LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2020
100% Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 & Passed by AAKASH Apply Now
About LIC Scholarship 2020
LIC Scholarship is conducted by Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) India which provides an opportunity to meritorious students of economically weaker families to pursue their higher studies. Students who have passed class 12 or its equivalent in the academic year 2019-20 are eligible for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship.
- The student should be pursuing studies in Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course or Govt. approved vocational courses, ITI.
- Under the LIC Scholarship scheme, the selected candidates will receive an amount of Rs. 10,000 annually for pursuing higher studies in India in a government or private college/university.
LIC Scholarship Dates
|LIC Scholarship Application Ends
|31 December 2020
|LIC Scholarship Announcement of the selected candidate list
LIC Scholarship Amount
Scholarship Amount: Selected candidate will receive a scholarship of Rs.10,000 annually (payable in three quarterly instalments) for the subsequent years of his/her studies.
|Rs. 20,000 per annum
|Special Girl Child pursuing studies in the 10 + 2 Course
|Rs. 10,000 per annum
The Scholarship amount will be transferred to Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. Therefore in case, the candidate is selected for a scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code and copy of cancelled cheque with the name of the beneficiary are compulsory.
LIC Scholarship Renewal
- Selected candidates fulfilling the requisite eligibility conditions for renewal will get the scholarship for the entire duration of the course.
- For vocational courses: Candidates pursuing professional courses should score a minimum of 60%marks in the last academic year only then will they be eligible for the LIC Scholarship renewal. In case a student scores less than the said marks then their scholarship will lapse.
- For Graduation and Professional courses: The candidate should minimum 60%marks in professional streams and 60% marks in graduation courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of LIC Scholarship 2020
LIC Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria
| All India
| Passed Class 12 in 2019-20
- Students who have passed out class 12 or its equivalent in the Academic year 2019-20 for or pursuing graduation or any professional course in medicine or engineering
- Special Eligibility: Educational Qualification will be relaxed to class 10 or equivalent (Academic Year 2019-20) subject to income ceiling of parents/guardians.
- Marks obtained in class 12 should be a minimum of 60% for pursuing graduation or any professional course in medicine or engineering
- Annual Family Income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 2 Lac.
- The LIC scholarship is awarded for studies in Indian Government or private colleges. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT).
Eligibility for Vocational or Diploma Course after Class 10
- All candidates who have passed Class 10 exam (or equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2019-20
- Parents/guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 2,00,000 per annum.
- The scholarship is provided to students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in the field of Vocational Courses through Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
Eligibility for Special Girl Child Scholarship
- Special scholarship for Girl Child after class 10 is given for pursuing higher studies in 10 + 2 pattern for two years. The grant is provided to girl students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in 10 + 2 pattern.
- The candidate who have passed Class 10 exam (or equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2019-20 and
- Whose parents/guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs.2,00,000 per annum.
LIC Scholarship eligible courses
This scholarship is available for pursuing Bachelor level course in any discipline
- Graduation in any discipline
- Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses
- Vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes
- Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or through Government Recognised Colleges.
LIC Scholarship 2020 Application form and Process
Students interested in LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship can apply only online on the LIC website.
Click Here to Apply for the Scholarship
The candidates have to fill the following information in the LIC Scholarship Application Form
- Personal Details
- Class 10 Details
- Class 11 Details
- Class 12 Details
- Bank Account Details - Bank Account Number, Branch Name, IFSC/MICR Code
Note: After submission of the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Application Form 2020, applicants will receive an acknowledgement at their respective email ID. Further correspondence will be made by the Divisional Office mentioned in the acknowledgement email.
LIC Scholarship 2020 Selection Process
Selection of candidates for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2020 will be based on the percentage of marks obtained by the applicant in class 12/10 and their family annual income. Eligible Students having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
Proof of Income of the Applicant's Family
- Income certificate should be provided in the form of an affidavit on non -judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents based on self-certification and those who are employed by an employer should submit documents (from revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
- Eligible candidates with the lowest family income shall be given the preference in ascending order.
LIC Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Only one member of a family shall be awarded the scholarship.
- The selected candidate should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- On violation of any terms/conditions by the scholar, the scholarship may be discontinued.
- In case of false documents provided by the selected candidate, scholarship allotted will be cancelled and the existing amount paid shall be recovered at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
- LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will be solely responsible for the processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible candidates and will evaluate the scholarship scheme at regular intervals.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Notification
LIC Scholarship 2020 Contact Details
LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation
‘Yogakshema’ Nariman Point, Mumbai – 21.
Fax No: 022-22884103
SOF IMO Level 2 Result has been announced by SOF for the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO). The last date to apply for the same is 30... Read More
Green Olympiad 2022 is an online examination on the environment for school students organized by TERI. Green Olympiad was initiated by TERI ... Read More
IOQM 2022 (The Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted in 26 regions in India and the shortlisted candidat... Read More
NSTSE 2022 is a talent search exam that is conducted by Unified Council. National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE) will be co... Read More