Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships for Long Term Award 2017-18
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship is an English Charity Fund that enables Indians in the early to mid-stages of their careers to spend time in the UK.
- This scholarship is provided by the Charles Wallace India Trust (through an agreement between the Indian and the British Government), established in 1981.
- Scholarship is named after Charles Wallace, a British businessman and entrepreneur who born in Calcutta, India in 1855 and after making provision for his family he left his estate to be divided between the British Treasury & the Treasury of British India.
- Through Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship, awardees get an opportunity to achieve artistic, academic and professional ambitions and to broaden their international contacts.
- In over 30 years, Charles Wallace India Trust has made around 3000 grants to benefit Indian students in order to widen their experience or get exposure in their preferred areas of study in UK.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
|| 25-38 years
Nationality: Indian Citizen residing within the geographical limits of India
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships Reward
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship Rewards
- Total 10 long term awards will be offered and selected candidates will get an opportunity to study or gain wider experience & exposure in UK in the chosen areas of study, applicable for Arts and Heritage Conservation varies.
- Awards will be for 2-3 months of UK study up to a maximum of a year along with the accommodation & living costs in the UK, fees where they are payable at and performance at interview.
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships Application form and Process
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship Application Process
- Applications for the Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships can be submitted only in hardcopy at the nearest British Council Center. British Council offices in india are present in 9 cities.
- Candidates must submit the application form with a statement of purpose in which they have to mention the details about the course which they want to follow, what they want to do in UK and what are their plans to use the experience of the scholarship after coming back to India.
Interested applicants can download the application form.
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships Selection Process
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarship Selection Process
Selection procedure for the scholarship comprises two steps:
- Shortlisting will be done after evaluating the applications received by the British Council.
- Selected candidates will be called for an interview in late February 2017, in Delhi.
- Interview duration- 30 minutes
Note: Applicants having the significant work experience will be given preference during the selection procedure.
Essential criteria for availing the scholarship
- An IELTS certificate( International English Language Testing System)
- Evidence of unconditional acceptance on the course, program, attachment or internship for which you have applied, or evidence of progress towards acceptance.
- Portfolio submission where appropriate in either CD/DVD or hard copy format.
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships for Long Term Award 2017-18 Result: Results of the interviews will be announced in early April 2017
World of 7 Billion Student Video Contest aims to influence public policies, attitudes, and behavior on national and global population issues and ... Read More
Commonwealth Scholarship for Master’s and PhD in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries under ... Read More
IITM Summer Fellowship Programme is a two months summer programme at IIT Madras and is open for engineering students from all across India. The studen... Read More
EGMO 2018 is an international mathematics competition that is organized only for female candidates. In this European Girls’ Mathematic... Read More