Fountainhead Essay Contest 2021 by Ayn Rand
Scholarships for Class 8 to 12 by AAKASH Apply Now
About Fountainhead Essay Contest Ayn Rand
The Fountainhead essay competition is one of the three competitions conducted by Ayn Rand education. The student has to write an essay on any of the three topics that are given below in the Application Process.
Ayn Rand was Russian-American Novelist, Philosopher and was born in St. Petersburg, Russia, on February 2, 1905.
Buy The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Other Essay Competitions by Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged Essay Competition by Ayn Rand
Anthem Essay Competition Ayn Rand
Fountainhead Essay Writing Contest Prizes
||No. of Students Selected
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Fountainhead Essay Contest Ayn Rand
Fountainhead Essay Contest Ayn Rand Eligibility Criteria
|| Class 11 and 12
- Contest is open to students worldwide, except where void or prohibited by law.
- The work should be original and there should be no plagiarism.
Employees of the Ayn Rand Institute, its board of directors and their immediate family members are not eligible The fountainhead essay competition
Past first-place winners are not eligible for this contest.
Fountainhead Essay Contest Ayn Rand Application form and Process
- No application is required.
- Students can participate in this competition by sending in their entries.
- One entry per student.
Submission of Essay
The candidates can submit their duly written essay online by 29 April 2021 no later than 11:59 PM, Pacific standard time.
Mode 1: (Online) Candidates can submit their essay online. In the case of online submission, the candidate will be sent an email confirming the receipt. In case, the candidate doesn't get the confirmation email within 24 hours he/she must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to Submit your essay for The Fountainhead Essay Contest
Ayn Rand's Fountainhead Essay Competition Topics
- Describe a situation in your own life when you faced a conflict between doing what you truly thought would advance your own goals in life, and doing what was approved of by society. What do you think Roark would decide to do in such a situation? What would Keating decide? Explain your answers by citing scenes from The Fountainhead. What decision did you make, and how would you compare it to Roark’s and Keating’s likely decisions?
- In an editorial defending Roark, Wynand writes: “It is precisely the self that cannot and must not be sacrificed. It is the unsacrificed self that we must respect in man above all.” What does The Fountainhead have to say about what it means to actually have a “self”? Illustrate by giving examples of major and minor characters who are described in ways that suggest that they either have or lack a self.
- The novel opens with the line “Howard Roark laughed.” What things does Roark laugh at in this scene, and in other scenes? Give a few examples from the book. Later in a scene with Keating, Toohey reveals that part of his method is to “kill by laughter.” What things does Toohey laugh at? Give a few examples. What is different about the things Roark and Toohey laugh at? Explain how the contrast reflects wider themes in the novel.
Specifications for Fountainhead Essay
- Students are supposed to pick one of these three topics and write an 800-1600 words essay on it.
- The duly written Essay should be Double Spaced.
- Spelling errors or written corrections found in the essay will count against the final grade and should be omitted before submission.
- All entries become the property of the Ayn Rand Institute and will not be returned.
Fountainhead Essay Writing Contest Result
- Winners, finalists, semifinalists and all other participants will be notified via email
- Essays will be judged on both style and content. Judges will look for writing that is clear, articulate and logically organised.
- The Winning essays must demonstrate an outstanding grasp of the philosophic meaning of The Fountainhead.
- Essay submissions are evaluated in a fair and unbiased four-round judging process.
- The first-place essay can be posted in its entirety on any of the websites with full credit given to the author.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
The winner of the fountainhead essay competition for the year 2017 was ADELINA FENDRINA, High School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Dobri Chintulov.
Click Here to read her Essay
Fountainhead Essay Contest Ayn Rand Contact Details
The Fountainhead Essay Contest
The Ayn Rand Institute
6 Hutton Centre Drive, Suite 600
Santa Ana, CA 92707
OASIS Scholarship 2021 registration process has started. The candidates can apply online through this page. OASIS Scholarship is the scholar... Read More
Scholarship for Excellence (SEE) is a scholarship given to students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language. The scholarsh... Read More
Aakash Coaching Institute has come up with Aakash iACST which offers instant scholarship to the students who appear in the online test and also clear ... Read More
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The trust offers scholarships in the form of loans for higher studies abroad. ... Read More