JEE Main 2019 to be conducted by NTA. Most of the exams which were initially organised by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will now be taken charge by National Testing Agency (NTA). According to Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar, CBSE will continue to conduct Board Exams but except that other exams will be taken over by NTA and the Director General of NTA will be announced soon. NTA will start to function from 2019 with the conduct of Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) and National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) UG which is conducted for Medical/Dental Programmes.
Register for Aakash Coaching to ace JEE Main 2019
JEE Main 2019 to be Conducted by NTA
JEE Main exam will be conducted by NTA from the next academic year. Apart from JEE Main, other exams such as NEET UG, NET, CTET, JNVST Entrance Test will also be taken over by NTA.
- Till now CBSE conducts 24 different examinations. But from 2019, it will continue to conduct Board Exams but except that other exams will be taken over by NTA.
- The exams conducted under NTA will be done twice a year and in online mode to give more chances to the deserving students.
- NTA also aims to work for the betterment of the rural students. For this purpose, it will make their centres at sub-district and district level and would also work on the training of the students.
Other Exams to be conducted by NTA
National Testing Agency (NTA) from the next academic year i.e. 2019 will take charge to conduct the following exams. CBSE will continue to conduct Board Exams but except that other exam which will be taken over by NTA. Check the list of the exams which will be conducted under NTA.
- JEE Main: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted by CBSE for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Participating State Government Institutions.
- NEET UG and PG: NEET is an All India Undergraduate medical entrance exam conducted by CBSE. It is the single medical exam in the country which is conducted for admission in MBBS and BDS colleges in India and Abroad.
- National Eligibility Test (Twice a Year): UGC NET exam is conducted by CBSE twice in a year. UGC NET 2018 is for Indian nationals and is an Eligibility test for the position of Assistant Professor in Indian Universities and Colleges.
- CTET: Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is conducted by CBSE twice in a year. The exam is conducted for the candidates who want to join government colleges like KVs and NVs as teacher profile.
- Jawahar Navoday Vidyalayas (JNVs) Entrance Test: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Test is conducted by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (JNS). The aim of this is to promote education among the deprived sections of the society and to provide excellent educational opportunities to the students of rural areas.
About National Testing Agency (NTA)
NTA will be an autonomous body and will be registered as a society under Indian Societies Registration Act, 1980. It will function as a self-sufficient independent body used for conducting entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. The creation of this new body NTA was proposed last year in November by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The main aim of this proposal was to make a body which will be able to check and enhance the intelligence and problem-solving skills of the students. It will also bring high reliability, standardised difficulty level for assessing the aptitude, creativity and intelligence of students.
It is presumed that the names of the different members for NTA have already been shortlisted by the Prime Minister’s Office. These names will be forwarded to MHRD and it will announce the Chairperson of NTA in April this year. The CEO will be the director general will be appointed by the Government and there will be a Board of Governors comprising members from user Institutions.
A senior Human Rights Development (HRD) Minister told that there are a number of applications for the post of the chairperson and the DG selected for this body will be will be a renowned academician.
Click Here for More Educational News
For any query related to this news, you can write to us in the comments section below.