Reservation of seats for EFLU Admission 2018 shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act 2006 and Circulars of Government of India issued and amended in this regard from time to time. Besides, the University shall also follow reservation in admission to all programmes of studies in accordance with the Persons With Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
EFLU Reservation of Seats
Children/ Wards of Defence Personnel
One Seat is Reserved
For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates for EFLU Admission
In accordance with UGC guidelines,
- Reservation of Seats: 15% of the seats in every programme is reserved for Scheduled Caste applicants and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe applicants.
- Remedial Classes in English: UGC sponsored, remedial classes in English are organised for SC/ST students admitted to the various programmes.
Documents to be submitted for getting the reservation:
Along with their application form, SC/ST candidates need to submit a copy of the caste/tribe certificate from any one of the following authorities:
- District Magistrate/Additional Magistrate/District Collector/Additional Collector/Deputy
Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/I Class Stipendiary Magistrate/City
Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Magistrate
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his/her family normally
- Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands)
Reservation of seats for OBC applicants for EFLU Admission
Reservation of Seats: On every programme, 27% of the seats will be reserved for OBC
(non-creamy layer) candidates.
Relaxation of the entrance test cut off: In the case of OBC candidates, there is no relaxation of the qualifications required for admission; however, they are granted a 10% relaxation of the entrance test cut-off marks (10% of the total marks for written tests and interviews together, wherever interviews are part of the selection process).
Documents to be submitted
- Along with their application form, OBC candidates have to submit an attested copy of the OBC (non creamy layer) certificate issued by a competent authority.
For Candidates with Disabilities (Person with Disabilities)
Reservation of Seats: On every programme, candidates with a minimum disability of 40%, have supernumerary places reserved for them to the extent of 3% of the intake. Admission is granted to candidates whose disability does not come in the way of their pursuing the programme they are seeking admission to.
Documents to be Submitted
Along with their application form, eligible candidates have to submit an attested copy of a
certificate of disability from a Civil Surgeon of a Government hospital, indicating the extent of the visual/physical disability and also the extent to which the disability may affect the pursuance of the course of study admission is sought to.
For Candidates who are Children/Wards of Defence Personnel
(Army, Air Force, Navy)
Reservation of Seat: On every programme, supernumerary places are reserved for children/ wards of defence personnel to the extent of 1% of the intake.
In accordance with the Government of India guidelines, admission is granted according to the priority list below:
- Widows/children/wards of defence personnel killed in action
- Children/wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action
- Widows/children/wards of defence personnel whose death is attributed to peacetime
- Widows/children/wards of defence personnel whose disability is attributed to peacetime
- Children/wards of ex-servicemen and serving personnel who are recipients of the following gallantry awards: (Param Vir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal, Maha Vir, Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal, Vir chakra, Shaurya Chakra, Yudh Seva,Medal, Sena,/Nau Sena/Vayusena Medal, Mention-in-Despatches)
- Children/wards of ex-servicemen.
- Children/wards of serving personnel.
For candidates who are Kashmiri Migrants
- One supernumerary place is reserved on every programme for Kashmiri migrants.
- For such candidates, however, there is no relaxation of the qualifications required for admission.
Quick Links related to EFLU Admission 2018
- Courses offered at EFLU
- EFLU 2018 Admission- Reservation of seats
- EFLU Results
- EFLU Admission for NRIs and Foreign Nationals 2018
- EFLU Application Form 2018
- EFLU Admit Card 2018
- EFLU Cut off 2018
For any queries related to EFLU Admission 2018, You can write to us in the comments section below.