Sports Scholarship to be launched for School Kids by Delhi Govt. and to provide Rs 2-3 Lakhs financial help with specialized training for selected students. The step is taken for the deserving candidates by exploring Sports talent at the school level and provide those talented students with financial help and proper training. This policy is prepared by the Education Department for the school kids and presented to Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and Deputy CM Manish Sisodia at an event. The event was having sportspersons, coaches, students, and officials at the Delhi secretariat.
- An expert committee of proficient sportspersons will be formed to choose talents at the school level. The students below the age of 14 will get Rs. 2 Lakh each per annum, and those above 14 will get Rs 3 Lakh per annum.
- Firstly, the candidates will get the scholarship for two years. After that, the candidates would have to give a performance review for continuation of the assistance.
More About the Sports Scholarship Scheme
According to the policy, the expert's committee will be formed comprising of such members who can also provide financial help to the students by themselves. It will depend on those committee members that for which candidates they want to raise the money. The selected candidates will not only get financial help, but they will also be provided proper training in the sports field.
Help in medical and insurance matters will also be provided to them under this program. The policy also contemplates creating a centre of excellence in Delhi. These centres will have facilities for these selected candidates such as coaches, physiotherapists, and nutritionists.
Sports Scholarship to be launched for School Kids by Delhi Govt. - Key Highlights!
- The sports scholarships will be launched by Delhi Government for kids to provide financial help with specialised training.
- The students below the age of 14 will get Rs.2 Lakh each per annum. Those who are above 14 will get Rs. 3 Lakh per annum.
- The main objective of this scholarship would be to search the hidden talents in the field of sports at the school level and provide them with financial help, medical assistance and proper training.
- The government has made a proper framework for this program such that these students will be able to do better in this field for future at National and international levels.
- This policy will only cover bona fide school students of Delhi from last three years initially for two years and the candidates would have to undergo for performance test for continuation.
Also Check Other Sports Scholarships
For any queries regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below.