SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship 2017
About SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship
SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship 2017 is awarded annually to a scholar who has had No or little opportunity to conduct research outside India. This fellowship scheme is given by the SOAS South Asia Institute (SSAI) and the Charles Wallace India Trust. The winner will get 3 months placement at SOAS and University of London should be taken predominantly during term-time (March–June). Interested candidates can fill the application form of SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship and send it by 15 September 2017.
The 3 Months visiting Fellowship is Intended
- Providing contribution to the Institute’s research environment actively.
- Provide SSAI members and research students with the opportunity to work with leading academics from outside SOAS.
- Development and Promotions of links with academic institutions in India.
- To offer academics from India the opportunity to collaborate in joint research with SSAI colleagues.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in India
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships for Long Term Award 2017-18
Subscribe for Regular Updates of SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship
SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must be Indian nationals and must be residing in India at the time of application submission.
- Candidates have required a completed PhD degree and must be working in the fields of ‘India Studies’ (Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences) which are supported at SOAS.
- Applicants may not hold the Fellowship for the purpose of, or in conjunction with, enrollment in any Higher Educational Institution in the United Kingdom (including SOAS).
- Candidates must be in the early to middle stage of their academic careers.
- Candidates must have sufficient knowledge of English language both written and spoken, to participate in discussions and use resource materials.
- Candidates must state if they are in receipt of any other grant, or are awaiting results of other applications. Failure to do so may result in the fellowship being withdrawn.
SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship Reward
The selection of the winner will be based on the academic merit and research potential. The winner of this SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship 2017 will get below-mentioned benefits:
- University ID Card
- Staff-membership of the SOAS Library
- Workspace in the School (including computer, telephone, printing/photocopy credit)
- £650 towards an international fare and a living grant at the monthly rate of £1,400. The candidate must make his/her own travel arrangements. The £650 contribution will be paid to the fellow on arrival in the UK by the Trust and the living grant will be paid through SOAS. Please note that it is the responsibility of the successful candidate to arrange accommodation within the limit of the budget.
SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship Application form and Process
The application form of SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship is available on the official website of SOAC as well as on this page below. The application form duly filled in (including Section 12, list of your Publications and Section 16, a Description of your Proposed Research including an explanation of why SOAS, in particular, is an appropriate venue for you to pursue this research). The two letters of recommendation have to be attached with the application form. Click on the following link to download the SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship application form.
Click here to Download Application Form
Submission of the Application
The SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship application form and other related material will be submitted through online mode. Candidates have to send the filled application form along with the required documents to the official email of SOAS South Asia Institute i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are informed that ineligible or incomplete application will not be contacted.
SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship Selection Process
The selection of the winner will be based on the academic merit and research potential. The Institute and the Trust reserve the right not to make an award in the event that no suitable application is received. The school may conduct an interview round of the top three shortlisted candidates via Skype. Further details will be sent to the shortlisted candidates after the closing date. Candidates will be informed via email regarding the outcome of their application, generally by the end of October. The School is authorised to release the names of successful fellows and their research topics as it deems fit.
SOAS Charles Wallace India Fellowship Contact Details
SOAS University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square London
WC1H 0XG, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0) 2076372388
Urban Fellowship program 2018 is a nine-month, fully funded interdisciplinary fellowship program for recent graduates from the varied e... Read More
Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2018 has been announced by The Obama Foundation and Harris School of Public Policy, the University of Chicago for br... Read More
5th International Poster Competition is an endeavor to spread awareness about the Climate Change Care - Act. This competition is organized by Seg... Read More
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More