MOMA Scholarship 2017- Merit Cum Means Scholarships
Last date to apply
31 August 2017
Extended Date: 30 September 2017
About MOMA Scholarship
MOMA Scholarship 2017 is Merit cum Means Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs commonly known as MOMA Scholarship. Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme was launched with the aim to support the meritorious students, who are not financially strong and who belong to the minority community and want to pursue their educational career and courses for higher and professional/technical courses. The last date of application form submission of MOMA Scholarship 2017 has now been extended. Earlier, the application submission deadline was 31 August 2017 which has now been extended up to 30 September 2017.
- Minority Community in India includes people who are Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrians (Parsis) & Jains.
- The scholarship is awarded through the state Governments/UTs or an agency designated by State Govt. to the different candidates within the regions of India.
- The Scholarship is awarded for undergraduate and post graduate courses like Engineering/ Architecture/ MBBS/ Medical & Para Medical Courses/ Veterinary Sc. & Animal Husbandry/ CA/CS/ ICWA/ Fashion Technology/ Design/ Pharmacy/ Law/ Management/MCA
- The Scholarship will be given for some of the courses, and not all >> Courses eligible for Merit cum Means Scholarship 404
- The scholarship is awarded to more than 20,000 candidates every year.
- Number of Scholarships in each state 503
- State wise list of Institutions eligible for full reimbursement- Mostly IITs & NITs
- List of all Minority Scholarships offered by MOMA
What is MOMA Scholarship?
- Scholarships given by Ministry of Minority Affairs are commonly known as MOMA Scholarships.
- The Scholarship is given to meritorious minority community students for pursuing their further studies.
- Centre Govt. allocates funds for this scholarship based on the population of the minority community in the respective State/UT
- The Scholarship allocation to the students is done by the State/ UT to the students.
Courses Eligible for Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minority Students
Reservation for Girl Students in MOMA Scholarship
- 30% of the scholarship is reserved for girls of each minority community in a state but in case if the number of girls falls short for a particular scholarship than the minimum number of requirement, then it would be made available to some other candidate of the same community.
Types of Scholarships under MOMA Scholarship
MOMA Scholarships are divided into three parts and covers the scholarship for students from Class 1 to 12 and also for higher studies after class 12.
Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls A Scholarship by Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA) for girls who have passed class 10 and taken admission in Class 11.
MOMA Scholarship Important Dates
||Dates for Fresh Application
||Dates for Renewal
|Submission of Online Application
||1 June 2017 to 30 September 2017
||1 June 2017 to 31 July 2017
|Scrutiny of Application by Institute
|Scrutiny of Application by State/UT
|Final List of students selected
Subscribe for Regular Updates of MOMA Scholarship
MOMA Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| For students studying professionals/technical courses
- The student must be from the minority group.
- The student should be pursuing his/her studies in India.
- The student should be enrolled in any of these professiona/technical course- Engineering/ Architecture/ MBBS/ Medical & Para Medical Courses/ Verterinary Sc. & Animal Husbandry/ CA/CS/ ICWA/ Fashion Technology/ Design/ Pharmacy/ Law/ Management/MCA
- Courses Eligible for Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minority Students
- The income of student/parent/guardian must not exceed the Rs. 2,50,000
- The student must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in his/her class 12 examination.
- The scholarship would be provided to only those students who have got admission in the college/institution through a competitive exam or those through merit, provided they must have attained a minimum of 50% marks in their class 12 exams.
Not Eligible for Merit cum Means Scholarship
- Students under this scholarships are not allowed to avail any other scholarship
- Not more than two members of the same family are entitled to the scholarship
- The scholarship will not be paid for the students who are under internship/houseman ship for the course of M.B.B.S or any other technical course.
- The scholarship would be withdrawn in a case wherein the student changes his/her course for which the scholarship was awarded for.
- The scholarship would be cancelled if the student discontinues his/her studies
MOMA Scholarship Reward
- Under the MOMA Scholarship, the student would be supported financially
- Full Reimbursement of the course fees is paid to the minority student studying in IITs & NITs situated in various states in the country.
- The student’s college fees would be paid directly to the institution
- Maintenance allowances would be paid directly to the students.
Type of aid
Maintenance allowance (10 months)
|Rs. 10,000 per year
|| Rs. 5000 per year
Course fee (Full course fee will be compensated to the students enrolled in selected institution/college
State wise list of Institutions eligible for full reimbursement, of course, fees 404
Rs. 20,000 per annum or actual whichever is less
The students have to renew their MOMA Scholarship every year provided that they score the minimum qualifying marks. >> MOMA Scholarship Renewal (1 June 2017 to 31 July 2017)
MOMA Scholarship Application form and Process
Candidates can fill the application form for MOMA Scholarship 2017 through online mode. The application submission date for the MOMA Scholarship (Merit cum Means Scholarship) 2017 has been extended. Earlier the deadline of submitting the application was 31 August 2017 which has now been extended up to 30 September 2017.
Click Here to Apply
- The students should follow the necessary steps while applying for the MOMA Scholarship online
- Visit the official website and first create a student account (if the account already exists then there is no need for registration).
- The student will get the Temporary id
- Select the name of the scholarships they want to apply to.
- They need to register themselves on the website (they are kindly advised to read the FAQs)
- After the online application is completed, the student has to submit the application and take a printout of the application form.
Documents to be sent with the MOMA Application Form
- One copy of the scholarship application form (signed by the candidate)
- One passport size photograph with student’s signature
- Self-attested copy of all the certificates in respect of all the examination passed
- Income certificates of parent/guardian whether self- employed or under some employee, accordingly
- Self-declaration of the community by the student.
- Course fee receipt
- These documents have to be sent to the State Department of the State to which you belong.
- Once the state departments recommend the scholarship for the student, then a Permanent Id will be generated.
- The student will be intimated about the status of scholarship through e-mail and SMS.
- Permanent Id would be required at the time of renewal of MOMA Scholarship.
MOMA Scholarship Selection Process
The selection for MOMA Scholarship- Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2017 will be made strictly on the merit basis. Within the State-wise allocations, the application from students enrolled in the reputed institutions will be given preference. After the scholarships are sanctioned the state/UT will publish the details of the selected students on the website of state/Government/UT concerned. MOMA Scholarship- Merit cum means scholarship merit list will be displayed in the first week of November 2017
Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA)
The Ministry of Minority Affairs was created on January 29, 2006 by the Government of India. The formation of the ministry took place to maintain equal treatment of administrative and executive bodies in the country towards the minority groups in the country. It was formed to take care of the needs of the minority groups in the country
MOMA Scholarship Distribution
MOMA Scholarship Address
Ministry of Minority Affairs,
11th Floor, Paryavaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
MOMA Scholarship Contact Details
Picture Jharkhand Photography Contest 2017 application process is started on 22 August 2017. This photography contest is organized to capture the spir... Read More
Jagriti Yatra 2017 is 15 days Train Journey which is being organized by Jagriti Sewa Sansthan since 1997, initially, it was known as Azad Bharat ... Read More
Indo Japanese Fellowship 2017 is organized under Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Programme 2017-18&... Read More
CENTA Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO) is open to teachers across all boards, subjects, and classes. It is open to teachers of g... Read More