NIFT Syllabus for Creative Ability Test / General Ability Test Entrance Examinations is available on this page below. Those candidates who are going to appear in the NIFT Exam scheduled on 21 January 2018 can check the syllabus and exam pattern for CAT/GAT/ST. The selection of candidates in various undergraduate & postgraduate courses of NIFT is based on the entrance examination. NIFT syllabus will help candidates to get clear the CAT/ GAT exams with required percentage/ marks. Candidates can scroll the page to view the NIFT Syllabus 2018.
NIFT 2018 Admission is based on the scores obtained by the candidates in NIFT Entrance Exam comprising of the 3 individual tests scheduled on 21 January 2018. The syllabus and exam pattern for the given below three tests are available.
- STAGE 1
- Creative Ability Test - 21 January 2018 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
- General Creativity Test - 21 January 2018 (02.00 PM to 04.00 PM)
- STAGE 2
- Situation Test - Conducted in April-May 2018
NIFT Syllabus - CAT (Creative Ability Test)
CAT (Creative Ability Test) is conducted to examine the discernment ability, power of observation, creativity in the development of a thought and design ability of the candidate. An important quality of the test is to check the applicant’s ability to use different colour and creativeness in graphics skills followed by skills in sketching, adeptness in use of colours and inventiveness.
- Duration of Test: 3 Hours
- Maximum Marks: 100 Marks
- Judging Criteria:
- Intuitive ability
- Power of observation in concept development
- Design ability of the candidate
NIFT Syllabus - GAT (General Ability Test)
- Quantitative Ability: It includes questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance
- Communication Ability: This section will test the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, etc.
- English Comprehension: It will test one’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage and test of basic English language.
- Analytical Ability: It is designed to test the candidate’s inference and logic from the given information.
- Logical Ability: Evaluate the applicant’s ability to identify the logic or reason involved in a particular problem given and applying it to solving the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
- Case Study: It will be based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
- General Knowledge and current affairs: Candidate's general awareness will be measured by the questions related to General Knowledge and current affairs.
NIFT Syllabus - Situation Test
Candidates who have applied for B.Des and listed qualified in CAT/GAT examination will be called for situation test. Situation test is held to examine candidate’s skills for material handling and inventive ability on a given situation with a given set of resources. The result will be done on the basis of spatial visualization, innovative and creative use of given material, the composition of elements, colour scheme, construction skill, the finesse of the model and overall presentation etc.
- It is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials.
- Parameters to be evaluated during Situation Test:
- Model will be assessed by Space Visualization
- Innovative and creative use of given material
- the composition of elements
- colour scheme, construction skill
- the finesse of the model and overall presentation, etc.
- Write-up: These parameters will be checked with the write up explaining the concept/idea behind the model constructed.
- The weightage of the write-up is 30%.
- The write-up will be in the English language.
- No marks will be given for write-up in any other language.
Quick Links related to NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam
In case of any query related to NIFT Syllabus 2018, you can write to us in the comment section below: