AICTE JK Scholarship - PMSSS for J&K Students 2018
About JK Scholarship
PMSSS (Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme) for Students from J&K is commonly known as AICTE JK Scholarship. Applications have started from 10 April 2018. This scholarship is an endeavour to promote higher education among the students of Jammu and Kashmir. This scholarship for JK Students is provided to cover the tuition fee expenses, hostel fee, the cost of books and other miscellaneous charges. This JK scholarship is applicable to students who are willing to study in colleges outside Jammu and Kashmir. AICTE JK scholarship is offered only to the students enrolled in Undergraduate courses in Medical, Engineering, and General Degree Courses. Get complete details on AICTE JK Scholarship here on this page.
- This scholarship is for 10+ 2 students
- This scholarship is valid for diploma students (For Lateral Entry Admission)
As per the quota prescribed for Jammu & Kashmir, there is internal reservation for the candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories. In addition, to that, there is 3% reservation for Physically Handicapped candidates.
AICTE - ECI Chhatra Vishwakarma Award
AICTE JK Scholarship 2018 Dates - PM Scholarship for J&K students
Application Begins for AICTE
JK Scholarship (for 10+2 students) - Started!
|10 April 2018
Last Date to Apply for
|9 May 2018
|Laat Date to Apply for Scholarship
(Only for Engineering Stream) - Lateral Entry
|16 May 2018
Last Date for Verification
|June 2nd week 2018
AICTE JK PMSSS Merit List
|June 3rd week 2018
Counselling of the students
AICTE JK Scholarship for Diploma Students
- Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for Students from J&K is offered to 5000 fresh undergraduate students every year. Last year Rs 75 crore worth scholarships were available to J&K students under PMSSS.
- Students under PMSSS have secured admission in various reputed colleges like Delhi College of Engineering, Lady Sri Ram College, St Stephens College Delhi, BIT Mesra, NSIT Delhi etc.
Register Here for Free SMS Alert on AICTE JK Scholarship
Quick Links for JK Scholarship
Subscribe for Regular Updates of JK Scholarship
JK Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Jammu & Kashmir
- Domicile: The student must be a domiciled resident of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidates must be willing to study outside J&K.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed Class 10+2 Examination from J&K Board or CBSE located in J&K in 2016-17 or appearing in 2017-18.
- Must have passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K State Polytechnics
eligible for admission in the direct second year in the prescribed list of
colleges on the vacant seats of Engg category for batch 2017-18.
- Annual Family Income: The annual family income of the family from all sources must not be greater than Rs.6 Lakh per annum.
- This scholarship is only for students who want to study in colleges outside Jammu and Kashmir.
Not Eligible for the PMSS JK Scholarship
- Candidates admitted to the college on Management Quota are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Candidates pursuing their Undergraduate courses at Open Universities.
- Candidates enrolled in diploma courses, not leading to the award of Degree.
- Pursuing postgraduate courses.
- Has taken admission to college other than approved for the scholarship.
Courses Eligible for PMSS JK Scholarship
- B.A./ B.Com./ B.Sc./ B.Sc.(Hon.), BBA/ BCA / B.Sc. (Physiotherapy), B.Sc.(Agriculture) etc.
- Professional courses include B.E./ B.Tech./ B. Pharmacy /B. Architecture/Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ B.Sc.(Nursing).
- Medical Streams include MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS and allied medicinal courses.
JK Scholarship Reward
The candidates selected for the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for students from Jammu and Kashmir State will get the following benefits. The rewards are divided among the different categories given below.
- For General Degree Courses: Rs.30,000 per annum.
- For Engineering Courses: Rs.1.25 lakhs per annum.
- For Medical Studies (Including BDS): Rs. 3 lakhs per annum.
AICTE Scholarship 2018 - Hostel and Maintenance Charges
Note: Hostel fee will be disbursed to the students, initially in two instalments. A scholarship towards tuition academic fee may be disbursed to the Institutions directly. For the release of scholarship towards hostel fee (maintenance allowance) will be disbursed to the bank account (Adhaar card seeded bank account) of students directly.
- Hostel and Maintenance Charges: Hostel fees and incidental expenses up to Rs.1 lakh per annum will be paid to the students in two instalments of Rs 50,000 Each. The actual amount of the expenses will be reimbursed on production of the original receipts.
AICTE Scholarship 2018 - Number of Scholarship
There are total 5000 scholarships which are divided among the different category. The details about the distribution are given on this page below:
Number of Scholarships
- Duration of the Scholarship: The scholarship will be offered for the period of the degree course depending upon the good conduct and maintenance of minimum attendance in the institute.
- Renewal of the Scholarship: In case a student fails in any year of his examination, the scholarship will be renewed for the next year and in case the students fails again the scholarship will be forfeited.
AICTE JK Scholarship Renewal
JK Scholarship Application form and Process
This Prime Minister's Special Scholarship Scheme is for the students of Jammu & Kashmir. The students of J&K who are willing to study in the colleges outside Jammu and Kashmir can apply through online mode. The candidates are suggested to follow the link given below for registration
AICTE JK Registration Form - Apply Here
- STEP 1 (Registration): Candidates need to register on the website using their presently active email id and mobile number. A confirmation link will be sent to the mentioned email id, candidates need to confirm their registration by clicking the given link.
- STEP 2 (Required Documents): The following documents are to be kept ready before filling up the application form:
- Personal details
- Details of Educational qualification (Mark Sheets of class 10 & 12)
- Caste Certificate (only for SC / ST/ OBC candidate)
- Certificate of Disability
- Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Annual Income Certificate showing the total family income for the financial year 2017-18
- Aadhar Card (if any)
- Scanned Photograph and Signature:
- Format: jpg / jpeg /png. Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 200 KB.
- Scanned image for Signature:
- Format: jpg/ jpeg/ png. Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 50 KB.
- STEP 3 (Filling the Application Form): Candidates need to login to their account and complete the application form, upload the scanned photograph and signatures and complete the submission of the application form.
- STEP 4 (Printing the Application Form): Once the submission of the application form is done candidates can take the print out of the completed application form which has the information related to application number. The Printed application form need to be presented at the time of Document Verification at facilitation centre.
- STEP 5 (Document Verification): Once the online application is completed candidates need to report at the nearest Facilitation Centre with original as well as the photocopy of the documents, for getting the uploaded documents verified with the originals at the facilitation centers set up by Government of J&K and upload the verification slip, generated online at the time of printing of complete application form.
Submission of the Application Form
The students who have filled the application form are suggested to submit it through online mode. However, before the final submission, it is the prior responsibility of the candidates to check all the information filled by them are correct in the application. The officials have all the right to reject the application if they find fallacious information in the form. Now the candidates need to take the printout of online filled application and visit your nearest facilitation centre along with original documents & one set of self-attested photocopies of all original documents for document verification as or when the centers open.
JK Scholarship Selection Process
- Selection of Students for the scholarship will be strictly based on Merit and as per the approved procedure for 2018-19. The Scholarship will be DISBURSED to those students only who have taken admission in the Academic Session 2018-19 ONLY.
- Scholarships will be disbursed through DBT only after joining the institute and uploading the joining report along with other required documents on AICTE Portal.
AICTE Scholarship Data for Previous Years
AICTE JK Scholarship - Number of Beneficiaries
The AICTE JK Scholarship scheme is to provide 5,000 scholarships every year in which (4,500 is for General, 250 for Engineering and 250 for Medical studies). The year the wise number of beneficiaries to the students is given in the table below. 13,014 students from Jammu & Kashmir have benefitted from this scheme so far.
Number of Beneficiaries
More AICTE Scholarships here
AICTE JK Scholarship - Facilitated Centres
JK Scholarship Contact Details
Nelson Mandela Marg,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
Helpline Number: 0120-2446701
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More