Inspire Scholarship (SHE) 2017-18
About Inspire Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship 2017-18 offers 10,000 scholarships every year for undertaking Bachelor and Masters level education in the Natural & Basic sciences.Inspire Scholarship is conducted by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science Technology. There is no exam conducted for the scholarship and it is disbursed based on the eligibility criteria. The following subjects under Basic and Natural Sciences are within the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship for pursuing BSc/BS/Int. MSc/Int. MS course
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences.
Inspire Scholarship Important Dates 2017
||Previous Year Dates
|Online Application Begins
||15 November 2016
||3rd week of January 2017
|Last date to apply for Inspire Scholarship
||15 January 2017
||3rd week of January 207
|Inspire Scholarship Result for those applied in 2017-18
||21 January 2017
||3rd week of January 2017
Quick Links related to Inspire Scholarship 2017-18
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Inspire Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Passed Class 12: Students should have passed class 12 in 2017 from any recognised state or central board in India.
- Pursuing UG: Student must be pursuing three years B.Sc., B.Sc (Hons), four years B.S or five years integrated M.Sc./M.S programs in any UGC recognised College/ University/ Institutions in India in natural/basic sciences.
- Top 1% in Board Exams: Students who happen to be among the top 1% in Class 12 at their respective Board Examinations and are pursuing courses in Natural and Basic sciences at the B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. levels. (Cutoffs are given toward the end of the page)
- Top 10,000 in National Competitive Exams: Students who have secured in the Joint Entrance Examination of the following exams and have also opted to study Natural and Basic sciences in any academic institute or university leading to graduate and post-graduate degree.
- Open for students of these Institutes: Students admitted to
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER),
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),
- Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai are also eligible for the Inspire Scholarship.
- Four years BS or 5 years Integrated M.Sc. programs in Basic & Natural Sciences at all Indian Institute
of Technology (IITs) within top 10,000 ranks in JEE Advanced.
- Open to Scholars: The scholarship is also open to all KVPY, NTSE, JBNSTS scholars and Science Olympiad Medalists, opting to undertake courses in the Natural & Basic sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees.
- A student cannot avail any other scholarship along with the INSPIRE Scholarship 2017 (SHE).
Inspire Scholarship Reward
Scholarship Amount: Each Inspire awardee get Rs. 80,000 per annum for a maximum period of 5 years and is given in following ways:
- Each candidate will receive annual scholarship @ total value of Rs. 60,000 in cash.
- All the SHE scholars are required to undertake summer research projects under an active researcher in any recognised research centres across India. A summer time attachment fee of Rs. 20,000 will be paid as Mentorship every year.
- The scholarship will be transferred to the scholar’s State Bank of India (SBI) bank account directly.
Inspire Scholarship Renewal
- Continuation of the scholarship for the selected candidates is based on good academic performance in the examinations conducted by the University and upon the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- The candidates have to apply for the renewal of the inspire scholarship every year and based on the performance of the candidate the scholarship will be renewed.
Inspire Scholarship Application form and Process
The student must be enrolled into the B.Sc., BS, Integrated M.Sc/ Int.MS courses before applying for INSPIRE Scholarship.
- There is only Online Application for Inspire Scholarship 2017. There will be no offline application.
Inspire Scholarship 2017-18 Application Form
Guidelines for filling online Inspire Scholarship Form
- Each student should only send one application form and should make sure that the application form is correctly filled.
- Before initiating the online application process for Inspire Scholarship 2017-18, the student should keep the scanned copy of the following documents ready
Documents to be uploaded with Inspire Scholarship Application Form
||File Size- Maximum
|Passport Size Photograph
|Community /Caste Certificate
||only if the applicant belongs to OBC /SC /ST
|Eligibility Note/Advisory Note
If provided by the State/Central Board
|Class 10 Mark sheet
||Compulsory- For Date of Birth Proof
|Class 12 Mark Sheet
|Certificate specifying Rank or Award in
JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced) / AIPMT/
KVPY / JBNSTS/ NTSE /
International Olympic Medalists
|Only if eligible under this criterion
|Endorsement Form signed by the Principal
of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the
Download Endorsement Form Format
Submission of INSPIRE Scholarship (SHE) Application Form 2017-18
The candidates need not send the duly filled in Inspire Scholarship application form or send any document by post. The application form can only be submitted Online only.
Inspire Scholarship Selection Process
- Intimation to the selected candidates: All selected candidates shall receive an Email notification informing that they are selected for the Inspire scholarship.
- Inspire Scholarship Offer Letter: The selected students are required to log into the online portal to download the offer letter.
Inspire Scholarship Cut Off Marks for CBSE, ISCE, State Boards
Inspire Scholarship Contact Details
Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan,
New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi - 110016
Tel : 0120-4676260 011-26568099, 0120-6137050
e-mail: email@example.com, inspire.prog-dst.nic.in
UP Pre Matric Scholarship 2017 is for the students of Uttar Pradesh who are studying in Class 9-10 in any recognised school in Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pr... Read More
Schwarzman Scholars Program 2017, China invites applications from candidates interested in pursuing one-year Master’s Degree in Public Poli... Read More
UP Post Matric Scholarship 2017 - Samaj Kalyan Scholarship is being offered by the Uttar Pradesh Government. Uttar Pradesh Social Welfare Department&n... Read More
National level 8th Painting Competition on Water Conservation aims at making the children aware of the need of conserving this precious resource ... Read More