PMSSS 2020 - AICTE PM Special Scholarship (PMSSS) for J&K students
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Class 11, 12 Apply Now
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1359 APPLY Now
AAKASH Scholarship Test for Class 8, 9, 10 Apply Now
About PMSSS 2020
PMSSS (Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme) for Students from J&K is commonly known as AICTE JK Scholarship. Applications to start in April 2020. This scholarship is an endeavour to promote higher education among the students of Jammu and Kashmir. This scholarship for JK Students is provided to cover the tuition fee expenses, hostel fee, the cost of books and other miscellaneous charges. This JK scholarship is applicable to students who are willing to study in colleges outside Jammu and Kashmir. AICTE JK scholarship is offered only to the students enrolled in Undergraduate courses in Medical, Engineering, and General Degree Courses. Get complete details on AICTE JK Scholarship here on this page.
- This scholarship is for 10+ 2 students
- This scholarship is valid for diploma students (For Lateral Entry Admission)
As per the quota prescribed for Jammu & Kashmir, there is an internal reservation for the candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories. In addition, to that, there is 3% reservation for Physically Handicapped candidates.
Latest Update - The PMSSS JK Scholarship application to start in April
AICTE - ECI Chhatra Vishwakarma Award
PMSSS 2020 Dates - PM Scholarship for J&K students
Application Begins for AICTE
JK Scholarship (for 10+2 students)
Last Date to Apply for
|Laat Date to Apply for Scholarship
(Only for Engineering Stream) - Lateral Entry
|Mid-April to End of May 2020
AICTE JK PMSSS Merit List (Provisional)
|11 June 2020
Document Re-verification at Facilitation Centers Centers
|11- 13 June 2020
AICTE JK PMSSS Merit List (Final)
|18 June 2020
PMSSS 2020 for Diploma Students
- Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for Students from J&K is offered to 5000 fresh undergraduate students every year. Last year Rs 75 crore worth scholarships were available to J&K students under PMSSS.
- Students under PMSSS have secured admission in various reputed colleges like Delhi College of Engineering, Lady Sri Ram College, St Stephens College Delhi, BIT Mesra, NSIT Delhi etc.
Register Here for Free SMS Alert on JK PMSS Scholarship
Quick Links for PMSSS 2020
Subscribe for Regular Updates of PMSSS 2020
PMSSS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
||Jammu & Kashmir
- Domicile: The student must be a domiciled resident of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidates must be willing to study outside J&K.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed Class 10+2 Examination from J&K Board or CBSE located in J&K in 2018-19 or appeared in 2019-20
- Must have passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K State Polytechnics
eligible for admission in the direct second year in the prescribed list of
colleges on the vacant seats of Engg category for batch 2019-20
- Annual Family Income: The annual family income of the family from all sources must not be greater than Rs. 8 Lakh per annum.
- This scholarship is only for students who want to study in colleges outside Jammu and Kashmir.
Not Eligible for the PMSS JK Scholarship
- Candidates admitted to the college on Management Quota are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Candidates pursuing their Undergraduate courses at Open Universities.
- Candidates enrolled in diploma courses, not leading to the award of Degree.
- Pursuing postgraduate courses.
- Has taken admission to college other than approved for the scholarship.
Courses Eligible for PMSS JK Scholarship
- B.A./ B.Com./ B.Sc./ B.Sc.(Hon.), BBA/ BCA / B.Sc. (Physiotherapy), B.Sc.(Agriculture) etc.
- Professional courses include B.E./ B.Tech./ B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams include MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS and allied medicinal courses.
PMSSS 2020 Reward
The candidates selected for the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for students from Jammu and Kashmir State will get the following benefits. The rewards are divided among the different categories given below.
(Payable to the Institution)
|Maintenance Charges Limit
(Payable to the Student)
|General Degree Courses
||Upto Rs. 30,000
||Rs. 1 Lakh per annum for
||Upto Rs. 1.25 Lakh Per annum
|Medical/BDS or equivalent Medical Streams
||Upto Rs. 3.00 Lakh per annum
PMSSS 2020- Hostel and Maintenance Charges
Note: Hostel fee will be disbursed to the students, initially in two instalments. A scholarship towards tuition academic fee may be disbursed to the Institutions directly. For the release of scholarship towards hostel fee (maintenance allowance) will be disbursed to the bank account (Adhaar card seeded bank account) of students directly.
- Hostel and Maintenance Charges: Hostel fees and incidental expenses up to Rs.1 lakh per annum will be paid to the students in two instalments of Rs 50,000 Each. The actual amount of the expenses will be reimbursed on production of the original receipts.
PMSSS 2020 - Number of Scholarship
There are total 5000 scholarships which are divided among the different category. The details about the distribution are given on this page below:
Number of Scholarships
- Duration of the Scholarship: The scholarship will be offered for the period of the degree course depending upon the good conduct and maintenance of minimum attendance in the institute.
- Renewal of the Scholarship: In case a student fails in any year of his examination, the scholarship will be renewed for the next year and in case the students fail again the scholarship will be forfeited.
AICTE JK Scholarship Renewal
PMSSS 2020 Application form and Process
This Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme is for the students of Jammu & Kashmir. The students of J&K who are willing to study in the colleges outside Jammu and Kashmir can apply through online mode. The candidates are suggested to follow the link given below for registration
PMSSS 2020 Registration Form - Apply Here
- STEP 1 (Registration): Candidates need to register on the website using their presently active email id and mobile number. A confirmation link will be sent to the mentioned email id, candidates need to confirm their registration by clicking the given link.
- STEP 2 (Required Documents): The following documents are to be kept ready before filling up the application form:
- Personal details
- Details of Educational qualification (Mark Sheets of class 10 & 12)
- Caste Certificate (only for SC / ST/ OBC candidate)
- Certificate of Disability
- Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Annual Income Certificate showing the total family income for the financial year 2018-19
- Aadhar Card (if any)
- Scanned Photograph and Signature:
- Format: jpg / jpeg /png. Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 200 KB.
- Scanned image for Signature:
- Format: jpg/ jpeg/ png. Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 50 KB.
- STEP 3 (Filling the Application Form): Candidates need to login to their account and complete the application form, upload the scanned photograph and signatures and complete the submission of the application form.
- STEP 4 (Printing the Application Form): Once the submission of the application form is done candidates can take the print out of the completed application form which has the information related to application number. The Printed application form need to be presented at the time of Document Verification at the facilitation centre.
Submission of the Application Form
The students who have filled the application form are suggested to submit it through online mode. However, before the final submission, it is the prior responsibility of the candidates to check all the information filled by them are correct in the application. The officials have all the right to reject the application if they find fallacious information in the form. Now the candidates need to take the printout of online filled application and visit your nearest facilitation centre along with original documents & one set of self-attested photocopies of all original documents for document verification as or when the centres open.
Document Verification at Facilitation Centres
After submitting the PMSSS application form the students have to get their documents verified by visiting the facilitation centres that have been set up for this purpose.
Click Here to check the list of Facilitation Centres
Once the online application is completed candidates need to report at the nearest Facilitation Centre with original as well as the photocopy of the documents, for documents verification with the originals at the facilitation centres set up by Government of J&K and upload the verification slip, generated online at the time of printing of complete application form.
PMSSS 2020 Selection Process
- Selection of Students for the scholarship will be strictly based on Merit and as per the approved procedure for 2020-21. The Scholarship will be DISBURSED to those students only who have taken admission in the Academic Session 2020-21 ONLY.
- Scholarships will be disbursed through DBT only after joining the institute and uploading the joining report along with other required documents on AICTE Portal.
PMSS Scholarship Data for Previous Years
PMSSS JK Scholarship - Number of Beneficiaries
The AICTE JK Scholarship scheme is to provide 5,000 scholarships every year in which (4,500 is for General, 250 for Engineering and 250 for Medical studies). The year the wise number of beneficiaries to the students is given in the table below. 13,014 students from Jammu & Kashmir have benefitted from this scheme so far.
Number of Beneficiaries
More AICTE Scholarships here
PMSSS 2020 Contact Details
Nelson Mandela Marg,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
Helpline Number: 0120-2446701
A Star India Youth Scholarship is a four-year programme pertaining to Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’... Read More
National ICT Award for school teachers 2020 is awarded to facilitate those teachers who have enhanced student learning by effectively a... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938. Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarshi... Read More
13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition has been launched by the Samsung Engineering in association with the United Nations Environme... Read More