AICTE JK Scholarship - PMSSS for J&K Students 2017
About AICTE JK Scholarship
PMSSS (Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme) for Students from J&K is commonly known as AICTE JK Scholarship. It is an endeavour to promote higher education among the students of Jammu and Kashmir. This scholarship is provided to cover the tuition fee expenses, hostel fee, the cost of books and other miscellaneous charges.
- AICTE JK scholarship is offered only to the students enrolled in Undergraduate courses in Medical, Engineering, and General Degree Courses.
- As per the quota prescribed for Jammu & Kashmir, there is internal reservation for the candidates belonging to SC, ST and OBC categories. In addition, to that, there is 3% reservation for Physically Handicapped candidates.
AICET JK Scholarship Counselling
- Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for Students from J&K is offered to 5000 fresh undergraduate students every year.
More AICTE Scholarships here
Subscribe for Regular Updates of AICTE JK Scholarship
AICTE JK Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Jammu & Kashmir
- Domicile: The student must be a domiciled resident of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidates must be willing to study outside J&K.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed Class 10+2 Examination from J&K Board or CBSE located in J&K
- Annual Family Income: The annual family income of the family from all sources must not be greater than Rs.6.0 lakh per annum.
Not Eligible for the Scholarship
- Candidates admitted to the college on Management Quota are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Candidates pursuing their Undergraduate courses from Open Universities.
- Candidates enrolled in diploma courses, not leading to the award of Degree.
AICTE JK Scholarship Reward
The candidates selected for the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme for students from Jammu and Kashmir State will get the following benefits. The details of the rewards are as follow:
- Tuition Fee: The tuition fee within the following limits will be given to the candidates:
- For General Degree Courses: Rs.30,000 per annum.
- For Engineering Courses: Rs.1.25 lakhs per annum.
- For Medical Studies (Including BDS): Rs. 3 lakhs per annum.
- Note: Hostel fee will be disbursed to the students, initially in two instalments. A scholarship towards tuition academic fee may be disbursed to the Institutions directly. For the release of scholarship towards hostel fee (maintenance allowance) will be disbursed to the bank account (Adhaar card seeded bank account) of students directly.
- Hostel and Maintenance Charges: Hostel fees and incidental expenses up to Rs.1 lakh per annum will be paid to the students in two instalments of Rs 50,000 Each. The actual amount of the expenses will be reimbursed on production of the original receipts.
- Number of Scholarships: 3430
- 500 for General Degree
- 2830 for Engineering Degree
- 100 for Medical/BDS
- Duration of the Scholarship: The scholarship will be offered for the period of the degree course depending upon the good conduct and maintenance of minimum attendance in the institute.
- In case a student fails in any year of his examination, the scholarship will be renewed for the next year and in case the students fails again the scholarship will be forfeited.
AICTE JK Scholarship Renewal
AICTE JK Scholarship Application form and Process
Candidates interested in making an online application for the scholarship, need to visit the official website and follow the application process as mentioned there. The application process is divided into 5 simple steps. The details of them are as follow:
- Step 1- Registration: Candidates need to register on the website using their presently active email id and mobile number. A confirmation link will be sent to the mentioned email id, candidates need to confirm their registration by clicking the given link.
- Step 2 - Required Documents: The following documents are to be kept ready before filling up the application form:
- Personal details
- Details of Educational qualification (Mark Sheets of class 10 & 12)
- Caste Certificate (only for SC / ST/ OBC candidate)
- Certificate of Disability
- Domicile Certificate issued by competent authority
- Annual Income Certificate showing the total family income for the financial year 2016-17
- Aadhar Card (if any)
- Scanned Photograph and Signature:
- Format: jpg / jpeg /png. Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 200 KB.
- Scanned image of Signature:
- Format: jpg / jpeg /png. Size: Minimum 10 KB and Maximum 50 KB.
- Step 3 - Filling the Application Form: Candidates need to login to their account and complete the application form, upload the scanned photograph and signatures and complete the submission of the application form.
- Step 4 - Printing the Application form: Once the submission of the application form is done candidates can take the print out of the completed application form which has the information related to application number. The Printed application form need to be presented at the time of Document Verification at facilitation centre.
- Step 5- Document Verification: Once the online application is completed candidates need to report at the nearest Facilitation Centre with original as well as the photocopy of the documents, for getting the uploaded documents verified with the originals at the facilitation centers set up by Government of J&K and upload the verification slip, generated online at the time of printing of complete application form. The verification slip should be duly signed and stamped by the nodal officer of the facilitation centre.
- The list of the facilitation centres will be uploaded shortly on this page.
AICTE JK Scholarship Selection Process
- Selection of Students for the scholarship will be strictly based on Merit and as per the approved procedure for 2017-18. The Scholarship will be DISBURSED to those students only who have taken admission in the Academic Session 2017-18 ONLY.
- Scholarships will be disbursed through DBT only after joining the institute and uploading the joining report along with other required documents on AICTE Portal.
AICTE JK Scholarship Notification
AICTE JK Scholarship Contact Details
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
7th Floor, Chanderlok Building Janpath,
New Delhi-110 001
Phone: 011-23724673, 011-23724151 to 011-23724157
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world&rsq... Read More
Lok Sabha Internship Programme is aimed to provide an opportunity to young talent in the country with outstanding academic credentials for i... Read More
The fountainhead essay competition is one of the three competitions conducted by Ayn Rand education.
The student has to write an essay on any of ... Read More