Inspire Scholarship (SHE) 2017-18
Manipal Institute of Technology Admission 2018 Apply Now
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About Inspire Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship 2017-18 offers 10,000 scholarships every year for undertaking Bachelor and Masters level education in the Natural & Basic sciences.Inspire Scholarship is conducted by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science Technology. There is no exam conducted for the scholarship and it is disbursed based on the eligibility criteria. The following subjects under Basic and Natural Sciences are within the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship for pursuing BSc/ BS/ Int. MSc/ Int. MS course.
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences.
Latest Update: As per notice released by the Inspire Programme Division on 21 November 2017, there is No Fee for application and selection under SHE 2017.
The application process for the Inspire Scholarship 2017-18 has started. The candidates can apply for the Inspire Scholarship by following the link below.
Inspire Scholarship Application Form - Apply Here
Inspire Scholarship Dates 2017-18
|Online Application for Inspire Scholarship Begins - Started!
||15 October 2017
|Last date to apply for Inspire Scholarship
||31 December 2017
|Inspire Scholarship Result for those applied in 2017-18
||3rd week of January 2017
Quick Links related to Inspire Scholarship 2017-18
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Inspire Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Passed Class 12: Students should have passed class 12 in 2017 from any recognised state or central board in India.
Pursuing UG: Student must be pursuing three years B.Sc., B.Sc (Hons), four years B.S or five years integrated M.Sc./M.S programs in any UGC recognised College/ University/ Institutions in India in natural/basic sciences.
Top 1% in Board Exams: Students who happen to be among the top 1% in Class 12 at their respective Board Examinations and are pursuing courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. levels. (Cutoffs are given toward the end of the page)
Top 10,000 in National Competitive Exams: Students who have secured in the Joint Entrance Examination of the following exams and have also opted to study Natural and Basic sciences in any academic institute or university leading to graduate and post-graduate degree.
Open for students of these Institutes: Students admitted to
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER),
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),
- Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai are also eligible for the Inspire Scholarship.
- Four years BS or 5 years Integrated M.Sc. programs in Basic & Natural Sciences at all Indian Institute
of Technology (IITs) within top 10,000 ranks in JEE Advanced.
Open to Scholars: The scholarship is also open to all KVPY, NTSE, JBNSTS scholars and Science Olympiad Medalists, opting to undertake courses in the Natural & Basic sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees.
- A student cannot avail any other scholarship along with the INSPIRE Scholarship 2017 (SHE).
Inspire Scholarship Reward
Scholarship Amount: Each Inspire awardee to get Rs. 80,000 per annum for a maximum period of 5 years and is given in following ways:
- Each candidate will receive annual scholarship @ total value of Rs. 60,000 in cash.
- All the SHE scholars are required to undertake summer research projects under an active researcher in any recognised research centres across India. A summertime attachment fee of Rs. 20,000 will be paid as Mentorship every year.
- The scholarship will be transferred to the scholar’s State Bank of India (SBI) bank account directly.
Inspire Scholarship Renewal
- Continuation of the scholarship for the selected candidates is based on good academic performance in the examinations conducted by the University and upon the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- The candidates have to apply for the renewal of the inspire scholarship every year and based on the performance of the candidate the scholarship will be renewed.
Inspire Scholarship Application form and Process
The student must be enrolled into the B.Sc., BS, Integrated M.Sc/ Int.MS courses before applying for INSPIRE Scholarship. The online application process for the Inspire Scholarship has been started from 15 October 2017. The application process can be filled until 31 December 2017.
Inspire Scholarship 2017-18 Application Form - Apply Now
- Each student should only send one application form and should make sure that the application form is correctly filled.
- Before initiating the online application process for Inspire Scholarship 2017-18, the student should keep the scanned copy of the following documents ready.
Documents to be uploaded with Inspire Scholarship Application Form
||File Size- Maximum
|Passport Size Photograph
|Community /Caste Certificate
||only if the applicant belongs to OBC /SC /ST
|Eligibility Note/Advisory Note
If provided by the State/Central Board
|Class 10 Mark sheet
||Compulsory- For Date of Birth Proof
|Class 12 Mark Sheet
|Certificate specifying Rank or Award in
JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced) / AIPMT/
KVPY / JBNSTS/ NTSE /
International Olympic Medalists
|Only if eligible under this criterion
Endorsement Form signed by the Principal
of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the
Download Endorsement Form Format
Submission of the Application Form
The application form filled by the candidates can only be submitted through online mode. The candidates need not send the duly filled in Inspire Scholarship application form or any document by post. The candidates before submitting the application form should ensure that the details filled by them are correct in all aspect.
Inspire Scholarship Selection Process
Intimation to the selected candidates: All selected candidates shall receive an Email notification informing that they are selected for the Inspire scholarship.
Inspire Scholarship Offer Letter: The selected students are required to log into the online portal to download the offer letter.
Inspire Scholarship Cut Off Marks for CBSE, ISCE, State Boards
Percentage Cut Off Marks of Various State Board Results in Class 12
Inspire Scholarship Contact Details
Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan,
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi - 110016
Tel : 0120-4676260 011-26568099, 0120-6137050
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, inspire.prog-dst.nic.in
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Indian Engineering Olympiad (IEO) 2018 is a National Level Exam that offers a real test of engineering skills for the students in various fields of en... Read More
Dr Radhakrishnan HPBOSE Scholarship merit cum means scholarship is awarded annually to the selected candidates. Every year, Himachal Pr... Read More
UGC Scholarship for University Rank Holders is offered by UGC with the help of Ministry of Human Resource and Development for the 1st and 2nd rank hol... Read More