RD Sethna Scholarship for Studies in India and Abroad
Last date to apply
If Applying for Overseas Education- May 31,
If Applying for Education in India- August 31
AAKASH NEET Repeater Batch Starting Apply Now
About RD Sethna Scholarship
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938. Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarships to those students who are the citizens of India.
Loan awards have been designed to enable students to get scientific, technical, industrial or commercial studies in India or overseas on the condition that all the amount has to repay with interest and on time given in the agreement. The RD Scholarship Fund is all about granting a loan to students whose parents cannot afford to pay fees of highly reputed colleges or institutes overseas or in India.
Last date for RD Sethna Scholarship Application
- If Applying for Overseas Education then the last date is 31 May
- If Applying for Education in India then the last date is 31 August
Every year the RD Sethna Scholarship Application open on 1 April 2020
Subscribe for Regular Updates of RD Sethna Scholarship
RD Sethna Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Passed at least secondary school certificate examination
- Academic Qualification: It is mandatory for an applicant to have passed at least a secondary school certificate examination or any other equivalent examination.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: He should have scored 50% or more than that of the total marks in his last examination which would make him eligible to apply for Rd Sethna Scholarship programme.
Guarantor for RD Sethna Scholarship
- A guarantor is also needed for an applicant applying for a loan.
- The Guarantor should be a male and have a minimum monthly income of Rs. 10,000 if giving a guarantee for a student applying for studies in India and Rs. 15,000 if applying for overseas education.
- Must be a permanent resident of Mumbai.
RD Sethna Scholarship Reward
- Once the application gets selected, the applicant will be getting a reward in the form of loan scholarship, and then he could easily pursue his studies overseas or within India.
- Once the application gets selected, the loan scholarships will be paid to the student in instalments depending on the trustees by looking at the condition of each.
RD Sethna Scholarship Application form and Process
- Applications have to made on a prescribed form which could be obtained on request from the trust office.
- Application forms for RD Sethna Scholarship Fund will be sent to the students by post only after payment of Rs.50 in the form of demand draft or Postal Order in favour of RD Sethna Scholarship Fund is received.
- Applicants are also required to send self-addressed Rs.10 stamped envelope of size 23cm*10cm with the information whether to study overseas or in India.
Documents needed with RD Sethna Scholarship application form
- Mark Sheets: Certified copies of the mark sheets secured by the student at every examination of secondary school or other equivalent examination.
- Letter of Admission: A single copy of the letter of admission to the particular college or institution at which the applicant seeks to study.
- Abroad: Applicants who are willing to study in the USA, or in universities in abroad then they must attach a copy of the form I-20 whereas to study in India, makes mandatory for an applicant to produce the receipt of the admission fees paid to the institution.
- India: Applicants willing to study in India must not forget to submit proof of the recognition granted to the institute by the Govt. of India.
- Salary Statement of Parents & Guarantor: Salary certificate or copy of income tax assessment order of the parents and the person proposed as guarantor.
- Letter of Recommendation: Copies of testimonial or letters of recommendations given to the applicant must be attached.
- Passport Size Photograph: A passport size photograph is needed which should be duly certified by S.E.M. or any Gazetted Officer or Head of the renowned college where the applicant has studied or is studying at present.
RD Sethna Scholarship Selection Process
Selection Criteria for RD Sethna Scholarship
- The academic record of the Student
- Financial Status of the Parents
Final Selection of Student for RD Sethna Scholarship
- Only successful applicants would be further informed and no intimation will be provided to rejected applicants in granting loan scholarships.
- The loan scholarships has to be availed within 6 weeks from the date they are stated to be required , if the applicant or his guarantor somehow fails to show up or could not complete the required formalities within 4 weeks then the loan shall be cancelled without any prior notice
RD Sethna Scholarship Contact Details
29 Hazarimal Somani Marg,
Fort, Mumbai-400 001
Phone: 91 22 2207 7044
NEST Scholarship 2020: The registration has been started and the link to apply Online is available on this page below. The candidates can apply O... Read More