CAT 2017 Result will be declared in the first week of January 2018 for the CAT (Common Admission Test) 2017 exam that is scheduled to be conducted in the first week of December 2017. CAT 2017 is a computer based exam and the candidates who will qualify CAT 2017 and also clear other eligibility conditions will get a call for GD/PI for admission to Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) soon after the result. It takes more than one month in the declaration of the CAT Result after the exam is conducted. Last year the CAT Result was sent by SMS to all the candidates in the afternoon, and after that, the link was activated on the website to check Result. This might happen this year as well so candidates should keep their registered mobile number and email handy to check their result.
CAT 2017 Exam Date
|December 1st week 2017|
CAT 2017 Result Date
|January 1st week 2018|
IIMs to publish list of shortlisted candidates
|January last week 2018|
CAT 2017 Result - Check Here
CAT Result will be available on the official website. CAT Result link will be updated on this page as soon as it gets declared, the candidates who will appear in the CAT 2017 Online exam can check their result and download their score card from the link given below. Applicants are requested to keep their Application Number and the login ID handy to download their score card. The candidates are suggested to keep themselves updated on the website of motachashma for all the latest information regarding the CAT Result 2017.
Click Here to Check CAT 2017 Result
(Link will be updated as soon as the result is declared)
The candidates are suggested to keep themselves updated on the website of motachashma for all the latest information regarding the CAT Result 2017.
How to download CAT 2017 Scorecard?
STEP 1: Applicants have to log in via their user ID and password Login user CAT User Id and Password.
STEP 2: Download the scorecard from the download button and print it for the future references.
Shortlisting of Candidates: The candidate who clears the online CAT exam will be shortlisted for the second round. The list of the candidates will be available on the individual IIM websites. Each IIM will send individual Interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The shortlisting criteria differ in all the 20 IIMs of India. The admission processes, educational cut-offs, and the weights distributed to the assessment factors may change across IIMs every year.
CAT Result consist of three things
- Normalised Score of each section
- Total CAT Score
- CAT 2017 Percentile
Process After CAT 2017 Result
Verification of the Eligibility: The candidates need to fulfil the following verification of their eligibility if they have been shortlisted by any of the IIMs:
Degree Certificate and Mark Sheets
- The candidate who has been selected by any IIM and is called for an interview at their respective IIMs must bring all the original mark sheets along with their attested copies and submit them at the time of the interview.
- However, if a candidate gets selected for any of the programme or courses, they must submit their degree certificate and mark sheets of all semesters or years in original and attested form. These documents are submitted for the proof of verification at the time of joining the programme.
Requirements for Reservation Category
- SC, ST, NC-OBC and DA candidates who are shortlisted for interview must show their original caste/class/disability certificate and also submit their photocopy at the time of interview.
- Moreover, if the candidates get selected for any course or programme must bring the original and photocopy of the qualifying examination at the time of joining the programme for verification.
- If a candidate is selected for the PGDM programme, then they have to submit the original certificate of the qualifying degree and attested copy of the same for verification at the time of joining a programme.
Normalisation of CAT 2017 Scores
CAT 2017 was conducted in two sessions as discussed above that is the entrance test and the Interview. In such case, the Normalisation of Scores is very much important to provide fair and equal justice to each of the candidates.
The scores of the students will be normalised in both the sessions, and it will be further normalised into different sections, and the scaled scores that are obtained by the normalisation process will be converted into percentages for the shortlisting purposes.
The scaled scores for all the three sections that are, QA, DI & LR and VRC and the total along with the percentage will be published for the purpose of reporting.
CAT Cut Off Score
This is just the minimum cut-off score and the actual cut-off scores are quite higher for admission into IIMs. Typically a student should secure more than 95 percentile to get into IIMs and more than 98 percentile to get into the Top IIMs. IIM Ahmedabad demands a percentile above 99 to be called for further rounds.
IIM Admission through CAT 2017
IIM offers admission to the candidates on the basis of their individual performance in the CAT online examination. Each IIM conducts different and individual selection Admission process to the shortlisted candidates who have clear the first stage of online exam. The process of admission in IIMs may include the following:
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
Apart from the above three process of selection, IIM may also use the candidate’s past educational experience, similar work experience and other relevant efforts in the course of selecting and grading the candidates at various admission stages.
Quick Links related to CAT Result and IIM Admissions
- CAT 2017
- IIMs Fee Structure
- IIM Ahmedabad Admission Details
- IIM Bangalore Admission Details
- IIM Lucknow Admission details
- IIM Calcutta Admission Details
In case, of any queries related to CAT Result 2017, you can write us in the comment section below.