CBSE Scholarship is awarded to meritorious students and students who are in need of Financial help to pursue their higher studies. CBSE is one of the oldest education board in India. This article list various CBSE Scholarships like Central Sector Scholarship, CBSE Girls Child Scholarship and also various competitions organised / co-organised by CBSE. The links to the scholarship given below have complete details about the scholarship.
CBSE Scholarship List offered by CBSE
CSSS Scholarship scheme provides financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families (Family Income should not be more than 6 lakhs) to pursue higher studies. This CBSE scholarship is funded by MHRD and will be awarded on the basis of the results of senior secondary examinations.
- Eligibility Criteria: Minimum 80% marks in class 12 from a CBSE school.
- Reward: Scholarship of Rs. 1000 per month for three years in graduation (Rs. 2000 per month for 4th and 5th year in case of a professional course and also for post-graduation of 2 years)
In 2014, total 4618 students were awarded the central sector scholarship for pursuing higher studies. The Scholarship application generally begins in the month of July.
CBSE Scholarship Latest Update
The students who are looking forward to applying for Central Sector Scholarship scheme should get the Aadhar Number as it is compulsory now for the disbursement of the scholarship. (Read News)
The objective of CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to provide scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students. The scheme is aimed to recognise the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
Eligibility criteria for CBSE Merit Scholarship are as follows:
- Girls who are the only child of their parent
- Have passed the CBSE Class 10 Examination with 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks/ grades and are continuing their further school education of Class 11 & 12.
Under CBSE Udaan Program, meritorious girl students from class 11 & 12 are provided with free coaching for engineering entrance exams. Every year 1000 girls students are provided support under this scheme and the aim of the program is to enrich mathematics and science education among girls at the school level and also to address the low enrolment ratio of girl students in engineering colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Udaan Program:
- Girl students from class 12 studying in PCM stream are eligible for the scheme provided that they are studying in KVs/ NVs/ other Government run Schools affiliated to any Board in India.Aggregate 70% marks in class 10 including 80% marks in Science & Maths.
- Aggregate 70% marks in class 10 including 80% marks in Science & Maths.
- The family income of the candidate needs to be less than Rs. 6 lakh.
Single Girl Child Scholarship Schemes for Under Graduate Studies
This CBSE scholarship is for students pursuing Undergraduate Studies other than the professional course like MBBS and Engineering The Scholarship are awarded to the students with a financially weaker background. The students get a scholarship of Rs. 500 per month for a period of three years subject to annual renewal based on the performance of the student in studies.
Eligibility Criteria for Single Girl Child Scholarship Schemes for UG Studies are as follows:
- Girls who are the only child of their parent
- Score of 60% or more marks in Class 12 examinations conducted by the CBSE
- Pursuing UG course (non-medical/non-engineering) in any Central/State Government University or those recognized by UGC.
CBSE Merit Scholarship Schemes for Professional Studies - AIPMT and Engineering
CBSE Scholarship for students pursuing MBBS and Engineering Course. A scholarship of Rs. 1000 is provided to the selected students for a period of four years subject to every year renewal. Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Merit Scholarship for Professional Studies is given below:
- Should have secured rank in the merit list of AIPMT/ JEE Main conducted by CBSE
- Pursuing Professional Course in Medicine/ Engineering from Central University/Institution controlled or aided by Central Government.
Students can mail their Queries on CBSE Scholarship to:
CBSE Call Centre 1800-118-002 (Toll-Free)
Programmer (Scholarship) 011-22526745
Email ID: email@example.com
Olympiads/ Quiz competitions Recognised by CBSE as CCE Activity
Competitions organised/ co-organised by CBSE
Some of the competitions organised by CBSE are:
- CBSE Heritage Quiz
- Universal Postal Union Letter Writing Competition
- CBSE Group Mathematics Olympiad- A Gateway to represent India in International Mathematical Olympiad
- Young Artists from CBSE affiliated Schools