Aadhaar Card is mandatory for the NEET 2018 Registration. The NEET application process has started from 8 February 2018 and information brochure issued by the CBSE for the year NEET 2018 clearly specify that the Aadhaar Card is mandatory to fill the NEET Application Form for Indian Nationals of all states except candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir.
In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET(UG), 2018. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
Following are the reason was given by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for making Adhar card compulsory for NEET Registration:
- Aadhaar number is required for submission of Application Form of NEET (UG) 2018.
- The use of Aadhaar for the candidates of NEET (UG) 2018 will be beneficial in an accuracy of the candidate’s details.
- Aadhaar Card will also help in determining the identities of the candidates at the examination centres in a useful and hassle-free manner.
- Aadhaar prevents the need for producing multiple documents to prove the identity of the candidates.
- Candidates who carry the Aadhaar Card shall enter Aadhaar number, Name, Date of birth & Gender in an online application for NEET (UG) 2018 for the purpose of their identity and authentication.
Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir can alternately provide Ration Card No., Bank Account No., Passport No. or No. of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.
Click here for NEET Application Form
Candidates not having Aadhaar Card for NEET Registration
Candidates not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case they are entitled to obtain Aadhaar. Such candidate may visit any Aadhaar enrollment centre to get enrolled for Aadhaar. To facilitate such candidates who do not have Aadhaar, the CBSE has particularly set up facilitation centres in each examination city for the Aadhaar enrolment.
- The candidates can address such facilitation centres who will not charge any amount from any candidates for the enrolment of Aadhaar. The list of the facilitation centre will be soon on the official website of CBSE.
- In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, the candidates should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation centre will then issue a registration number to such candidates.
- The candidates should enter this registration number at the time of filling the online application form for NEET (UG) 2018.