Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana commonly known as KVPY is one of the prestigious and toughest scholarship examinations in India conducted by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. KVPY tests the analytical & understanding ability of the aspirants and is taken by science stream students of Class 11 & 12 and 1st-year students of Basic Science.
There is no prescribed syllabus for the KVPY exam and hence it requires systematic & strategic preparation to achieve success in the exam. Lacs of students appear for the exam every year and only a few are able to clear the exam.
Helpful Tips for KVPY preparation
- Make a preparation strategy: To obtain success in the KVPY exam the student should follow a systematic approach. KVPY aspirants must prepare a detailed schedule about the topic to be covered in fixed span of time. Planning with a clear target will help the aspirants work dedicatedly towards their goal.
- The plan as per your own capabilities: It is important for the aspirants to make their study plan as per their own potential, capabilities and study style. There are high chances that the student might come under intense pressure during the last few days of the preparation, so at this time a strategic study plan will help the student stay calm and focused.
- Work on your strengths and weaknesses: It’s important for an aspirant to analyse his/her strengths or weaknesses in their areas of study. Once the strengths & weakness have been identified , the students can then put in extra efforts to eradicate their mistakes improve the performance. At the same time working on the strengths will provide an edge to the students over the competition.
- Meet the previous scholars: Having a word with earlier KVPY fellows will definitely help aspirants to get an overview of the preparation methodology for the exam. The personal experiences and guidance of the fellows will help the aspirant in making their own exam strategy. Aspirants can also take useful suggestions from the KVPY fellows in terms of a list of recommended books and the study strategy.
- Solve previous year KVPY sample papers: As the sample papers present an overview of the type of questions asked in the examination, aspirants referring to these will be benefited for sure. Aspirants going through these sample papers along with its regular practice will get a clear picture of the type of questions asked in the examination, way to write answers, topics covered and weightage to be given to the topics of the syllabus.
- Enrol for regular mock tests: We all know that perfection only comes with practice and for the reason, KVPY aspirants should take regular mock tests. These tests help aspirants in proper time management and to analyse their level of preparation. The mock test results will help the student in analysing their weak & strong areas. Aspirants are advised to take mock tests once they have reached a level of preparation i.e. during last 5-6 weeks of KVPY preparation.
- Go for group study: Group studies with other students will help the student in getting a different perspective for the exam, the student can clear their doubts from each other. The group studies will help them in expanding their knowledge and get others’ reviews & suggestions on difficult topics.
- Choose the right study material: To be successful in the exam the aspirants must have a thorough knowledge about the subjects and for this, it is important to refer to the right study material. There are various publications, institutions, online portals offering KVPY study materials. Before picking up these study materials, aspirants must seek experts’ advice or go through the reviews available on these materials.
- Refer to NCERT books: KVPY examination has basic and fundamental questions on Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Biology and is based on syllabus up to class 12. Preparing from NCERT books will help the student strengthen fundamental knowledge and concepts on the topics related to their area of study.
- List of Books for Preparation for KVPY
Physics HC Verma Chemistry RC Mukherji & O.P. Agarwal
Last Minutes Tips for the KVPY Exam
As the KVPY Exam is round the corner and very less time is left for the exam so you need to just pull up your socks and gear up for the exam.
- Go through your study notes: Revise all your study notes and basic formulae as the questions require thinking and multi-concept implementation so if you have strong fundamental knowledge then you will be able to crack the exam.
- Take Mocks: Revise whatever you have already studied, take mock tests. You should focus on solving the maximum correct questions in the stipulated time period.
- Be confident & positive: You have already put in a lot of efforts to prepare for KVPY, now you just need to stay positive about your preparation. You should not worry about the topics that you have not covered or you are weak at rather be confident about the topics you have thoroughly studied.
With the dedicated approach, proper time management and strategic efforts, it's possible for KVPY aspirants to become KVPY Fellows.
|Get Complete Details on KVPY|