Bengaluru Boy reaches semifinals of Breakthrough Junior Challenge. Samay Godika is one of the 30 semi-finalists chosen from more than 8,000 entries. Breakthrough Junior Challenge is an initiative to inspire the creative thinking of science among students between the ages of 13 to 18 years. Breakthrough Junior Challenge is sponsored by Facebook, Google, and Khan Academy.
The students from the different countries across the world were invited, amongst which, many of the students have made up to semifinals. Like others, a Bengaluru native boy named Samay Godika too made to semifinals of Breakthrough Junior College.
What helped Samay mark his name in the list of semifinals is his old age techniques to find against cancer, Alzheimer. A 15-year-old boy is now all set to represent India at a global competition. Talking about his inspirations, he says that he finds the inspiration at home itself.
What Samay Godika said on creating video for Breakthrough Junior Challenge
Samay Godika created a video on Autophagy depicting the seriousness of neurological disorders. Talking about the video, he said that intermittent fasting is healthy and can fight against such diseases. Further, he added:
“A few relatives in my family suffer from neurological diseases. This inspired me to do research about preventions. This is how I came across the topic — Autophagy. It is a process which occurs inside our body, which breaks down dead and decaying organelles and converts them to energy. If Autophagy is executed regularly, it can have the power to prevent (not cure, just prevent) diseases such as Cancer and Alzheimer’s.”
What made Samay mark position in Breakthrough Junior Challenge
- Samay created a video on autophagy depicting the biological process through in a fusion of humorous animated story and an informative imagination thinking.
- The video depicted the Autophagy as a panacea. He explains how the intermittent fasting is healthy and described the importance of autophagy in fighting against neurological diseases.
- His peculiarity and interest in science fascinated him to take the challenge. He is looking forward to winning the title of Breakthrough Junior Challenge
The young smart kid has been garnering attention from the leaders like Shashi Tharoor. Minister of IT-BT etc.
Know about more Science and Other Scholarships Here
- 20th Merit Scholarship Exam (NEC)
- Promotion of Science Education Scholarship 2017
- Google Science Fair
- Scholarships for Engineering Students in India
- Scholarships for Girls in India
- Top Scholarships for SC Students
- Top Scholarships for ST Students
- Top Engineering Colleges in India 2017
- Top Schools in Delhi
- Top MBA Colleges in India 2017
In case of any query regarding the news, you can write to us in the comment section below