KVPY registration 2018 has been started for Stream SA, SB and SX from today, 11 July 2018. KVPY Application Form 2018 is available now. IISc Bangalore has released the KVPY application form for the session 2018 and students can register for the KVPY 2018 exam now. The last date for KVPY Registration is 31 August 2018. KVPY Registration Form can be filled ONLINE only. The link to KVPY registration form 2018 is available below on this page. IISc Bangalore has also announced the KVPY Exam Date 2018. The KVPY Aptitude Test 2018 will be conducted on 4 November 2018. Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the KVPY Scholarship now. Candidates have to register online, fill the application form, upload the documents and pay the application fee. This year there are some changes introduced in the KVPY and we have explained that. The details of required documents and steps to fill the KVPY application form are also given on this page.
KVPY Registration Form - SA, SX, SB
While filling the KVPY registration form, candidates have to select the stream. There are three streams under which candidate can apply for KVPY 2018. The streams SA, SX and SB are explained below:
- Stream SA – Students studying in Class 11 will need to apply for KVPY Application SA
- Stream SX – Students studying in Class 12 will need to apply for KVPY Application SX
- Stream SB - Students studying in the first year of any undergraduate program in basic sciences will need to apply for KVPY Application SB
KVPY Application 2018 Changes
This year the application has started as per the time stated on the KVPY Official website. After filling up the application form we saw the following changes:
- Increase in KVPY Test Cities - In 2017 there were 54 test centres and this year the test centres have increased to 100.
- Stream while filling up the registration form - Before filling the application form of KVPY the candidates have to register and create an account. Candidates have to enter "Presently studying in Class" and the stream (SA, SB or SX) will be automatically displayed.
- Payment Mode of Application Changed - This year the candidates can pay the application fee only through the online mode that is Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking. Last year the candidates could pay the application fee via challan as well.
- PIO and OCI Students allowed to appear in KVPY Exam - This year as per the interim order (final order awaited) of the High Court of Karnataka the PIO and OCI students are also allowed to appear in the KVPY Aptitude Test until last year only Indian Nationals were allowed to appear in the KVPY Scholarship test.
KVPY Registration 2018 Dates
The table below provides the KVPY 2018 Registration Form and Exam Dates. Students can check the KVPY dates to avoid missing deadlines.
KVPY Registration Form-Released
11 July 2018
KVPY Registration Last Date
31 August 5 PM
KVPY Exam 2018
4 November 2018
How to Fill the KVPY Application Form 2018
Candidates can apply for KVPY 2018 only through online mode. Candidates are advised to check the KVPY eligibility criteria before applying. Students who want to register for KVPY 2018 can check the given steps below to fill the KVPY Application Form.
- KVPY Registration Form 2018: Register a new account online to get User ID and Password. While Registration, you will have to fill in your basic details like Name, Class, Gender, Date of Birth, Stream, Category, Nationality, Email and Mobile Number.
- KVPY Application Form Filling: After successful registration, you can log in and fill out the application form that includes personal details, academic details, exam centre choices etc.
- Documents Uploading for KVPY Application Form: The students applying for KVPY Application Form need to upload the following documents:
- Scanned Image of Photograph
- Scanned Image of Signature
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST Students
- Medical Certificate in case of PWD candidates
- KVPY Application Fee Payment: Pay the application fees through credit or Debit Card, Net banking. The application fee for the KVPY Exam 2018 is as follows
- General Category/OBC: Rs. 1000
- SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500
Read more about KVPY 2018
Candidates can know more about KVPY 2018 Exam by following the link below.
In case of any query regarding this news, you can write to us in the comment section below.