Bhaskar Das, a student of National Institute of Design (NID), Gandhinagar got selected for UK’s prestigious Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowship. Bhaskar Das is a post graduate student and is among the 18 students selected across the globe from various design, management and technology schools.
Das had submitted a 90-second-video on how a system can be designed taking circular economy as a baseline. After that, he also cleared the interview round and got globally shortlisted for the fellowship.
Das will go to London in June on a fully paid 7 days Summer School on Circular Economy. He will also have to submit a project on the circular economy at the end of the fellowship.Bhaskar das will be accompanied by his mentor Pravin Nahar, a faculty of Industrial Design in NID.
This year 18 students and their mentors will take part in the programme:
- 14 from Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowship Partner Universities,
- 2 from the Pioneer University programme (University College London and Rochester Institute of Technology)
- 2 Wildcard winners: One from Nottingham Trent University and One from Strathclyde University, UK.
2016 Schmidt-MacArthur Fellowship Students:
- Bhaskarjyoti Das – National Institute of Design, India
- Antonio Russo - MIP Politecnico di Milano
- Cheng Hu – Tongji University
- Efren Chavez Ochoa - Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Elena Khishchenko – Imperial College London
- Grace Kane – Delft University of Technology
- Jack Bo Chung – University of California Berkeley
- Joshua Macabuag – University College London
- Lijin Chin – Cranfield University
- Naga Srujana Goteti – Rochester Institute of Technology
- Peter Lowe – Stanford University
- Priyanka Chatterjee – Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Serena Pozza – Yale University
- Terence Steinberg – London Business School
- Tolu Odusanya – Royal College of Art
- Yun Law-Koun – KEDGE Business School
- Jack Barrie -- University of Strathclyde – Wildcard winner
Students & Mentors will be awarded Fellowship worth 10,000 British Pound each.