CAT 2017 Result is now declared for the CAT (Common Admission Test) 2017 exam that was conducted on 26 November 2017. The candidates who appeared in the exam can now check the result and download scorecard by providing their user id and password. The link to check the result is given on towards the end of this page. After the declaration of the result, the candidates as per their rank called for the GD and PI. CAT 2017 is a computer-based exam and the candidates who will qualify can get admission in various MBA Colleges.
This page gives the information on how to check the CAT 2017 Result and download scorecard. The result is available in the form of the scorecard. Hence, the candidates are suggested to download and take a printout of the same for future reference.
Register Here to get Free SMS Alerts on CAT 2017 GD/ PI Updates
CAT Exam Date
|26 November 2017|
CAT 2017 Result Date - Declared!
|8 January 2018|
IIMs to publish list of shortlisted candidates
|January last week 2018|
CAT 2017 Result - Download ScoreCard Here!
CAT 2017 Result is now declared by the IIM on 8 January 2018. The candidates who appeared in the exam conducted on 26 November 2017 can check their result and can also download the scorecard. The result is available in the form of the scorecard. Hence, the candidates are suggested to download and take a printout of the same for future reference. Applicants are requested to keep their Application Number and the login ID handy to download their scorecard.
CAT Result consist of three things
- Normalised Score of each section
- Total CAT Score
- CAT 2017 Percentile
CAT 2017 Result - Check Here
How to download CAT 2017 Scorecard?
- STEP 1: Log in via CAT user ID and password
- STEP 2: Click the submit button and the result will appear on the screen.
- STEP 3: After checking the result and CAT Percentile.
- STEP 4: Take the print out of the CAT 2017 Score Card.
|Seats in Various IIMs|
|Admissions in IIM Ahmedabad|
|MBA Admission Open|
Process After CAT Result - IIM Admission Status
Verification of the Eligibility: The candidates need to fulfil the following verification of their eligibility if they have been shortlisted by any of the IIMs.
You don't have to apply separately for IIMs. If you fulfil the admission criteria you will be called for admission.
Degree Certificate and Mark Sheets
- The candidate who has been selected by any IIM and is called for an interview at their respective IIMs must bring all the original mark sheets along with their attested copies and submit them at the time of the interview.
- However, if a candidate gets selected for any of the programme or courses, they must submit their degree certificate and mark sheets of all semesters or years in original and attested form. These documents are submitted for the proof of verification at the time of joining the programme.
Requirements for Reservation Category
- SC, ST, NC-OBC and DA candidates who are shortlisted for interview must show their original caste/class/disability certificate and also submit their photocopy at the time of interview.
- Moreover, if the candidates get selected for any course or programme must bring the original and photocopy of the qualifying examination at the time of joining the programme for verification.
- If a candidate is selected for the PGDM programme, then they have to submit the original certificate of the qualifying degree and attested copy of the same for verification at the time of joining a programme.
Normalisation of CAT 2017 Scores
CAT 2017 was conducted in two sessions as discussed above that is the entrance test and the Interview. In such case, the Normalisation of Scores is very much important to provide fair and equal justice to each of the candidates.
The scores of the students will be normalised in both the sessions, and it will be further normalised into different sections, and the scaled scores that are obtained by the normalisation process will be converted into percentages for the shortlisting purposes.
The scaled scores for all the three sections that are, QA, DI & LR and VRC and the total along with the percentage will be published for the purpose of reporting.
CAT Cut Off Score for IIM Admissions
This is just the minimum cut-off score and the actual cut-off scores are quite higher for admission into IIMs. Typically a student should secure more than 95 percentile to get into IIMs and more than 98 percentile to get into the Top IIMs. IIM Ahmedabad demands a percentile above 99 to be called for further rounds.
IIM Admission through CAT 2017
IIM offers admission to the candidates on the basis of their individual performance in the CAT online examination. Each IIM conducts different and individual selection Admission process to the shortlisted candidates who have clear the first stage of online exam. The process of admission in IIMs may include the following:
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
Apart from the above three process of selection, IIM may also use the candidate’s past educational experience, similar work experience and other relevant efforts in the course of selecting and grading the candidates at various admission stages.
Shortlisting of Candidates for admission in IIM
The candidate who clears the online CAT exam will be shortlisted for the second round. The list of the candidates will be available on the individual IIM websites. Each IIM will send individual Interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The shortlisting criteria differ in all the 20 IIMs of India. The admission processes, educational cut-offs, and the weights distributed to the assessment factors may change across IIMs every year.
Quick Links related to CAT Result and IIM Admissions
- CAT 2017
- IIMs Fee Structure
- IIM Ahmedabad Admission Details
- IIM Bangalore Admission Details
- IIM Lucknow Admission details
- IIM Calcutta Admission Details
In case, of any queries related to CAT Result 2017, you can write us in the comment section below.