AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2016 - Last date extended to 30 Jan 2017
Last date to apply
10 January 2017 Extended to 30 January 2017
About AICTE Saksham Scholarship
AICTE Saksham Scholarship for Differently Abled Persons under Saksham Scholarship Scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development through All India Institute of Technical Education (AICTE). Last date for submission of the application for the 2016-17 Batch of AICTE Saksham Scholarship is 10 January 2017 Extended to 30 January 2017.
- Eligibility: The scholarship will be awarded to differently abled students for pursuing technical education in AICTE approved Institutions in India at Diploma and Degree level.
- Only candidates having disability greater than 40% will be considered for the Saksham Scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: The Saksham Scholarship Scheme was launched on November 11, 2014, and about 1000 scholarships will be distributed under the scheme.
- 50% scholarships will be offered to students at Degree Level and the remaining to students at Diploma Level.
- Reservation: Candidates applying for the Saksham scholarship will get the benefit of reservation as per the following criteria:
- 7.5% Scheduled Tribe
- 15% for Scheduled Caste
- 27% for candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes.
More AICTE Scholarships
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Renewal
Subscribe for Regular Updates of AICTE Saksham Scholarship
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| Disabled Students
Disability Status: Candidates having more than 40% disability are eligible for Saksham Scholarship.
Educational Qualification: Students admitted to first year in Diploma or Degree Course under any of the AICTE approved institutions for the sessions 2016-17 are eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship will not be offered to candidates admitted under management quota.
Annual Family Income: Their annual family income should be less than Rs 6 lakhs.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Reward
No. of Scholarships to be given: Around 1000 students will be selected under Saksham Scholarship Scheme.
- The scholarships will be divided equally among Diploma & Degree level students i.e. 50% for each.
Tuition Fees: Saksham Scholarship awardees will be given Rs 30,000 per person or the actual tuition fee, whichever is less.
Incidental Allowance: They will also be awarded Rs 2000 per month for a period of 10 months as incidentals/contingency allowance.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Application form and Process
The candidates willing to make application for the scholarship are required to make an online application for the scholarship. The details of the application process are as follow:
Application form: Online applications will be accepted for the Saksham Scholarship scheme. Candidates are required to use their email id to register for the scheme.
Filling the required details: There are 6 sections in the application form named as Personal Details, Family & Income Details, Institute Details, Education Details, Bank Details and Attachments. Candidate should fill in all the relevant details to complete the application form.
Required Documents: Scanned copies of the following documents in JPG/PDF/PNG format are required to complete the online application process:
- Candidate Photograph.
- Candidate Signature.
- SSC/10th Standard Mark sheet.
- HSC/12th Standard Mark sheet.
- Admission letter issued by the Centralized Admission Authority to first year Degree/Diploma courses for the academic year 2016-17.
- Annual Family Income Certificate as per Annexure-I (or) as per the State Government format issued by the Competent Authority of the State Government.
- Tuition fee paid receipt for the academic year 2016-17.
- Scanned Copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book(Only Saving Bank Account in Candidate name) clearly indicating the following:
- Name of Account holder (candidate) with Photograph
- Name and Address of the Bank
- IFSC Code of the Bank
- Saving Bank Account Number of the account holder (candidate)
- Disability Certificate Issued by Competent Authority(Only for Physically Disabled Candidates having more than 40% disability)
- Certificate Issued by the Director/Principal/HOD as per Annexure-II
- Declaration by Parents as per Annexure - IV for Saksham Scholarship.
- Aadhaar Card (If Available).
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Selection Process
The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in the Qualfying examination.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Address
All India Council for Technical Education-AICTE
7th Floor, Chanderlok Building
Janpath, New Delhi-110 001
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Contact Details
Email Id: email@example.com
ONGC Scholarship 2017 for SC and ST students - ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) an Indian multinational oil & gas company has come u... Read More
Japanese Government Scholarship - For Education Teachers is offered by the Government of Japan through the Embassy of Japan in India. The scholar... Read More
National Level Scientific Writing Contest on "Technology in Digital Communication" 2017 is being organised by the national academy of science, India. ... Read More
Medhabruti Scholarship 2017 also known as e-Medhabruti is created by the Government of Odisha for providing support and motivation to outstanding stud... Read More