GE Foundation Scholarship 2016
AAKASH NEET Repeater Batch Starting Apply Now
About GE Scholarship
The GE Foundation Scholarship Program began in 1987 in Mexico, and since then it has been a strong pillar which provides support to outstanding students in higher education in fourteen countries around the world of which India is also the one.The GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders program is administered by the Institute of International Education on behalf of the GE Foundation.
- IIE is an international not-for-profit organisation established in 1919 and has been working into Indan higher education for the past 60 years. It established its office in New Delhi, India in 2005.
- IIE currently administers 200 programs which benefit near about 20,000 men and women from 175 nations
- The GE Foundation Scholarship 2016 Leaders Program is about developing Leadership, Community Involvement and Global Connections for a new generation of students.
The Scholarship Includes:
- Financial Support for the last 2 to 3 years of the program the candidate is enrolled to.
- Access to funded participation in Leadership Development Seminar
- Opportunities in community development or volunteer projects
- Mentorship Opportunities with GE Business Leaders.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GE Scholarship
GE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Students of selected Indian Universities
|| 2nd year undergraduate engineering students
- Nationality: Citizen or permanent resident of India
- Academic Qualification: Enrolled in second year undergraduate engineering programme.
- Able to demonstrate high academic performance
- Able to demonstrate leadership potential
- Eligible Institutes & Courses: The candidate should be enrolled in one of the partner universities within the specific field of study as indicated below:
Courses eligible for the scholarship
VIT University Vellore
Tezpur University Assam
- Food Engineering and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
GE Scholarship Reward
GE Foundation Scholarship 2016 Reward
- Scholarship for 2 years: The successful candidates will be offered a scholarship of $2,000 (USD) per year for the 3rd and 4th years of their undergraduate engineering program.
- Interact with GE Business Leaders: Candidates will be given a golden chance to interact with GE Business Leaders and to understand the R&D culture of a major engineering company
- Participate in Seminar & Activities: Candidates can participate in the activities organised by GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders, including a specially designed leadership development seminar
- Participation in community development projects
GE Scholarship Application form and Process
The applicants can apply for the scholarship Online only at the official website.
>>Click here to Apply Online for GE Foundation 2016.
Details to be filled in the Online Application Form
- Applicant Details: Candidates are required to fill their name, alternate valid e-mail I’d, Gender, Date of Birth, Address, City, State, Country, Postal Code and a valid phone number.
- Education Information: Candidates have to furnish the name of the University, GPA of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th semester, college enrollment date, anticipation graduation date and program length.
- University Address/ Previous Education: Candidates are required to fill in the address of the university last attended and the previous education qualified.
- Prizes or Awards/Activities/Volunteer & Professional Experience and Community Development Proposal.
- Medium: Candidates are required to write an Essay in English.
- The topic for the Essay:
- What has influenced your decision to pursue your particular area of study?
- What challenges and opportunities have you faced in pursuing this field of study?
- How would this scholarship help you to achieve your goals and facilitate your growth as a leader in your chosen field?
- Kindly Note: Candidates are required to write essay in a word processing software, such as Microsoft Word, and then copy and paste it.
- Family Information/Financial Information
- Supporting Documents
Candidates are required to upload the below mentioned documents; a soft copy needs to be scanned and uploaded in the space provided.
- Completed Certification Page – signed and dated
- A copy of High School Marks Certificate
- One certified copy of engineering college transcript for semesters 1 and 2 – combined and scanned as 1 single file
- Two Letters of Reference (from an Academic Supervisor and other Faculty Member) submitted electronically by your recommenders in the online system.Kindly Note: The letters of recommendation do not have to be sent in hard copy.
GE Scholarship Address
Phone: +91 11 46631430
GE Scholarship Contact Details
Ms. Preetika Sachar
Institute of International Education (IIE) India
J-19, Hauz Khas Enclave, New Delhi – 110016, India
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More