LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2017
About LIC Scholarship
LIC Scholarship is conducted by Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) India which provides an opportunity to meritorious students of economically weaker families to pursue their higher studies. Students who have passed class 12 or its equivalent in the academic year 2016-17 are eligible for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship.
- The student should be pursuing studies in Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course or Govt. approved vocational courses, ITI.
- Under the LIC Scholarship scheme, the selected candidates will receive an amount of Rs. 10,000 annually for pursuing higher studies in India in a government or private college/university.
LIC Scholarship Dates
|LIC Scholarship Application Ends
|LIC Scholarship Announcement of selected candidate list
||October 2017 (Tentative)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of LIC Scholarship
LIC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| Passed Class 12 in 2016-17
- Students who have passed out class 12 or its equivalent in the Academic year 2016-2017
- Special Eligibility: Educational Qualification will be relaxed to class 10 or equivalent (Academic Year 2016-17) subject to income ceiling of parents/guardians.
- Marks obtained in class 12 should be a minimum of 60%
- Annual Family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 1 Lac.
LIC Scholarship eligible courses
This scholarship is available for pursuing Bachelor level course in any discipline
- Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses
- Vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes
- Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or through Government Recognised Colleges.
LIC Scholarship Reward
Scholarship Amount: Selected candidate will receive a scholarship of Rs.10,000 annually (payable in ten monthly instalments of Rs.1,000 each) for the subsequent years of his/her studies.
LIC Scholarship Renewal
- Selected candidates fulfilling the requisite eligibility conditions for renewal will get the scholarship for the entire duration of the course.
- For vocational courses: Candidates pursuing professional courses should score a minimum of 55% in the last academic year only then will they be eligible for the LIC Scholarship renewal. In case a student scores less than the said marks then their scholarship will lapse.
For Graduation/Equivalent degree courses: Candidates studying in Bachelor level courses or equivalent grade should obtain a minimum of 50% in the last academic year to continue with the LIC golden jubilee scholarship.
LIC Scholarship Application form and Process
Students interested in LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship can apply only online on the LIC website.
CLick Here to Apply for the Scholarship
(Link will be updated when available)
The candidates have to fill the following information in the LIC Scholarship Application Form
- Personal Details
- Class 10 Details
- Class 11 Details
- Class 12 Details
- Bank Account Details - Bank Account Number, Branch Name, IFSC/MICR Code
Note: After submission of the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Application Form 2017, applicants will receive an acknowledgment at their respective email ID. Further correspondence will be made by the Divisional Office mentioned in the acknowledgment email.
LIC Scholarship Selection Process
Selection of candidates for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2017 will be based on the percentage of marks obtained by the applicant in class 12/10 and their family annual income.
Proof of Income of the Applicant's Family
- Income certificate should be provided in the form of an affidavit on non -judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents based on self-certification and those who are employed by an employer should submit documents (from revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
- Eligible candidates with the lowest family income shall be given the preference in ascending order.
LIC Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Only one member of a family shall be awarded the scholarship.
- Selected candidate should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- On violation of any terms/conditions by the scholar, the scholarship may be discontinued.
- In case of false documents provided by the selected candidate, scholarship allotted will be canceled and the existing amount paid shall be recovered at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.|
- LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will be solely responsible for the processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible candidates and will evaluate the scholarship scheme at regular intervals.
LIC Scholarship Contact Details
LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation
‘Yogakshema’ Nariman Point, Mumbai – 21.
Fax No: 022-22884103
Taiwan ICDF scholarship programme 2019 is for the Indian students who want to pursue Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD degree program in Taiw... Read More
DBT JRF 2019 - Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology is conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under the Ministry of Scien... Read More
ACST 2019 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical ... Read More
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation organises Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2019. The application process for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Pro... Read More