School Curriculum to Include Sports, Vocational Craft, Yoga - Human Resource Development Ministry is planning to introduce separate curriculums for yoga, sports, and vocational crafts in the school curriculum. This proposal is introduced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD). The main motive behind this is to ensure the complete development of students in extracurricular activities. This plan is getting implemented under National Education Policy (NEP). The NEP is likely to submit a draft to the HRD ministry by 31 March 2018 in lieu of introducing integrated curriculums in the school
A panel of 9 members is formed to prepare National Education Policy (NEP) and the head of the panel is K Kasturirangan. He is also the space scientist and was once a chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).Recently the panel held a meeting to discuss key proposals and a roadmap to speed up the work. K Kasturirangan also led the Karnataka Knowledge Commission.
What would be the benefit of introducing new proposal by HRD
According to HRD ministry officials, the upgraded curriculum will be focused on the overall development of students into academic and sports or extracurricular activities, for instance, sports. Often parents encourage their children to focus on academics, which is not completely right. The overall development of students is more important which must include extracurricular activities.
This new curriculum will ensure a holistic development of students at a different level. CBSE will likely be assigned the task of deciding how this assessment will take place. HRD minister Prakash Javadekar has been emphasizing the fact that apart from academic education, students should acquire life and creative skills.
School Curriculum to Include Sports, Vocational Craft, Yoga - Key Points
- National Education Policy along with HRD is planning to introduce curriculums for Yoga, Sport and Vocational Crafts in School Curriculum
- According to HRD ministry, there can be the possibility of awarding marks to the students for proficiency in sports
- NEP is likely to submit a draft to the HRD ministry by 31 March 2018 in lieu of introducing integrated curriculums in the school. Only after that, the plan will be executed
- The parents always encourage their children to heed on academics. However, they lack to understand that to take parts in extracurricular activities is also important as like academics.
- CBSE 10th Result 2018
- CBSE 12th Result 2018 - Statistics and Revaluation Details
- CBSE Class 10 Board Assessment Guidelines for Students
In case of any query related to the News, you can write to us in the comment section below: