AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls 2017-18 - Last date Extended!
Last date to apply
30 November 2017 15 December 2017
About AICTE Pragati Scholarship
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship will be given to any single girl of a family for pursuing her undergraduate professional/diploma courses. In a year, total 4000 scholarships will be offered to the selected girl students. Similar to this CBSE has launched UDAAN program for girls to provide them free coaching for engineering entrance exams. This page gives the complete information about the AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls.
- The candidates who are admitted in the 1st year during the academic year 2017-18 in AICTE approved Technical Institution are eligible to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship from 17 October 2017.
- The candidates have to apply online on the link given on this page. The last date for submission of the application for the 2017-18 Batch of AICTE Pragati Scholarship is 15 December 2017.
Pragati Scholarship Renewal
Scholarship for Girls
AICTE - ECI Chhatra Vishwakarma Award 2017
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Dates
Pragati Scholarship Application Starts
|17 October 2017
Pragati Scholarship the Last Date to apply
|30 November 2017 Extended to15 December 2017
AICTE was found in 1945 and is a legal body and a national-level council for technical education which is established under Ministry of Human Resource Development. AICTE gives approval for various technical and management programmes in India.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of AICTE Pragati Scholarship
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||First year undergraduate students
Educational Qualification: The Pragati Scholarship is for
- Girls Studying in AICTE approved institutions programs/ courses of Diploma and Undergraduate Degree level and have taken admission through centralised admission process of State or Central Government.
- Girl students admitted in the first year of the academic year 2017-18.
- Girls pursuing education from private institutions will not be eligible for Pragati Scholarship.
- Only Two girls per family will be offered the scholarship.
- Family Income: It should be less than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum. Earlier it was six lakhs per annum.
- Married Girls- In this case income of parents/ in-laws whichever is higher
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Reward
The number of scholarship provided to each student and the amount gets distributed to the scholarship holders are given below:
Number of Scholarships: Total 4000 awards will be given to the selected girl students per annum. Where 2000 Scholarships are awarded to Degree candidates and 2000 will be awarded to Diploma candidate.
Amount of Scholarships: Under the scheme, the student will get the tuition fees of the college and contingency allowance from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Tuition Fees: Rs. 30,000 or at actual whichever is less
- Contingency allowance: Rs. 2,000 per month for ten months in a year
Rs.30,000 will be reimbursed for the following things
- Purchasing books for the academic studies
- Purchasing laptop/ desktop/ software/equipment
- Purchase of Vehicle
- Application Fee paid for competitive examination/fee paid for all exams for higher education or employment.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Application form and Process
The candidates willing to make application for the scholarship are required to make an online application for the scholarship. There is no offline process to apply for the scholarship.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2017-18: Apply Here
The instructions to fill the AICTE Pragati Scholarship is given below. Candidates are advised to follow the instructions to fill the application form.Candidates need to register themselves on the official website of AICTE to apply for AICTE Pragati Scheme. The candidates can follow the link below to register.
Click here to Apply
- After registration, the candidates will receive the login credentials on their registered email id. Using the login credentials, the candidates need to fill the application form.
- The application form is divided into 6 sections comprising the details given below. Candidates should update required information in all the sections to complete the application process.
- Personal Details
- Family & Income Details
- Institute Details
- Education Details
- Bank Details and Attachments
- After filling up the form, candidates need to click on "submit application"
Documents to be enclosed
Candidates need to submit the scanned copies of the following documents in JPG/PDF/PNG format.
- Candidate Photograph in JPG/JPEG format with file size of < 200KB
- Candidate Signature in JPG/JPEG format with file size of < 50KB
- SSC/Class 10 Standard Mark sheet
- HSC/Class 12 Standard Mark sheet
- AADHAR Card
- Admission letter issued by the Centralized Admission Authority to first year Degree/Diploma courses for the academic year 2017-18. (Compulsory)
- Scanned copy of Annual Family Income Certificate
- Tuition fee paid receipt for the academic year 2017-18.
- AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating Account number, IFSC code and Photograph
- Scanned Copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book(Only Saving Bank Account in Candidate name) clearly indicating the following:
- Name of Account holder (candidate) with Photograph
- Name and Address of the Bank
- IFSC Code of the Bank
- Saving Bank Account Number of the account holder (candidate)
- Photograph of the candidate at the appropriate place and signed by Bank Manager
- Certificate Issued by the Director/Principal/HOD
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount, if found false at any stage.
- Attested Scanned copy of Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
Candidates need not upload any documents, In case if the remark in Remarks column says "All documents are OK"
Candidates are advised to fill the application correctly and check it before the final submission because once your application has been processed, you will not be able to do any changes. Candidates should need to keep at least two printouts of the application form with them for future reference.
Candidates should need to keep at least two printouts of the application form with them for future reference. No hard copies will be submitted to the AICTE Head office.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) on the basis of the following criteria.The candidates will be selected on the basis of the merit at the qualifying examination.The decision of selecting candidates will be final and request for re-examination will not be acknowledged in any circumstances.
Other AICTE Scholarships
More AICTE Scholarships here
Pragati Scholarship 2017-18 Reservation
The AICTE has reserved the seats for each category for the girl students applying for AICTE Pragati Scholarship Scheme. The reservation provided for each category is given in the table below:
||Seats (in percentage)
It is the statutory body established 1945 and is also a national-level council for technical education, under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Contact Details
All India Council for Technical Education-AICTE
Nelson Mandela Marg Vasant Kunj,
Dean's Excellence Award for India is being offered by the University of Strathclyde, Scotland to Indian students who are willing to pursue postgr... Read More
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a scholarship offered as a funding tie-up between Scottish Higher Education Institutions and the Govern... Read More
59th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the world championship of mathematics for high school students organised annually in different count... Read More