CBSE Class 10th Maths retest will not be conducted, the HRD ministry’s secretary Anil Swarup announced this news in a tweet on 2 April 2018. After all the hearings and confusion, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has finally decided not to conduct the retest of Class 10th Maths Paper even in the states of Delhi NCR and Haryana. This decision has been taken after the evaluation of the impact of leaked CBSE Class 10 Maths paper and Keeping in mind the interest of students, Swarup tweeted.
Register Here for CBSE 10th Result Updates
Around 1.7 million students who appeared in the exam on 28 March 2018 will be relieved by this decision.
CBSE Class 10th Maths retest Cancelled,12th Economics Retest on 25 April
In light of the exam paper being leaked, earlier CBSE announced the retest for Class 10 Maths and Class 12 Economics exam. For this, they have been facing the anger of the students. The image of handwritten maths question paper was circulated on social media on 26 March 2018.
CBSE has officially announced retest date for Class 12 Economics, the re-exam will be conducted on 25 April. Earlier, Class 10 re-examination was expected to be conducted in the month of July. But this tweet by HRD ministry’s secretary Anil Swarup cleared all the confusion.
CBSE Class 10th Maths Retest Cancellation- Highlights of the News
- During the hearing on 2 April, Delhi High Court said that conducting retest in July will result in wasting the academic year of students. Since academic session for class 11 will start by then. In addition to this, the court observed that it would not only waste an academic year of the students but would also be keeping a sword hanging over their heads.
- Earlier the CBSE said that the decision for retest had been delayed since the board was ascertaining whether if the leak was pan-India or whether they were leaked in Delhi and Haryana test centres only.
- As mentioned before, retest for Class 12 economics will be conducted on 25 April 2018. However, a petition is been filed against this retest as well and Supreme Court has agreed to hear the plea on 4 April 2018.
- CBSE 10th Result
- CBSE Class 10 Board Assessment Guidelines for Students
- CBSE 12th Result - Statistics and Revaluation Details
- ALLEN Scholarship cum Admission Test
- SC Post Matric Scholarship for Delhi
- NEST Scholarship (Junior)
Click Here for More Educational News
In case of any query related to this News, you can write to us in the comment section below.