NTA (National Testing Agency) is soon going to be the conducting body of most of the exams conducted by CBSE, AICTE and other agencies. Presently, it is decided that NTA will conduct only those entrance examinations which are currently conducted by CBSE. Later on, it will cover other exams also. The proposal of forming NTA was announced by the Finance Minister in the Budget speech of 2017-18 which has now been approved. It will be designed as an autonomous and self-sustained body to conduct entrance examinations for higher secondary education.
The exam centres of the candidates living in rural areas would be located at sub-district/ district level and it would also be assayed to provide them hands-on training. The head of the NTA will be appointed by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) and the CEO will be appointed by the government is the Director General of this body.
List of Exams to be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Joint Engineering Entrance (JEE Main)
- NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)
- National Eligibility Test (NET)
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas Entrance Test
More About National Testing Agency (NTA)
The government will give a grant of Rs. 25 crores to NTA at the start of operation for the first year only. After that, it will be a self- sufficient body and would not need any financial support. This step has been taken to design a body which would be specialised in such entrance examinations conduction, just like most of the advanced countries have. The finance minister has announced this project in the Budget speech of 2017-18.
Benefits of introducing National Testing Agency (NTA)
The initiation of this venture will benefit around 40 Lakh students who appear in such entrance exams per year. This step will reduce the burden of CBSE, AICTE and other such bodies also from conduction of the entrance examinations mentioned on this page above. Now, these entrance tests will be conducted online and twice in a year by NTA to lessen the headache of the students and help them to score better.
Key points on National Testing Agency conducting JEE Main, NEET, NET etc.
- The conduction of this NTA organisation has been approved by Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, as a society registered under Indian Societies Registration act 1860.
- This step has been taken to provide the candidates more chances by conducting such entrance exams twice in a year.
- This step will reduce the burden of CBSE, AICTE and other such bodies also from conduction of the entrance examinations mentioned on this page above
- These entrance tests will be conducted online and twice in a year by NTA to provide adequate opportunity to the students to help them score better.
Read More Education News Here -
CBSE Scholarship 2017 and Competitions
Centor Sector Scholarship Scheme
- AICTE Scholarship
- AICTE JK Scholarship
- AICTE Pragati Scholarship
- AICTE Saksham Scholarship
In case of any query related to the news, you can write to us in the comment section below