Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition 2021by Ayn Rand
100% Scholarship for Class 7 to 12 & Passed by AAKASH Apply Now
About Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand
The Atlas Shrugged Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education. The student has to write an essay on any of the three topics that are given below in the Application Process. Worldwide essay contests for students is being conducted by Ayn Rand’s fiction for the last thirty years.
- Ayn Rand was Russian-American Novelist, Philosopher and was born in St. Petersburg, Russia, on February 2, 1905
Other two essay contests are:
Buy Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Eligibility Criteria
|| Class 12, Undergraduate or Graduate Student.
- Contest is open to students worldwide, except where void or prohibited by law.
- The work should be original and there should be no plagiarism.
Employees of the Ayn Rand Institute, its board of directors and their immediate family members are not eligible The fountainhead essay competition
Past first-place winners are not eligible for this contest.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Reward
||No. of Students Selected
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Application form and Process
- No application is required.
- Students can participate in this competition by sending in their entries.
- One entry per student.
Submission of Essay
Candidates can submit their duly written essay online by 27 September 2021 no later than 11:59 PM, Pacific standard time. All participants who submit the essay will get a confirmation mail on the email. In case
Candidates can submit their essay online.
Click here to Submit the essay for Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition
It is to be noted that Applicants must not submit duplicate essays.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Topics
Applicants must select any one of the three topics:
- In Atlas Shrugged, the society’s leaders enact a series of laws and directives (the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, Mouch’s directives about the railroads of Colorado, Directive 10-289, etc.) that exercise increasingly arbitrary power. Describe one example of a major recent government policy decision in your country that resembles one of the edicts in Atlas Shrugged. How has this decision been justified by today’s leaders, and how do their claims resemble those given in Atlas Shrugged? In light of the story, what do you think Ayn Rand would expect to be the consequences of the policy you’ve described? Do you agree with her? Explain your answers.
- Francisco d’Anconia presents himself as a playboy who has abandoned serious concern for his family’s business. But early in the story Dagny realizes that Francisco’s public persona does not fit with the man she knows. Compare Francisco to another major figure in film, TV, or literature who adopts a similar double life to accomplish his purposes. How is he similar? How, in terms of his motives and methods, is he different? What kind of purpose could make the price of leading a double life like this worth paying? Explain your answers.
- After quitting her job, Dagny thinks this to herself: “It is not proper for man’s life to be a circle . . . or a string of circles dropping off like zeros behind him—man’s life must be a straight line of motion from goal to farther goal, each leading to the next and to a single growing sum, like a journey down the track of a railroad, from station to station to—oh, stop it!” How do Dagny’s thoughts here relate to the wider dilemma she faces at this point in the story? How does her dilemma relate to the wider themes of the novel? Explain your answers.
How to save your Entry from getting Disqualified?
In order to avoid disqualification, mail in the essays along with the following information is written on a stapled cover sheet with the following details:
- Applicants name and address;
- Applicants e-mail address (if available);
- The name and address of the applicant's school;
- The topic selected (#1, 2 or 3 from the list above);
- Applicants current grade level; and
- (optional) the name of the teacher who assigned the essay, if the applicants are completing it for classroom credit.
Specifications for Fountainhead Essay
- Students are supposed to pick one of these three topics and write an 800-1600 words essay on it.
- The duly written Essay should be Double Spaced.
- Spelling errors or written corrections found in the essay will count against the final grade and should be omitted before submission.
- All entries become the property of the Ayn Rand Institute and will not be returned.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Selection Process
- Winners, finalists, semifinalists and all other participants will be notified via email
- Essays will be judged on both style and content. Judges will look for writing that is clear, articulate and logically organized.
- The Winning essays must demonstrate an outstanding grasp of the philosophic meaning of Atlas Shrugged.
- There is a four-round judging process. Judges are individually selected by the Ayn Rand Institute based on a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Ayn Rand’s works.
- To ensure the anonymity of our participants, essay cover sheets are removed after the first round. Winners’ names are unknown to judges until after essays have been ranked and the contest results finalized.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Contact Details
Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest,
The Ayn Rand Institute
P.O. Box 57044 Irvine,
Aug 31, 2022
SOF IMO Level 2 Result has been announced by SOF for the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO). The last date to apply for the same is 30... Read More
Aug 31, 2022
Green Olympiad 2022 is an online examination on the environment for school students organized by TERI. Green Olympiad was initiated by TERI ... Read More
Sep 08, 2022
IOQM 2022 (The Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted in 26 regions in India and the shortlisted candidat... Read More
Oct 05, 2022
NSTSE 2022 is a talent search exam that is conducted by Unified Council. National Level Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE) will be co... Read More