UGC Scholarship 2017-18 Post Graduate Scholarship for SC/ST for Professional courses
Scholarships for Class 8 to 12 by AAKASH Apply Now
About UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies
UGC Scholarship for Post Graduate Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates invites online application from SC/ST students willing to pursue their higher education in Professional courses. Under UGC PG Scholarship for SC/ST candidates for financial assistance is provided to the scholars for the duration of their post-graduation course. This UGC Scholarship is an attempt to elevate the youth of the deprived section of the society i.e. Scheduled Caste/Tribe students and aims at providing an opportunity to undertake postgraduate level study in professional courses through financial assistance.
- Professional subjects such as Engineering & Technology, Management, and Pharmacy in any of the Indian Institution can be studied under the UGC Scholarship for Post Graduate Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates for the Year 2017-18.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||SC/ST Students enrolled in Post Graduate Courses
- Age: The applicant must not be older than 45 years as on 1 July 2017
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of female candidates.
- Age factor may be relaxed in special cases
- Categories: The Scholarship is available for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe only.
- Academic qualifications: The applicant must possess a graduate in any professional course.
- The applicant should also obtain admission in any professional Post-Graduate level course in any recognized institution.
Not Eligible for the Scholarship
Candidates pursuing Post graduation Courses through distance mode are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Reward
The candidates will receive the following benefits from the UGC Scholarship 2017-18 Post Graduate Scholarship for SC/ST students for Professional courses:
- The number of awards: In the year 2017-18 total 1000 scholarships will be offered to the students.
- Duration of the Scholarship: The duration of the scholarship will be of 2-3 years depending on the duration of the professional course.
- Amount of the Scholarship: The amount of scholarship will be as follow:
Amount of Allowance
@Rs.7,800/- per month (ME/ M.Tech)
@Rs.4,700/- per month for other courses.
@Rs.15,000/- per annum (ME/ M.Tech)
@Rs.10,000/- per annum for other courses.
Conditions Related to the UGC Scholarship
- Obligatory Work: Scholars need to undertake 10 hours every week for work assigned to them by the institution. The work could be teaching or research activity or work related to the maintenance of the laboratory or any other facility of the institution.
- Cancellation of the scholarship: The scholarship can be discontinued at any point in time is the beneficiary student is engaged in any of the following activities:
- Unsatisfactory progress of the scholar
- If candidate is later found ineligible
- Restriction on Job: Once the fellowship is awarded the fellow cannot take any job/employment/ fellowship during the tenure of the fellowship.
- Yearly Progress Report: The candidate is required to submit a yearly progress report duly signed by the Head of the Department and Registrar of the University or Head of the Institution or Principal of the College.
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Application form and Process
The application process for the UGC Scholarship 2017-18 Post Graduate Scholarship for SC/ST students (Professional courses) has started and the candidates who are eligible for the scholarship can fill the application form through online mode. The link to fill the form is given below. Hence, the students are suggested to follow the link in order to fill the application form. The last date to fill the form is 31 January 2018. Therefore, the application form must be filled on or before the due date.
Click Here to Apply Online
Documents to be uploaded: After filling the online application form, applicants need to upload the scanned copies of the following documents on the website.
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST)
- Age Proof Certificate. (i.e. Class 10 certificate, etc.)
- Graduate Degree Mark sheet/Certificate
- Physical Disability Certificate (if applicable)
Submission of the Application Form
Before final submission of the application form, the candidates are suggested to cross-checked the details filled by them are correct in all aspect. Otherwise, the application form may get rejected. Once candidates are done with filling up the form, it is advisable to take a printout of the application form and keep it safe for future use.
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Selection Process
The selection of the scholars will be done by the expert panel of University Grants Commission. Following are the details of the process:
- The awardees will be selecting only after minutely observing the required qualifying parameters in terms of enclosed documents and considering the merit of the candidate.
- The decision of the panel will be final and binding and no communication will be entertained in this respect.
NOTE: On completion of the PG Programme, Awardees have to submit the audited utilisation certificates issued by the University/Institution/College where they were enrolled for studies.
Post Graduate Scholarship for SC/ST for Professional Courses Result - Merit List
UGC Scholarship for SC/ST students for post graduate studies Contact Details
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi Pin:110 002 India
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll Free: 1800113355
Queen's Commonwealth Essay Competition 2021 is conducted by The Royal Common Wealth Society in partnership with Cambridge University Pr... Read More
World Handwriting Contest is open for all age group, and the contest will accept entry between 1 January 2021 to 30 June 2021. Life Tim... Read More
The Atlas Shrugged Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education. The student has to write an ... Read More