World Handwriting Contest 2020
AAKASH NEET Online Test Series @ Rs 1199 Apply Now
AAKASH Rapid Revision Test Series for NEET Apply Now
About World Handwriting Contest
World Handwriting Contest is open for all age group, and the contest will accept entry between 1 January 2020, to 30 June 2020. Life Time Winner: Anyone who receives three first prizes in the World Handwriting Contest will be regarded as a "Lifetime Winner". Last year the World Handwriting Contest received more than 1000 entries from across the world.
World Handwriting of AAHC: Annual American Handwriting Competition and WHAC: World Handwriting Achievement Contest.
World Handwriting Competition Dates
||1 January 2020
||30 June 2020
|World Handwriting Competition Result
Subscribe for Regular Updates of World Handwriting Contest
World Handwriting Contest Eligibility Criteria
Categories for Participating in World Handwriting Contest
- Children (age 7 and under)
- Pre-Teens (ages 8 through 12)
- Teens (ages 13 through 19)
- Adults (ages 20 through 64)
- Seniors (ages 65 and older)
Past winners and contestants can participate in the World Handwriting Contest 2016 but the participant who has already won the first prize three times should refrain from participating.
World Handwriting Contest Reward
- WHC will award first and second prizes in each of these categories and subcategories.
- Judges will determine the category and subcategory in which each entry belongs.
- World Handwriting Contest 2020 winners will be announced in the month of December 2020.
Frank Smith: a sign smith and calligrapher from Albany, New York, USA, who believes that handwriting is of great importance -- will provide calligraphic certificates to each winner as a prize.
Thiruvengadam Madanagopal a calligrapher from India and former Lifetime Winner of the World Handwriting Contest-- contributes one writing instrument: a high-quality pen of his choosing.
Mr Ashok Batra: a former Lifetime Winner of the World Handwriting Contest, from India -contributes one writing instrument: a high-quality pen of his choosing.
He believes that writing on paper creates a personal bond that can never be achieved through the latest technologies like the internet and mobile phones. The personal touch in handwritten letters, he believes, is incomparable
World Handwriting Contest Application form and Process
- There is No Electronic/ Online Submission and the participants have to submit their entry by post.
- Each Person should send only one entry.
- World Handwriting Contest will disqualify writers who send more than one entry.
Participants can write in either of the two handwriting styles.
- FUNCTIONAL HANDWRITING - which strives for legibility, speed, and fluency without aiming at artistic effect. For this category, the judges will further separate entries as cursive or manuscript (printing).
- CURSIVE - joins 50% or more of its letters.
- MANUSCRIPT (print-writing) - joins fewer than half of its letters.
- ARTISTIC HANDWRITING -which uses a monoline or calligraphy marker, pen, or brush along with decorative strokes, flourishes, or combinations of shading and hairlines to create an artistic effect.
What does a person write and submit?
- Write out and submit the quote selected for your age group. Please do not write additional material within your entry
Contestants younger than age 8- They do not have to write out the whole quote, but they must write at least the first two sentences of the quote.
Contestants under age 12- They should write out the first (shorter) of the two copy-quotes. Contestants of age 8 or older must write the entire quote.
Contestants ages 13 and older: They should write out the second (longer) copy-quote.
Official Quotes to be written for participating in the contest
FOR CHILDREN up to 12 years of age
HANDWRITING: that action of emotion, of thought, and of decision that has recorded the history of mankind, revealed the genius of invention, and disclosed the inmost depths of the heart. Handwriting ties us to the thoughts and deeds of our forebears and serves as an irrevocable link to our humanity. No machine or technology can replace the contribution or continuing importance of this skill. It has been necessary for every age and is just as vital to civilisation as our next breath.
-Michael R. Sull-
FOR AGES 13 AND OVER
HANDWRITING: that action of emotion, of thought, and of decision that has recorded the history of mankind, revealed the genius of invention, and disclosed the inmost depths of the soulful heart. It gives ideas tangible form through written letters, pictographs, symbols, and signs. Handwriting forms a bond across millennia and generations that not only ties us to the thoughts and deeds of our forebears, but also serves as an irrevocable link to our humanity. Neither machines nor technology can replace the contribution or continuing importance of this inexpensive portable skill. Necessary in every age, handwriting remains just as vital to the enduring saga of civilization as our next breath.
-Michael R. Sull-
What kind of Paper and Pen should be used?
- Paper: Use either lined or unlined paper, 81/2 x 11 inches or A4 size.
- Writing instruments:
- The contestant can use Ballpoint pen, fountain pen, felt/fibre tip marker, or calligraphy pen/brush.
- Use the same writing instrument throughout the entry.
- Use only black ink and white or light-colored paper (plain or lined) with no pre-printed pictures or decorations as the entries are scanned for display.
- The written quote must fit on the front side of ONE sheet of paper. Allow at least a 1/2-inch margin on all sides of the quote.
Submission of the Handwriting Competition Entry
- The participant should write the following information on the backside of your entry (not on the front), write in English
- Your full name
- Full address
- age on 1 July 2020
- Phone number,
- Your e-mail address (if any).
Please do not use a separate piece of paper for this information, and please do not write this information on the front of the entry. You need to send your entry by post.
World Handwriting Contest Selection Process
- Legibility: how easily the handwriting can be read.
- Fluency: the smoothness, grace, and flow of the writing
- choice of layout and margin
- spacing between letters, words, and lines
- the consistency of letter size and forms
- the accuracy of the quote
- neatness and general appearance;
- Within each age group, the judges will sort submissions into two categories of handwriting:
- Functional Handwriting - It is the handwriting which strives for legibility, speed, and fluency without aiming at artistic effect. For this category, the judges will further separate entries as cursive or manuscript (printing).
- Cursive - joins 50% or more of its letters.
- Manuscript- (print-writing) - joins fewer than 50% of its letters.
- Artistic Handwriting - It uses a monoline or calligraphy marker, pen, or brush along with decorative strokes, flourishes, or combinations of shading and hairlines to create an artistic effect.
WHC will award first and second prizes in each of these categories and subcategories.
World Handwriting Contest 2016 Winners announced!
World handwriting contest result 2014
1) Improve Your Handwriting: Teach Yourself
2) Cursive Handwriting Practice Workbook for Teens
World Handwriting Contest Contact Details
For India Entries Submission Address
Mohan Ray, #2327, Sector-22C,
Chandigarh, India 160022
Contact Mohan Ray: 0172-5067977 / 09915755177 , 09815017977
World Handwriting Contest
Deependra Ratna SHAKYA
P.O.BOX 19792, Kathmandu
Nepal, Mobile No: 9801068344
Noa GUO, General Manager
Beijing Strong Feeling Youth International
Dahezhuangyuan Number 3 Suzhoujie
Haidian District, Beijing, CHINA 100080
Telephone: 0086 10 6287 3793
Fax: 0086 10 6287 379
Mobile: 0086 13501128095
For entries from Countries other than India, China and Nepal
World Handwriting Contest
c/o Kate Gladstone - Handwriting Repair
165 North Allen Street, First Floor
Albany, New York 12206
United States of America
ALLEN Champ 2020 is a national level competition carried out with an objective to honour and mentor the students who are recognised across the wo... Read More
RIMC Admission 2020 to Class 8 will be done on the basis of RIMC Admission Test. Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is an ‘A’ c... Read More
12th National Biennial Competition is an initiative of the National Innovation Foundation (NIF) for Green Grassroots Unaided Technological Innova... Read More
Young India Fellowship (YIF) invites fresh undergraduates and postgraduates to apply for the fellowship. YIF is Ashoka University's first postgraduate... Read More