INSPIRE Scholarship (SHE) 2016-17
About Inspire Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship 2015 offers 10,000 scholarships every year for undertaking Bachelor and Masters level education in the Natural & Basic sciences.Inspire Scholarship is conducted by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science Technology.The Online application for Inspire Scholarship 2016 will be open from November 1, 2016, to December Last week. This page will be updated as soon as the applications begin for this year.
There is no exam conducted for the scholarship and it is disbursed based on the eligibility criteria.
Inspire Scholarship Important Dates
|Online Application Begins
||The first week of November 2016
|Last date to apply for Inspire Scholarship
||Last week of December 2016
Update for 2015 Scholarship
Deadline Extended: The last date to submit Inspire Scholarship Application form has been extended to December 20, 2015, earlier and now it is extended to December 27, 2015, til 12 Midnight. The deadline has been extended because a lot of students were unable to fill the Inspire Application form due to errors on the website.
- Nov 1, 2015: Inspire Scholarship 2015-16 notification has released, and the application process is open now. There is only online application Process for Inspire Scholarship, and no document has to be sent to the ministry. Receipt of Eligibility Note or Certificate from the respective board is not compulsory for applying for Inspire Scholarship.
- List of Rejected Candidates for Inspire Scholarship for the year 2014 by DST along with the reasons for rejection.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Inspire Scholarship
Inspire Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Passed Class 12: Students should have passed class 12 in 2016 from any recognised state or central board in India.
- Pursuing UG: Student must be pursuing three years B.Sc., B.Sc (Hons), four years B.S or five years integrated M.Sc./M.S programs in any UGC recognised College/ University/ Institutions in India in natural/basic sciences.
- Top 1% in Board Exams: Students who happen to be among the top 1% in Class 12 at their respective Board Examinations and are pursuing courses in Natural and Basic sciences at the B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. levels. (Cutoffs are given toward the end of the page)
- Top 10,000 in National Competitive Exams: Students who have secured in the Joint Entrance Examination of the following exams and have also opted to study Natural and Basic sciences in any academic institute or university leading to graduate and post-graduate degree.
- Open for students of these Institutes: Students admitted to
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER),
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER),
- Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai are also eligible for the Inspire Scholarship.
- Four years BS or 5 years Integrated M.Sc. programs in Basic & Natural Sciences at all Indian Institute
of Technology (IITs) within top 10,000 ranks in JEE Advanced.
- Open to Scholars: The scholarship is also open to all KVPY, NTSE, JBNSTS scholars and Science Olympiad Medalists, opting to undertake courses in the Natural & Basic sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees.
- A student cannot avail any other scholarship along with the INSPIRE Scholarship 2015 (SHE).
Courses Eligible for Inspire Scholarship
The following subjects under Basic, and Natural Sciences are within the scope of INSPIRE Scholarship for pursuing BSc/BS/Int. MSc/Int. MS course
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences.
Inspire Scholarship Reward
Scholarship Amount: Each Inspire awardee get Rs. 80,000 per annum for a maximum period of 5 years and is given in following ways:
- Each candidate will receive annual scholarship @ total value of Rs. 60,000 in cash.
- All the SHE scholars are required to undertake summer research projects under an active researcher in any recognised research centres across India. A summer time attachment fee of Rs. 20,000 will be paid as Mentorship every year.
- The scholarship will be transferred to the scholar’s State Bank of India (SBI) bank account directly.
Inspire Scholarship Renewal
- Continuation of the scholarship for the selected candidates is based on good academic performance in the examinations conducted by the University and upon the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- The candidates have to apply for the renewal of the inspire scholarship every year and based on the performance of the candidate the scholarship will be renewed.
Inspire Scholarship Application form and Process
The student must be enrolled into the B.Sc., BS, Integrated M.Sc/ Int.MS courses before applying for INSPIRE Scholarship.
Guidelines for filling online inspire scholarship form.
- Each student should only send one application form and should make sure that the application form is correctly filled.
- Before initiating the online application process for Inspire Scholarship 2015, the student should keep the scanned copy of the following documents ready
Documents to be uploaded with Inspire Scholarship Application Form
||File Size- Maximum
|Passport Size Photograph
|Community /Caste Certificate
||only if the applicant belongs to OBC /SC /ST
|Eligibility Note/Advisory Note
If provided by the State/Central Board
|Class 10 Mark sheet
||Compulsory- For Date of Birth Proof
|Class 12 Mark Sheet
|Certificate specifying Rank or Award in
JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced) / AIPMT/
KVPY / JBNSTS/ NTSE /
International Olympic Medalists
|Only if eligible under this criterion
|Endorsement Form signed by the Principal
of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the
Download Endorsement Form Format
- The student does not have to send any document by post.
Inspire Scholarship Selection Process
- Intimation to the selected candidates: All selected candidates shall receive an Email notification informing that they are selected for the Inspire scholarship.
- Inspire Scholarship Offer Letter: The selected students are required to log into the online portal to download the offer letter.
Inspire Scholarship Cut Off Marks for CBSE, ISCE, State Boards
Inspire Scholarship Address
Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi - 110016
Inspire Scholarship Contact Details
Tel : 0120-4676260 011-26568099, 0120-6137050
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, inspire.prog-dst.nic.in
TANAPEX 2017 - Philatelic Exhibition will be organised from January 5 to January 8, 2017. This exhibition is organised every year to promote... Read More
9th International Student Poster Competition is for the disabled individual across the world is creating awareness in the society since last 8 years... Read More
Motorola Scholar Program 2016-17 is being organized by Foundation for Advancement of Education and Research (FAER) and is being funded by Motorola S... Read More
Adobe India- Women in Technology Scholarship 2017 aims to recognise outstanding female students in the technology field. The last date to ap... Read More