CBSE NET Eligibility criteria 2017 for the candidates who want to appear in the CBSE NET examination is given here. CBSE NET examination is for Junior research Fellowship and Assistant Professor for the candidates who have done masters. The candidates can apply for NET examination who fulfil the CBSE NET Eligibility criteria 2017.The last date for applying for CBSE NET is 11 September 2017.
CBSE NET Eligibility Criteria 2017- Check Here
Gender: Both male and female candidates can apply for CBSE NET 2017, however, the female candidates have 5 years of age relaxation in age.
Educational Qualification: The candidates who have done Master’s degree or equivalent examination from the Universities or Institutions that is recognised by UGC in the subjects such as Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in the Masters to be eligible for CBSE NET exam and the Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC) Scheduled Tribe (ST) persons with disability (PWD) category candidates who have obtained minimum 50% marks in Master’s degree are eligible for the NET exam.
- The candidates who are going to appear or appeared in the qualifying Master’s degree examination and waiting for the final result and the candidates whose qualifying exam have been delayed for any reason are also eligible to apply for CBSE NET. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship or Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or an equivalent with minimum required marks.
- Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks and fail in the Master’s exam will be treated as disqualified.
Age limitation & relaxation: The candidates who belong to General category should not be aged more than 28 years and the candidates who belong to OBC or SC or ST will have 5 year age relaxation. PWD and Female candidates have also 5 years of age relaxation.
- Junior research Fellowship: Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant or related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on the production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground will not exceed five years under any condition.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Quick Links Related to CBSE NET 2017
- CBSE NET Eligibility Criteria 2017
- CBSE NET Application Form 2017
- CBSE NET Admit Card 2017 - Released!
- UGC NET Result 2017 - CBSE UGC NET Result Declared
- UGC NET Answer Key 2017 - View OMR Sheets and Answer Key!
In the case of any query related to CBSE NET Eligibility 2017, you can write to us in the comments section below.