About UPSEE 2016
- UPSEE 2016 is conducted by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow. UPSEE is an entrance exam for admission into engineering, architecture, pharmacy, management courses. UPSEE 2016 is being conducted for admission to all the Technical Institutions and Colleges affiliated to the Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. Admissions in some of the courses in the other Universities of U.P. are also done through UPSEE 2016.
- UPSEE 2016 Application Form filling has been started from February 24, 2016, and the last date to apply is March 28, 2016.(5 PM).
Latest Update: Seat Allotment result of UPSEE Round second has been declared.Click Here to check Round 2 result for UPTU Counselling 2016.
- UPSEE 2016 Exam Date
April 17, 2016 (Sunday)- B.Tech, B.Tech Agriculture Engineering, B.Arch, B.Pharma
April 23, 2016 (Saturday) - BHMCT, BFAD, BFA
April 24, 2016 (Sunday) -MCA, MBA, Integrated MAM Courses
- UPSEE 2016 Entrance Exam for B.Tech & B.Arch will be held in - UPSEE Test Centers.
- 15% seats in all private institutes will be filled by NRI Quota and candidates claiming seats under this quota need not appear in UPSEE 2016. However, NRI candidates opting for admission in B.Arch course has to appear in Paper 4 of UPSEE.
Availability of UPSEE 2016 Application form
February 24, 2016, 11:00 AM
Last date to Apply for UPSEE 2016
March 27, 2016, 05:00 PM. Extended to March 28, 2016, 5 PM
UPSEE 2016 Exam Date
B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Tech Agriculture Engineering, B.Pharma
April 17, 2016 (Sunday)
10 a.m. to 1p.m.
UPSEE 2016 Exam Date
BHMCT, BFAD, BFA
April 23, 2016 (Saturday)
UPSEE 2016 Exam Date
MCA, MBA, Integrated MAM Courses
April 24, 2016 (Sunday)
UPSEE 2016 Branches offered under B.Tech
UPSEE 2016 Notification
Subscribe for Regular Updates of UPSEE 2016
UPSEE 2016 Eligibility criteria
UPSEE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit: There is no age limit to take admission in courses provided by UPSEE.
UPSEE is open to students from all across India.
- UPSEE Entrance Exam is open to the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located in U.P. or whose parents are domicile of U.P.
- UPSEE Exam can also be taken by students who are non-domicile of Uttar Pradesh as 10% of the seats are reserved for the students outside Uttar Pradesh.
Domicile of UP
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from any institute in UP or their parents are domicile of UP are only eligible for this exam.
- If the candidate has passed qualifying examination (10+2) from outside UP then they have to produce domicile certificate of any one of their parents at the time of documents verification.
- Candidates must note that UPSEE exam is also open to the candidates who have passed qualifying examination from any institute outside UP and whose parents are not UP domicile.
- 10% of the total available sanctioned seats in a private college affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University will be filled with combined merit of Domicile and Non- Domicile candidates (without Reservation).
Refer to this table to see the compulsory and optional subjects that the student must have passed or will be appearing in Class 12 or equivalent.
||Physics & Mathematics
||Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
|Physics & Mathematics OR Biology
||Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Technical Vocational subject
||Mathematics & Physics
||Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Engineering Drawing / Technical Vocational subject
| B.Tech. (Agriculture Engg.)
|| Agriculture discipline.
|BHMCT / BFAD/BFA
For B.Tech/ B.Pharm
- For admission to the first year of B.Tech / B.Pharm candidate must have passed 10+2 from U.P board or any other recognised board. Minimum marks without grace in required in each compulsory subjects and one optionalsubjecttaken together.
- In case of SC/ST Category candidates- 40% marks
- For all other categories - Minimum 45% marks
- The candidates who have appeared or are to appear in the qualifying exam and their results are awaited are also eligible for UPSEE 2016.
- In the case of board/ university giving grades in the qualifying exam, a percentage equivalence certificate should be submitted at the time of counselling.
- All candidates who are eligible for B.Tech are also eligible for B.Tech Agriculture Engineering Course.
- Candidates who want admission in B.Arch Course has to appear in UPSEE 2016 paper 4. For admission to the first year of B. Arch., a candidate must have clearly passed intermediate examination of U. P. Board or 10 + 2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University and securing
- Minimum 50% marks in aggregate
- Clearly passed without grace, each compulsory and optional subjects
- The candidates who have appeared or are to appear in the qualifying exam and their results are awaited are also eligible for this exam.
- Candidate possessing three years Diploma in Architecture (10+3) recognized by Central / State Govt., is also eligible for admission to the first year of B. Arch. only, provided the candidate has passed the Diploma examination securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate without grace.
- These candidates will have to appear in the UPSEE Paper 4 for admission to the first year of B. Arch.
B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)
- All candidates who are eligible for admission in B.Tech. courses are also eligible for B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)
If a candidate is not eligible for UPSEE 2016 and he appears in the entrance exam then he/she will not be given admission in any of the colleges of A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University.
- The students should have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from an Institution situated outside India and is considered equivalent to (10+2) examination by AIU. or passed (GCE) examination with Physics, Chemistry and
Higher Mathematics (A) from London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka.
- The candidates should also have appeared in SAT-II examination with Mathematics level II C, Physics and Chemistry.
UPSEE 2016 Application form and Admit Card
UPSEE 2016 Application Process
The candidate has the option to submit their application Form for UPSEE 2016 through online mode only. UPSEE Application Form has to be submitted online through the websites UPSEE official Website or AKTU Official Website. The candidates are required to opt papers and subjects for appearing in the entrance exam according to their eligibility.
The Online application form submission consists of following three simple steps.
- Filling up of Personal Details.
- Payment of Examination Fee.
- Uploading of Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression”.
Candidates do not need to send hard copy / photo copy of any document, whatsoever, to the University at this stage.
Indicate Reservation in the Application form
- Candidates claiming the advantage of reserved categories, subcategories, rural weightage etc are required to indicate it in the application.
- The format of the certificates is given in APPENDIX-D of the information brochure.
UPSEE 2016 Application Form
UPSEE 2016 Admit Card
UPSEE 2016 Fees
UPSEE 2016 Application Form Fee
- Rs. 1000 for Male / Transgender candidates of General & OBC category
- Rs. 500 for Female candidates / Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories and SC/ST candidates
Candidates can pay examination fee in one of the following manners.
- Through Bank Challan.
- Through Credit Card / Debit Card / Netbanking.
UPSEE 2016 Result and Counselling
UPSEE 2016 Result and Merit List
UPSEE 2016 written examination will be conducted on April 17, April 23 & 24, 2016 and UPSEE 2016 Result is expected to be declared on or before May 30, 2016
Scrutiny of Answer Sheets after the Declaration of result
- After the declaration of result, the candidate can get his/her answer sheets scrutinised on payment of Rs. 5000 per paper within seven days of the declaration of result.
- The application for scrutiny may be submitted to the Registrar (UPSEE), A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University, Lucknow in writing.
UPTU Counselling 2016
UPSEE 2016 Counselling will begin from last week of June 2016 and will end in last week of June 2016.
- Candidates are required to attend counselling according to their UPSEE rank obtained in UPSEE 2016 examination.
- The allotment of the seat through counselling will be carried out strictly in accordance with the UPSEE merit of the candidate, subject to the order of preference given for the seats and availability of seat in the category.
- The fee paid at the time of counselling by the candidate after the allotment of seat will not be refunded in any case.
Reservation & Allotment of Seats
- Reserved Seats for NRI through Management Quota
- State Govt. has permitted 15% of total sanctioned seats available in Private Institutions to be filled by the NRI candidates under Management quota.
- 20% of total sanctioned seats to be filled on basis of JEE Main Merit
- State Govt. has also permitted 20% of total sanctioned seats available in all affiliated Private Institutions only to be filled by JEE Main 2016 merit for admission to Technology/Architecture courses.
- 10% seats will be filled by non- U.P. domicile candidates on U.P. State merit using U.P. reservation policy
- The remaining 10% seats will be filled by All India Merit candidates without reservation subject to eligibility conditions.
Thus, 65% of the seats available in B.Tech./B.Arch. and 85% seats in the remaining courses at all Private Institutions will be filled by the UPSEE qualified candidates.
Grade Equivalence Certificate
- If any of the qualifying examination Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of mark on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the board specifying equivalent marks and submit it at the time of counselling.
UPSEE 2016 Exam pattern
- UPSEE question papers for undergraduate admissions (except UPSEE paper 4) will be in Hindi and English both. In all cases, the Standard English numerals will be used.
- For admission into B.Tech (Bio Technology), the students can either appear in Paper 1 or Paper 2. Candidates who have passed 3 years Diploma in Agriculture Engg. are eligible for admission to the Second year of Agriculture Engg. Branch only. They need to appear in Paper 3.
- SCORING AND NEGATIVE MARKING
- UPSEE (OMR mode) will be conducted for 4 papers with objective multiple type questions except Drawing Aptitude test (Part B of paper 4).There will be objective type questions and each question carries four marks.
- There is no Negative Marking.
- Answers are to be marked using ballpoint pen (Black / Blue) only.
UPSEE Question Paper Pattern
B.Tech - Paper 1 & Paper 2
||B.Tech / Agri Engg.
||B.Tech Bio Tech
B. Arch - Paper 4
Date: April 17, 2016 (2.30 PM to 5:00 PM)
Part-A: Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity
|Mathematics: 50 Questions
Aesthetic Sensitivity: 50 Questions
|Part–B: Drawing Aptitude
Two questions to test drawing aptitude.
UPSEE 2016 Syllabus
UPSEE 2016 Important details
Important Dates for UPSEE 2016
UPSEE 2016 Test Cities
UPSEE is conducted for admission to 1st Year of the following courses
B.Tech ( Agriculture Engineering)
|Integrated MAM Course
UPSEE is also for admission to 2nd year lateral entry
All Institutions affiliated to Gautam Budh Technical University & Mahamaya Technical University admit students through centralised counselling of SEE Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University.
UPSEE Test Centers
Central Admission Board (CAB)
- Central admission board (CAB) have been constituted under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University, Lucknow to supervise and control the State Entrance Examination.
- The CAB has right to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats.
UPSEE 2016 Address
Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh
IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow – 226 021 (U.P)
UPSEE 2016 Contact
Phone: 0522 – 2732193, Fax: 0522 – 2732185
UPSEE Help Desks for helping students in filling up UPSEE Application Form
Toll-free Number: 1800-180-0161 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)