A notification has been released regarding the modification in the Inspire Scholarship and that has been discussed here. Inspire Scholarship is a government scholarship that is given for pursuing bachelors' and masters' degree course in natural and basic science for the talented students in the age group 17-22 years. The scholarship is given to students after class 12th for BSc or Integrated MSc Programme in any recognised college or institute in India.
Inspire Scholarship Revision - Guidelines Issued
The modification has been implemented and they are as follows
Increase in the Number of Scholarship
- The number of scholarships has increased to 12,000 from 10,000
But there will be no change in scholarship emoluments per student per year.
Change in Renewal Conditions
- For renewal/ continuation of the scholarship, the students should pass in all subjects in the first attempt and secure minimum 60% marks or 7 GPA on a 10 point scale in an annual exam or 2 semesters.
This will be applicable from the academic year 2018-19 starting from June/July Onwards. This condition for continuation of the scholarship will be applicable for the fresh scholars that are inducted as well as the ongoing scholars. The scholars are requested to upload grading to percentage conversion factor formula along with self-attested mark sheet. If this is not available the GPA will be counted on 10.0 scale.These conditions will be applicable from the academic year 2018-19 starting from June/July 2018 onwards. Read More about: Inspire Scholarship Renewal
The inclusion of new subjects in the purview of Scholarship
- The inclusion of 4 subjects at Post Graduate Level Only and that is 1) Ecology 2) Marine Biology 3) Genetics 4) Bio Physics
Presently there are 18 subjects for which the scholarship is offered.
The Inspire scholars are inducted via two modes
- Direct Mode: Based on the marks secured in Class 12 board exam of centre or state (top 1%)
- Institution Mode: Selection from various National Competitive Examination like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, NISER, KVPY, NTSE, JBNSTS, International Olympiad Medalist