UGC to provide 2 Credit Points to the swachh Bharat summer interns - Union Grant Commission has come up with the campaign under Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI) 2018 in which they will provide 2 credits points to all the interns who will participate and complete the Swachh Bharat Summer Internship. It is cleared that the youths pursuing Higher Education can earn 2 extra credit point as an ‘elective’ under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI) 2018 aims at engaging the college youth with Swachhata work in villages in the coming Summer vacation Since Swachh Bharat Mission was announced, a ton of moment regarding the same has been witnessed and taking it to the new level by co-coordinating with Union Grant Commission. Also, know about the UGC Scholarship for the student.
- As youths are the pillar of the nation and therefore the perfect way to evolve them in one of the missions to use and furnish their skills and in return they will be rewarded.
- Swachh Bharat Mission is the campaign launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 October 2014 with the aim of the campaign is to clean up the streets, roads, and infrastructure everywhere in India.
Reason to grant credits to interns by UGC
- Swachh Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI) aims to encourage lakhs of educated youths of the country to develop their skill and orientation for the sanitation sector. Hence, by providing the 2 credit score point as an ‘elective’ under the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) to students in Higher Educational Institutions will motivate them to appear and take part in such mission in future
- It will develop skills among youths to spread awareness and motivate and add people to the Swachh Bharat Mission. Also, each youth has to invest 100 hours for the purpose of sanitation and bring change which is necessary for the development and a better environment.
- The participants have to contribute to the creation of sanitation infrastructure, system building, behaviour change campaigns and other IEC initiatives. All the activities will take place in and around nearby villages.
UGC to grant 2 credit points to Swachh Bharat Summer Interns - Key Highlights!
- Every intern who will complete Swachh Bharat Summer Internship will be rewarded with Certificate of Internship by the Swachh Bharat Mission and 2 credit points as an elective under the Choice Based Credit System by UGC.
- This initiative by UGC will develop the skill and orientation for the sanitation sector among youths and will also motivate them to appear and take part in such mission in future
- The participants of SBSI have to contribute to the creation of sanitation infrastructure, system building, behaviour change campaigns and other IEC initiatives.
Scholarships offered by UGC
- UGC Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- UGC Post Graduate Scholarship for Post Graduate
- UGC Scholarship for University Rank Holders
In case of any query regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below.