NEET 2017 is now again in the state of prominence with two major changes. The Supreme Court has allowed the medical aspirants of 25 years old and above to appear in the NEET. entrance exam. Therefore, the candidates of above 25 years old are also eligible to give NEET Test. In addition, the last date to apply for the NEET Entrance Exam date has also been extended. The last date to fill the NEET Application Form is now 5 April 2017. Therefore, the Supreme Court has directed the CBSE, conducting body to open the online portal from the evening of 31 March 2017 so that the candidates who have not applied yet can apply now.
CBSE, the conducting body of NEET will provide All India Rank of the candidates to Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India that will be ultimately provided to admitting authorities for admission.
NEET 2017: Age bar removed, last date extended - Key Highlight!
- The limitation of age criteria has now removed and the candidates of 25 years of age can also appear in the NEET entrance test.
- The application form for the NEET can now be filled up to 5 April 2017. The Supreme court has directed the CBSE to open the online portal again which was closed on 1 March 2017.
- The age removal approval has been granted after two petitions.
- The number of attempts they are allowed to clear a top all-India exam for entry into undergraduate medical schools has also been declined.
- CBSE has already released the NEET notification where it introduced age and attempt cap.
Opinions of the officials about this news on NEET
- "The judge recorded the submissions of all parties including MCI and petitioners and allowed the NEET aspirant to sit for the exam this year,” said advocate Vaibhav Srivastava.
- A lot of students from the rural background will badly suffer if the government doesn’t change its stand. Our nation is already facing the shortage of doctors. Fixing such criteria will discourage medical aspirants.” said Activist Dr Anand Rai, who is supporting the students.