NEET 2018 notification to be released soon by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary education) for the Undergraduate Courses. After the release of the notification, the candidates will be able to develop an eye towards the implementation in the NEET this year if any. The candidates will also get familiar with the details about the NEET dates, eligibility, application process, exam pattern etc. for this year. NEET UG Exam is likely to be conducted on 10 May 2018. However, the final announcement is not made yet. So the things will only get clear after the final announcement by the authority and after the release of notification.
Register Here for Free SMS Alert for NEET 2018
NEET UG 2018 - Important Points
- NEET UG 2018 Application Process is likely to begin from the third week of January 2018. Candidates between the age limit of 17 to 25 years of age can appear for the examination.
- As per the changes announced earlier in NEET 2018, it will now be conducted in six additional languages: Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu and Tamil apart from English and Hindi from the coming academic session.
- Last year the NEET exam was held on 7 May in 10 languages at 1,921 exam centres in 103 cities across India.
- Total 11,38,890 students registered for the NEET 2017 in which there were 1,522 NRIs, 480 OCIs, 70 PIOs and 613 Foreigners candidates.
Controversies related to NEET Last year
- There were a lot of controversies and protests across India last year over the NEET 2017 question paper and the language related issues.
- So this year the Union Human Resource Development minister, Prakash Javadekar announced that vernacular question papers for the NEET will be the mere translation of the question paper in English.
- Expectantly, there are no major changes in the exam pattern this year. There will be 180 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) and the duration of the exam would be of three hours.
About NEET 2018
NEET 2018 is an All India Undergraduate medical entrance exam which is conducted every year by CBSE. It is the single medical exam in the country which will be used for admission in MBBS and BDS colleges. All the aspiring medical candidates get admission into Government and Private Medical Colleges in the country through NEET UG only. However, the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Pondicherry don’t give admission through NEET UG.
In case of any error regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below