BHMS Course (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) is an undergraduate degree programme of 5½ year academic session and one-year internship which is to be started after the completion of the programme in the field of medical science. The course covers the detailed medical knowledge of the Homeopathy admission and the job prospects in the country. Students holding BHMS degree pursue a career as a doctor in the homoeopathic medical field after the completion of the course as well as the internship. Homoeopathy is a 3rd most popular medication system and alternative form of medicine in India, it uses the principle of 'Like can cure Like' to cure all diseases. BHMS Course aims to prepare a doctor who can provide quick and gentle cures and help to enhance the natural healing power in the human body.
“Homoeopathy is the true and very advanced healing science much beyond the scope of current methods of chemical analysis and interpretation.”
The full form of BHMS program is Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. BHMS degree covers the detailed knowledge (mentioned above) of homoeopathic system. After completing the BHMS course, the degree holders become eligible to be called a Doctor.
BHMS Course in India - Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
BHMS Course is 5½ years undergraduate degree program in the homoeopathic system. BHMS course is being very popular in India as the youngsters are choosing to study homoeopathy medical studies among all medical courses in India. Students pursuing BHMS program can become a specialised doctor in the popular area of the homoeopathic system such as Homoeopathic pharmacy, Skin Specialist, Pediatrics, Infertility and sex specialist, Psychiatry etc. In BHMS program, the students study the following subjects:
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy
- Physiology including Biochemistry
- Organs of medicine, principal of Homoeopathic philosophy and Psychology
- Pathology and Microbiology
- Forensic medicine and Toxicology
- Practice of medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Homoeopathic material Medica & therapeutics
- Community Medicine
- Introduction to herbology
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic plant healing
- Healing through nutritional therapies
- Mind and body healing techniques
- Introduction to alternative medicine
- Immunology and immune system disorders
- Health, wellness and longevity Etc.
BHMS Admission 2017
BHMS course is offered by a number of colleges and institutions in India. BHMS program comes under the ministry of Ayush, the Government of India. BHMS Admission in some of these colleges are done on the basis of NEET Score and some colleges and institutions take admission in their BHMS program on the basis of class 12 marks and some famous colleges & institutions select the students on the basis of entrance examination which is conducted by them or government as well.
- Educational Qualification: The students who are passed in class 12 or Equivalent with minimum 50% marks from any state board, central board or any authorised board are eligible to apply for admission in BHMS course offered in any colleges or Institutes in India. The students should also have physics, chemistry and biology subjects in class 12th. The students who are waiting for a final result in their class 12 examination are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Age: The candidates must be aged minimum 17 years old at the time of admission in BHMS program.
BHMS Entrance Exam 2017
Many famous BHMS colleges and institutions select the students for admission in their BHMS program on the basis of entrance examinations and these examinations are conducted by them and government as well. The following are the name of a few popular entrance examinations for admission in BHMS program:
- CPMEE – UP
- PUCET 2017 – Punjab University Common Entrance Test
- KEAM – Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical
- TS EAMCET – Telangana Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test
- AP EAMCET – Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test
BHMS Exam Based on NEET: A number of popular BHMS institutes and colleges select the deserving students for admission in BHMS program offered by them on the basis of NEET score as NEET is conducted for admission into various medical programs.
National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata
National Institute of Homoeopathy which is also known as NIH was established in the year 1975 in Kolkata as an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India. Currently, NIH is under the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. The institute aims to facilitate accessible and affordable quality education in through BHMS and other PG courses in the field of Homoeopathy. Admission into BHMS program at NIH, Kolkata are done through an entrance test called Common Entrance Test which is conducted by NIH, Kolkata. Eligible students can submit an online application form for appearing in the entrance examination. The total course fee of BHMS program at NIH Kolkata is Rs 1,43,450.
BHMS Job Opportunities
After completion of BHMS course, the students become a doctor and they have numerous job opportunities in India and also in abroad. The BHMS holding doctors are in high demand in both private and government sectors. They can start a career as a homoeopathic practitioner or as a medical representative or as a doctor in government or private hospital. Many BHMS degree holder prefers to start a private clinic so they can practice well and earn more money. After completion of BHMS course, a doctor can start his/her career as any of the following:
- Medical assistant
- Public health specialist
- Private practice
- Spa director
BHMS Salary after Completion of the Course
A doctor or practitioner holding BHMS degree can earn a lot of money as homoeopathy is a very popular medical field in the world. A homoeopathy doctor can earn Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month in the government sector and Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25,000 per month in private sector in the beginning. After getting some experience a doctor can earn money without a limit.
For any queries related to BHMS Course in India, you can write to us in the comments section below.