JEE Main 2018 will be conducted multiple times in 1 year. Now the engineering aspirants will get multiple opportunities in a single year to crack the tough JEE exam. In February 2017 while presenting the annual budget, the government announced that National Testing Service (NTS) would be the new agency that will conduct all the entrance exams for admissions in higher education institutions. NTS might replace CBSE from 2018 and hold the JEE Main.
- As per the new format, NTS may conduct the engineering test at least three times a year. This decision will be of advantage to the student as they will not have to wait for the entire year to appear in the test again.
- Educational Experts have welcomed the proposal stating that several global screening tests are conducted multiple times in a year. Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and TOEFL are some of the examples.
- In case the candidate is not able to clear the Joint Entrance Exam at first attempt then they will get the chance to appear in next scheduled exam. Also, they would also have the opportunity to appear in the same for multiple times.
Latest Update on News: AICTE has said that they would not be conducting the single engineering entrance exam for 2018 admission and it will remain as it is. (Read More: Single Engineering Entrance Exam Scheme Cancelled)
Register Here for Alerts on JEE Main 2018
JEE Main 2018 likely to go completely ONLINE
From next year Engineering exam (JEE Main 2018) will be completely online. Till now the student has an option of selecting either online or offline mode for Exam. As per the official from HRD online testing mechanism will be established so that online tests for 1 million students can be conducted at a time. This testing mechanism will be built in the supervision of NTS and will have suitable systems for proctoring, instant display of marks and preparation of the merit list.
Every year almost one million students appear in JEE Main, but only 125,000 students opt to take the test online. These statistics raise concern for the students who are not technology friendly, especially the ones belonging to the rural areas. NTS is planning to help such students with 24X7 help centres.
As per an officer from Human Resource Development (HRD) Ministry, the step will reduce the instances of the paper leak and make the entire process more transparent.
What Senior Officials have to say about this News?
- “NTS will establish an online testing mechanism which will be able to conduct online tests for at least 1 million students at a time with suitable systems for proctoring, instant display of marks and preparation of the merit list,” an official said.
- “According to the senior official, it is stated that the ministry is planning to conduct examinations through NTS on an online mode and to ensure greater transparency and avoid instances of the paper leak.
- Soumitra Roy of Prometric India which is the global agency that had conducted tests such as CAT for premier business schools said that this new idea would ensure that the candidates can deliver their best if there are specific testing windows.
JEE Main 2018 - Highlights of the News
- The students from the year 2018 will get the multiple opportunities to appear in the JEE entrance exam so that the candidates would not have to spend a full year studying for the test again.
- The candidates can opt for one or two to write the exam. The best marks from any of the three tests will account for the all India ranking which decides their eligibility for the admission
- The JEE Main would be fully online from the year 2018 as according to the announcement by the National Testing Service (NTS) as for the upcoming academic session.
- Almost 1 million of the candidates can opt to take the test online.
- Apart from the JEE, the National Testing Service is planning to include the CAT and UG NET online along with the JEE.
- NTS is planning to prepare the round the clock call centre to ensure that the students from the rural areas don't face difficulties in taking the online exam.