NIFT 2018 Exam Pattern for the NIFT exam was conducted on 21 January 2018, the details about the exam pattern are given on this page. Till the previous year, NIFT used to conduct in 2 Phases and in both computer-based and paper-based mode. From this year it will be conducted only in Pen & Paper Based Mode. NIFT is an entrance exam conducted every year by National Institute of Fashion Technology on All India basis for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Programs in 16 campuses of NIFT all over India. This page gives the complete information on NIFT 2018 Exam Pattern for situation test, creative test, and GAT.
Latest Update: Registration for B.Design Situation Test has started on 5 April 2018 from 2.00 PM. Candidates can follow the link given below to register them now.
We have also explained the NIFT Situation test exam pattern, sample questions on this page.
- NIFT 2018 Exam Date: 21 January 2018
- NIFT Exam Time Duration
|Test Duration||120 Minutes||180 Minutes|
Register here for a Free alert on NIFT Exam
NIFT 2018 Exam Schedule for GAT & CAT
Bachelor of Design
10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
2.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Bachelor of Fashion Technology
|GAT||10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.|
- Students appearing for B.FTech Entrance Exam has to appear only in General Ability Test (GAT)
- Student appearing for B.Design Entrance Exam has to appear in GAT followed by Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) on the same day and the students who are shortlisted have to appear in the Situation Test.
NIFT 2018 Situation Test - What is it like?
NIFT Situation Test is basically a hand on the test which is conducted to judge the material handling skill and creative ability of the students on a given situation with a given set of materials. The candidates have to appear in the Situation test after the shortlisting from the entrance test scores.
- The candidates have to book the test centres for appearing in the situation test. Registration for Situation Test has started on 5 April 2018 from 2.00 pm. Candidates will require their registered Email Adress, Date of Birth and Roll Number to select their Exam Centre for the Situation Test.
- There will be total three questions out of which the students have to attend only one question
- The candidates can practice through the sample questions online to actually get the idea of the nature of the question paper
NIFT 2018 Exam Pattern for GAT
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has released the notification to inform the candidates that the test structure of General Ability Test (GAT) in respect of Bachelor of Design (B. Des) has been revised for the year 2018.
The weightage of the GAT exam for Bachelor of Design (B. Des) would be 30%. Earlier, the number of questions get asked in GAT was 150 which has now been revised to 100. The table below shows the number of questions get asked for each section.
|Sections||No. of Questions
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15|
- Quantitative Ability: This sub-test is designed to test the quantitative ability of the candidates. The sub-test may include questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability: This sub-test is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates in day to day communication in English. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings etc
- English Comprehension: This sub-test aims to test the candidate’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage, and test of basic English language.
- Analytical Ability: It tests the candidate’s capacity for the ability of inference and logic from the given information.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This sub-test is designed to test the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
NIFT 2018 Exam Pattern for CAT & Situation Test
For Creative Ability Test
Creative Ability Test is administered to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
NIFT Situation Test Exam Pattern
It is a hands-on test to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials. On the spot, the evaluation will be done on the model created by the candidate on the given criteria.
The model constructed by the candidate will be evaluated on
- Space Visualization
- innovative and creative use of given material
- Composition of elements
- Colour scheme
- Construction skill
- Finesse of the model
- Overall presentation
NIFT Situation Test Questions (Sample)
Design a 3D model promoting any one of the followings
- Total Literacy /Teacher’s Day /Polio Eradication
- Design a workplace of any one of the following
Material Given to the Students
- Crepe Paper-A4 size,
- Cloth Paper-A4 size
- Mount Board-A4 size
- Rubber band
- Thumb Pins(plastic tops),
- Dori Thick white-1m,
- Golden wire-thin-1m,
- Plastic scrubber
For any queries related to NIFT 2018, You can write to us in the comments section below.