NEET UG 2018: Delhi High Court unbarred upper age restriction from NEET 2018 Exam which brought relief to thousands of medical aspirants. Earlier Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) put the upper age limit of 25 years and 30 years to General and reserved category respectively to apply in NEET 2018 (Undergraduate program). However, on Wednesday Delhi High Court opened door to thousands of students who were barred to apply for NEET examination this year because of upper age restriction. It is advised to fill the NEET Application Form before the due date i.e.9 March 2018.
Final Decision pending against the NEET Upper Age Restriction
The decision made by Delhi Court brought hope to thousands of Medical Aspirants who are preparing with all their hard work, however, the decision only allow the candidate to submit the application form by 9 March 2018. NEET age restriction criteria is still a pending decision to be made on 6 April by the Delhi High Court.
The discussion started with the AIIMS eligibility criteria which have no bar on upper age, apart from this there are no bars on Engineering and Law examination as well. Then it is completely against the students who are dreaming to be part of one of the medical colleges in India, working hard for the entrance examination, however unable to perform because of age restriction.
Key Highlights regarding the NEET UG 2018
- The upper age bar of 25 years and 30 years for General and reserved category has been removed by the Delhi High Court.
- The final decision will be made in next hearing on 6 April.
- Candidate restricted due to age limit can apply now, however, to appear in the examination will be decided on 6 April 2018 after the hearing the final decision by Delhi High Court.
Quick Link to NEET UG 2018
- NEET 2018 Changes - New!
- NEET Preparation Tips and Guidelines
- Coaching for NEET Preparation
- Open School Students are Eligible for NEET 2018 (5 Mar 2018)
- NEET 2018 will be mandatory to Study Abroad
About NEET 2018
National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is a compulsory and common examination to seek admission into one of Government and Private Medical colleges in India except for AIIMS colleges. NEET is also mandatory to study MBBS abroad. CBSE is the conducting body of the NEET.
In case of any query regarding this news, you can write to us in the comment section below.