Common State NEET Counselling for Medical: MoHFW as per the latest press release of 11 March 2017 given below this page. The NEET has already become the compulsory and only entrance exam for the admission in MBBS/ BDS courses. So now the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare took one more step towards One India One Exam and made the provision for the common NEET counselling at the state level for the admission to medical courses at the UG and PG levels. As per the revisions made in the guidance of MCI, the assigned authority at the State/ UT level shall conduct common counselling for all the medical institutions in the State whether it is established by the Central Government, State Government, University, Deemed University, Trust, Society, Company, Minority Institutions or Corporation.
NEET Counselling 2017 Notification - Key Highlights
- As per the latest press release by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, It is advised to the States to conduct combined counselling for admission to MBBS courses for session 2016-17.
- At the instance of the Ministry, it is directed that they shall also be part of common counselling for admission in common courses organised either by State Government/ Central Government or through its agencies based on the marks obtained in NEET.
- The advisories were issued since counselling was not covered under any regulations and the entire admission process had evolved as an administrative mechanism.
- Now with the amendment notifications in Graduate Medical Education Regulations and the Post Graduate Medical Education Regulation, the enabling legal provisions have been made for common counselling.
Common State NEET Counselling Advantages
- The step of conducting the common state counselling would bring in transparency in the admission process and control the practice of capitation fee charged by private colleges.
- Further, the students would not have to apply to multiple organisations for admission in the same State as there is common counselling which would be conducted by the State on their own.
- The notification also states that the idea of having a common entrance exam will be defeated without the common counselling procedure, therefore, making it mandatory at state levels to maintain transparency.
- All the Institutions whether Private, Deemed to be Universities or Unaided, All the Medical Institutes will have to participate in the common Counselling Process at state level.
- It will give a judgment of security to the medical candidates and cut down on unnecessary inconvenience and cost acquired in attending multiple counselling sessions.
NEET Counselling Official Press Release 2017
Also Read About - NEET Counselling conducted by DMER in Maharashtra
For any queries related to NEET Counselling Latest Updates, you can write to us in the comments section below.