Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana commonly known as KVPY is one of the prestigious and toughest scholarship examinations in India conducted by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. KVPY tests the analytical & understanding ability of the aspirants and is taken by science stream students of Class 11 & 12 and 1st-year students of Basic Science.
There is no prescribed syllabus for the KVPY exam, and hence it requires systematic & strategic preparation to achieve success in the exam. Lacs of students appear for the exam every year, and only a few can clear the exam.
KVPY 2017 Important Dates
KVPY Application form filling begins
|16 July 2017 10:00 AM|
KVPY 2017 last date to apply online
|23 August 2017|
Last date for Payment of Application fees
|20 October 2017|
KVPY 2017 Aptitude Exam
|5 November 2017|
KVPY 2017 Result
Helpful Tips for KVPY preparation
- Make a preparation strategy: To obtain success in the KVPY exam, the student should follow a systematic approach. KVPY aspirants must prepare a detailed schedule about the topic to be covered in the fixed span of time. Planning with a clear target will help the candidates work dedicatedly towards their goal.
- The plan as per your capabilities: It is important for the aspirants to make their study plan as per their potential, capabilities and study style. There are high chances that the student might come under intense pressure during the last few days of the preparation, so at this time a strategic study plan will help the student stay calm and focused.
- Work on your strengths and weaknesses: It’s important for an aspirant to analyse his/her strengths or deficiencies in their areas of study. Once the strengths & weakness have been identified, the students can then put in extra efforts to eradicate their mistakes improve the performance. At the same time working on the strengths will provide an edge to the students in the competition.
- Meet the previous scholars: Having a word with earlier KVPY fellows will help aspirants to get an overview of the preparation methodology for the exam. The personal experiences and guidance of the fellows will assist the candidate in making their exam strategy. Aspirants can also take useful suggestions from the KVPY fellows regarding a list of recommended books and the study approach.
- Solve previous year KVPY sample papers: As the sample papers present an overview of the type of questions asked in the examination, aspirants referring to these will be benefited for sure. Aspirants going through these sample papers along with its regular practice will get a clear picture of the type of questions asked in the examination, way to write answers, topics covered and weightage to be given to the topics of the syllabus.
- Enrol for regular mock tests: We all know that perfection only comes with practice and for a reason, KVPY aspirants should take regular mock tests. These tests help candidates with proper time management and to analyse their level of preparation. The mock test results will assist the student in examining their weak & strong areas. Aspirants are advised to take mock tests once they have reached a level of preparation i.e. during last 5-6 weeks of KVPY preparation.
- Go for group study: Group studies with other students will help the student in getting a different perspective for the exam, the student can clear their doubts from each other. The group studies will help them in expanding their knowledge and get others’ reviews & suggestions on difficult topics.
- Choose the right study material: To be successful in the exam the aspirants must have a thorough knowledge about the subjects, and for this, it is important to refer to the right study material. There are various publications, institutions, online portals offering KVPY study materials. Before picking up these study materials, aspirants must seek experts’ advice or go through the reviews available on these materials.
KVPY Preparation Tips for Mathematics
- Clear the Concept: The preparation for any of the subject would be considered as completed when you have your concept clear concerning the topics you have read or studied. So each and every individual preparing for the subject should clear their concept for the topics they are preparing for. And try to clear the doubts if you have any.
- Welcome the difficult problems: The students most of the times prepare effectively for the topics or the problems they know or they are good at. They afraid to solve the difficult problems for which they got the different answer every time. Those candidates need to work on solving the difficult problems too because ignoring of today can affect you tomorrow.
KVPY Preparation Tips for Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology
- Focus of Individual Stream: The science section of the KVPY consists of the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. Each and every subject holds the SA, SB and SX stream. Hence, the candidates preparing for the science section must focus on every stream individually as the syllabus of each stream is different.
- Make a plan and stick to it: The science section in KVPY bears the large part carrying the three important subjects. So far, the students should prepare a good study plan and stick to it throughout the preparation days as many of the students plan their strategy but hardly follow it. Be careful, you don’t fall under that category of students.
Last Minutes Tips for the KVPY Exam
As the KVPY Exam is round the corner and very less time is left for the exam, so you need to just pull up your socks and gear up for the exam.
- Go through your study notes: Revise all your study notes and basic formulae as the questions require thinking and multi-concept implementation so if you have the strong fundamental knowledge, then you will be able to crack the exam.
- Take Mocks: Revise whatever you have already studied, take mock tests. You should focus on solving the maximum correct questions in the stipulated period.
- Be confident & positive: You have already put in a lot of efforts to prepare for KVPY, now you just need to stay positive about your preparation. You should not worry about the topics that you have not covered, or you are weak at rather be confident about the topics you have thoroughly studied. With the dedicated approach, proper time management and strategic efforts, it's possible for KVPY aspirants to become KVPY Fellows.
List of Books to prepare for the KVPY Exam
Books play the essential part in preparing for any of the exams. Hence, the list of books necessary for KVPY preparation is given in the table below. For SA, the past papers and the NCERT books are enough to prepare for.
Books for SA
|Books for SB/ SX|
Quick Links Related to KVPY 2017
- KVPY Application Form 2017
- KVPY 2017 Results
- KVPY Answer Keys
- How to prepare for KVPY for SA, SX & SB Streams
- KVPY Sample Papers and Previous Year Papers
- KVPY Question Paper & Answer Keys
In case of any query regarding the KVPY Preparation Tips, you can write to us in the comment section below