Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship 2017
About Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship
Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship is an International Fellowship program offered by Ellen MacArthur Foundation having a multi-disciplinary approach and includes Postgraduate students from Design, Engineering, and Business. Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship gives Post-graduate students and their tutors/mentors to develop creative & innovative thinking around the circular economy. The last date of Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship application form submission is 12 February 2017.
The Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship scholarship is offered to Postgraduate students who have secured admission in any of the 14 Partner Universities, out of which Cranfield University, Imperial College London and London Business School forms the Core Academic Team.
Under this fellowship program not only the students will be rewarded but their mentors/tutors will also get to be a part of the Fellowship program.The Students, as well as their mentors, become a part of the academic activates and courses offered under the fellowship and along with that, they also get cash prize worth 2,000 British Pound.
Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship Important Dates 2017
|Starting of Application
||31 October 2016
|Last Date to Apply
||12 February 2017
|Shortlisting of Candidates
||14-15 February 2017
|Online Interviewing of Shortlisted candidates
||20-22 February 2017
|Selection of 2017 candidates
||23 & 24 February 2017
|Summer School in UK
||12-16 June 2017
The fourteen partner universities are:
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship
Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Post-Graduate students from Design, Engineering and Business
- Nationality: There is no restriction on the nationality of the applicant of the Fellowship.
- Academic Qualification: The student should have an accepted place on a postgraduate course in design, engineering and / or business at one of the Fellowship Partner Universities.
- Availability of Mentor: Evidence of the support of an academic mentor within their home university and the availability of that mentor to attend the week-long summer school, in the UK during 12 – 16 June 2017.
Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship Reward
As a part of the Fellowship, both the students, as well as their mentors, will be rewarded. The details of the benefits available for Students and their mentors are as follow:
For Students & Mentors: Students & Mentors will be awarded Fellowship worth 10,000 British Pound each and it will include:
- Grant: A grant worth 2,000 British Pound (Approx. INR 2,00,000).
- Summer School: Fully paid 7 days Summer School on Circular Economy in the United Kingdom.
- Online Program: Students will get a chance to be a part of CE100 six week Executive Education course along with Online Knowledge building programme and support.
- A programme of 8 webinars between April to October 2017 provides an opportunity for additional knowledge building and learning. Each session consists of an hour-long webinar with an invited guest.
- CE100 Acceleration Workshop: Opportunity for a small number of students to attend one of the bi-annual CE100 Acceleration Workshops. These are 2-day workshops which take place in Europe, bringing together CE100 members to work on collaborative problem solving and action orientated programmes, with real outcomes.
- Exposure: The fellowship will serve as a platform for deeper engagement and cross-pollination by sharing emerging circular economy practices with our international network of university and business partners.
For Mentors: The mentors participating in the Fellowship program will get an honorarium. The details of the benefits are as follow
- Opportunity to discuss the wider opportunities to embed circular economy thinking within the university curriculum and explore other cross-disciplinary collaborative initiatives.
- During the summer school, a number of mentor-specific sessions with academics from other Partner Universities and the Foundation’s business partners provide an opportunity to exchange expertise around teaching, learning and research programmes and potential collaborations across the network.
Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship Application form and Process
The applications for the Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship will be submitted online and the candidates are required to complete the application form and as a 90-second audio-visual presentation.
Submission of the Application Form
The duly filled in applications along with the audio-visual presentation’s topic etc. via YouTube to be submitted online. The details of an alternative way to send us the audio-visual, for those applying from China only, will also accompany the online application form.
Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship Selection Process
The selection criteria of Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship are based on the concept of the circular economy and systems thinking. The evaluation of the candidates will be done on the basis of their:
- Thinking and content
- Contextualization and completeness
- Presentation style and technical proficiency
Schmidt-Macarthur Fellowship Contact Details
ACST 2019 Scholarship is offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates preparing for engineering entrance exams, medical entran... Read More
SHDF Scholarship 2019 is given by Sikh Human Development Foundation, USA (SHDF) and Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi. Also known as S... Read More
Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search 2019 Exam is conducted by JBNSTS Kolkata which is an autonomous Registered Society. The Jagadis ... Read More
Green Olympiad 2019 is a written examination on the environment for school students organized by TERI. Green Olympiad was initiated by ... Read More