Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition 2018 by Ayn Rand
About Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand
- The Atlas Shrugged Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.
- The student has to write an essay on any of the three topics that are given below in the Application Process.
- Ayn Rand was Russian-American Novelist, Philosopher and was born in St. Petersburg, Russia, February 2, 1905.
- Worldwide essay contests for students is being conducted by on Ayn Rand’s fiction since last thirty years. This year 750 prizes totaling more than $1,30,000 will be awarded.
- Winner of Atlas Shrugged Essay competition for the year 2017 was CHRISTINA JEONG, University of Notre Dame.
Click Here to read his Essay
Other two essay contests are:
Buy Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Eligibility Criteria
|| Class 12, Undergraduate or Graduate Student.
- Contest is open to students worldwide, except where void or prohibited by law.
- The work should be original and there should be no plagiarism.
Employees of the Ayn Rand Institute, its board of directors and their immediate family members are not eligible The fountainhead essay competition
Past first-place winners are not eligible for this contest.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Reward
||No. of Students Selected
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Application form and Process
- No application is required.
- Students can participate in this competition by sending in their entries.
- One entry per student.
Submission of Essay
Candidates can submit their duly written essay by either of the two modes discussed below by 15 May 2018, no later than 11:59 PM, Pacific standard time.:
Mode 1: (Online) Candidates can submit their essay online.
Click here to Submit the essay for Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition
Mode 2: (Offline) Candidates can mail their duly written essay with the stapled cover sheet to:
Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest
The Ayn Rand Institute
P.O Box 57044
Irvine, CA 92619-7044
It is to be noted that Applicants must not submit duplicate essays.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Topics
Applicants must select any one of the three topics:
- An important early event in the novel is the destruction of the Phoenix-Durango. What factors make its destruction possible? How does this issue relate to the meaning and theme of Atlas Shrugged? In your answer, consider what Rand has to say in her 1962 essay “The Pull Peddlers.”
- Capitalism’s defenders usually appeal to the “public good” as the moral justification of capitalism. Contrast this approach to defending capitalism with Ayn Rand’s approach in Atlas Shrugged. In your answer, consider what Rand has to say in her 1965 essay “What Is Capitalism?”
- Francisco d’Anconia and his teacher, Hugh Akston, advise more than once: “Check your premises,” because contradictions do not exist. Identify at least two major apparent contradictions that the heroes of Atlas Shrugged encounter, and explain, with reference to the novel, what premises they need to check and correct in order for them to understand that these “contradictions” do not exist.
How to save your Entry from getting Disqualified?
In order to avoid disqualification, mail in the essays along with the following information is written on a stapled cover sheet with following details:
- Applicants name and address;
- Applicants e-mail address (if available);
- The name and address of applicant's school;
- topic selected (#1, 2 or 3 from the list above);
- Applicants current grade level; and
- (optional) the name of the teacher who assigned the essay, if the applicants are completing it for classroom credit.
Specifications for Fountainhead Essay
- Students are supposed to pick one of these three topics and write an 800-1600 words essay on it.
- The duly written Essay should be Double Spaced.
- Spelling errors or written corrections found in the essay will count against the final grade and should be omitted before submission.
- All entries become the property of the Ayn Rand Institute and will not be returned.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Selection Process
- Winners, finalists, semifinalists and all other participants will be notified via email or by mail by 29 August 2018.
- Essays will be judged on both style and content. Judges will look for writing that is clear, articulate and logically organized.
- The Winning essays must demonstrate an outstanding grasp of the philosophic meaning of Atlas Shrugged.
- There is a four-round judging process. Judges are individually selected by the Ayn Rand Institute based on a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Ayn Rand’s works.
- To ensure the anonymity of our participants, essay cover sheets are removed after the first round. Winners’ names are unknown to judges until after essays have been ranked and the contest results finalized.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition Ayn Rand Contact Details
Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest,
The Ayn Rand Institute
P.O. Box 57044 Irvine,
GP Birla scholarship 2019 is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies ... Read More
PRMO 2019 (Pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted in 26 regions in India and the shortlisted candidates are giv... Read More
ACST 2019 Scholarship is offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical entran... Read More
SHDF Scholarship 2019 is given by Sikh Human Development Foundation, USA (SHDF) and Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi. Also known as S... Read More