IIT Delhi is finally approved for setting up the Design department to start new and full-time courses in Design from the next session i.e. 2019-20. The new department of design will offer minor programs this year for IIT-D Students, anyone can opt for this course as the design is important in all fields of engineering. Next year candidate will be able to apply for various full-time degree courses in design in Indian Institute of Delhi.
IIT Delhi is already offering Industrial design course which had full placement in the previous sessions and a review audit by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD) had praised that. V Ramgopal Rao (Director IIT D) stated, “It is a very old centre and a lot of changes have happened since then. A national-level advisory committee has been set up to look into what is needed to align it with the present times”.
IIT Delhi to Launch Design Degree Courses - Key Highlights
- IIT-D is the new name in the field of design as starting various courses from next session.
- Few minor programs in design will be offered for all Delhi IIT students from this year.
- Aspiring candidates have to go through a separate entrance test for the admission into Design courses.
- A committee is set up to decide the future of Industrial design in IITD.
- “Design is one of the fastest growing fields and it is important in every aspect of technology. The look and feel is as important as the technology used in a product,” said V Ramgopal Rao
Top Colleges for Design in India
NIFT, IIT Bombay, NID Ahmedabad and MIT are amongst the best institute in the field of Design offering various courses in India. There are also lots of job opportunities after bachelor and masters in design as product design is what matters after the technology and features.
IIT Delhi is widely known for his engineering course and since it is opening doors in the field of design which is fastest growing industry, a lot of applicants can be expected in its maiden session. There will be a separate test for admission into Bachelor of Design courses.
In case of any query reading this news, you can write to us in the comment section below.