship.
Age: Applicants must be below 35 years as on the first date of the month in which OBC Scholarship scheme has been advertised.
For Ph.D Scholarships: Applicants must have secured 60% marks in relevant Masters’ Degree.
- For Masters’ Degree: Applicants must have scored 60% marks in relevant subjects
Total annual income of the applicant must not exceed 3 Lakhs even if he/she is self-employed or of parents/guardians and other sources (allowances made for the purpose of income tax will not be considered)
- Not more than one child of the same parents/guardians will be eligible for award of this scholarship
Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship Reward
National Overseas OBC Scholarship 2014 Reward
- Under the Central Sector Scholarship scheme, total 25 candidates will be granted the scholarships to pursue masters or Ph.D abroad.
- After getting the scholarship award, the scholars are liable to take admission for the concerned subject within 1 year, else the National Overseas scholarship will be cancelled.
- Allocation of the scholarship would be done as per the below given table
||No. of Scholarships
- For Ph.D the financial assistance will be given for 4 years
- For Master the financial assistance will be given for 3 years.
Award Money will be provided depending upon the country chosen for further studies
Annual Maintenance Allowance
For Unites States of America and other countries
For United Kingdom
Applicants can supplement their prescribed maintenance allowances by undertaking Research/Teaching Assistantship.
For Unites States of America and other countries : 2400 US Dollars annually
For United Kingdom: 1560 GBP annually
Beyond these prescribed supplements, Indian Mission Abroad can reduce the maintenance allowance.
Other Allowances and Benefits
- Incident Journey allowance of US Dollar 20 or its equivalent in Indian Rupees
- US Dollar 20 for equipment allowance will be given.
- Actual Poll Tax wherever applicable will be paid.
- Actual Visa Fees in Indian Rupees will be paid.
- Fees and Medical Insurance Premium will be paid.
- Air passage from India to the relevant destination and returning back to India through economy class will be paid.
- Considering the requirements and criteria, Local Travel allowance will be provided.
Return to India after the completion of course
- After completion of course, all the awardees have to immediately return to India. However, by the consent of Indian Government, awardees can stay for next 1 year in the country where pursuing study but without any kind of financial assistance given by. Also, reasons for stay will get recorded in writing.
Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship Application form and Process
National Overseas OBC Scholarship 2014 Application Process
- Applicants can obtain the application form for Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship 2014 from ministry and has to send it with all the required documents to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- Employed candidates must forward their application through their employer
Other Documents to be sent with the Application Form
- As the scholarship will be given to only one child of the same parents/guardians, self-certification will be required
NOC: Employed candidates have to enclose NOC( No Objection Certificate) from their current organisation and it should reach the Ministry on or before the last date of receipt of applications
- Submit a copy of latest tax-assessment and latest monthly salary slip of the firm, they are employed with.
Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship Selection Process
National Overseas OBC Scholarship 2014 Selection Process
- Awardees will be selected by the Selection Committee formed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
Preference will be given to the following students for OBC Scholarship
- Student who has already taken admission in the foreign institute will be given preference in allocation of the OBC scholarship.
- In case of tie between two or more students, senior aged candidate will get the preference ( considering the DOB mentioned in the 10th or 12th certificate).
- Preference would be given to work experienced candidates
Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship Address
Director (BC), Department of Social Justice & Empowerment,
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment,
Government of India,
9th Floor, Jeevan Prakash Building,
25 K G Marg, New Delhi-110001.
Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas OBC Scholarship Contact Details
Name: Shri J. P. Dutt
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Aga Khan Scholarship or International Scholarship Programme (ISP) is provided by Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and provides a limited number of ... Read More
Developing Solution Master’s Scholarship is offered to students of Commonwealth Countries to study in the UK and pursue Master’s Degree in... Read More
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a coding program on global level organized by Google for helping & developing students with open source, free soft... Read More