NEET 15% All India Seats in Medical Colleges to be filled by DGHS: As per the order of the Supreme Court, from now onwards at the All India Quota in deemed universities and government medical colleges will be filled by the Director General of Health Services (DGHS). The quota decided to be filled will be 15% for UG courses and 50% for PG courses. Until the year before last, deemed universities were responsible for conducting the exams and provide admission to the candidates. But now the responsibility of filling the 15% All India Seats is on the shoulders of DGHS. As per the judgment of Supreme Court, it is decided that the common counselling for the state quota seats in government and private medical colleges will be conducted by the state government or the authority designated by the state government.
NEET 15% All India Seats will be filled by DGHS - Highlights of the news
- The decision take by the Supreme Court will include deemed universities run by religious and linguistic minorities too as these institutes have an all India character.
- The supreme court has directed that the cheques for the tuition fees would be collected by the admission conducting body of the state and the candidates who took admission would not be allowed to vacate after the second round of counselling for All India Seats.
- The notification issued by the state notifying the common counselling should also provide the fee structure of deemed universities and private medical colleges, as per the instructions of the Supreme Court.
- The two round centralised counselling will be conducted by the state government or the authority designated by the state government in states.
- The quota decided to be filled will be 15% for UG courses and 50% for PG courses.
|Top Medical Colleges in India 2017|
What did Supreme Court direct in a petition?
The petition was filed by Dar-us-salam Education Trust against the Medical Council of India (MCI). The Supreme Court ordained in a writ petition filed by the Education Trust. The SC stated the following:
"This would ensure that very few seats are reverted to the state quota and also all India quota seats are filled by candidates from the All India merit list only. The candidates who take admission and secure admission in deemed universities compatible to the second round of counselling conducted by the DGHS shall not be eligible to participate in any other counselling,"
NEET Result 2017
- NEET 2017 Answer Key and OMR Sheet
NEET Counselling and Seat Matrix 2017
- Aakash Institute NEET Answer Key
More NEET 2017 Related News